1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

The Caverns Below is being nerfed to need 5 of the same minion.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    To the surprise of exactly no one.

3. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

Yeah, surprised it took them so long.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would have rather they made it a minion so you couldn't prep it.

5. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Hero cards sound interesting, but the hunter one already is odd as fuck. It's pure value, but it negates he need for hunters to have draw.

They still need healing though to pull it off. Maybe this Lifesteal mechanic will be that.

I know I'm desperate for it in Rogue. Been wanting value Rogue for years...

7. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

The Frost Festival starts today and it brings a quest:
    [​IMG]

This quest will appear weekly during the event and we all get 1 win at the start.

8. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Arena is such a complete joke right now, tbh.

It's well worth your time to just spam some runs and take advantage of the 1 free win you get each run.

I'm averaging ~8 wins per run over the 20ish I've done the last two weeks, paladin > rogue > mage.

http://i.imgur.com/LbMAhnd.png for my most recent run, bask in the hilarity that is that draft.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Speaking of complete jokes...

[​IMG]

10. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

That new legendary looks insanely overpowered, I thought it was fake at first.

11. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

I'm not sure on the power level - it's probably fairly dichotomous on account of potentially adding bad-synergy cards to your deck plus making your own outs harder to draw... Either it's a 7 mana 4/6 that actively hurts you, or you win the game because you just out-fatigued him due to 6-7 cards more. Problem is, if Jade Druid is still around, those long win-con style decks (Elise, oldie Control Warrior in general... That kind) will be shut out of the meta anyway because Jade shits on that. (And on this card.)

That having been said, this is a good contender for meme deck enabler of the expansion and I can't wait to get my ThiefPriest back on track. Also, if dumpster tier, still way better than the Princes.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  12. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I can see it being used in ultra control priest with the Rayza, Lyrma, radiants.

You do have potential wins against Jade druid with Radiant Elemental, spam idols for 0 mana, have a board of a 2/3 Elemental, 4/4 Auctioneer 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 4/4, 5,5. If you can somehow survive until next turn it would be 30/30s from your idol.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    This is a memecard, lol. It won't win you any games against Jade Druid, even if you get the dream. You'll get a board of shitty jades maxing at, what? 6/6? While at that point Druids are spamming 20/20s...

Though they showed a new Priest spell, Embrace Darkness. A 6 mana delayed Mind Control (take control at the start of your turn), which may as well just say 'Sorry for getting rid of Entomb, here's a way to get rid of Ysera'

14. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

You can still cast idol even with a full board. The counter continues to go up.

15. Oment

Ay, there's the rub. I doubt Jade will let you go infinite like that.

16. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

It's overpowered for Control vs Control, but considering Hearthstone has essentially abandoned control as a worthwhile archetype some year and a half ago, that card is never gonna see play.

17. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Yeah, I used overpowered when I should have used ridiculous. It's a crazy idea that could be fun to use in non regular play.

18. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I wanna see someone use it and get a copy of their opponents deck in their deck... than the other person ALSO uses it, to get both a copy of their opponents deck AND their own deck back into their deck. Than using card bounce shenanigans, the first person uses it again!

No one will ever fatigue ever again.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    They haven't abandoned control at all. Look at the cards they're printing.

People like to say 'lol, but Jade druid', but that's fine. Without Jade Druid, imagine a meta with fatigue warriors going infinite with Dead Man's hand, or priests with their legendary, or Frost Lich Jaina...

Some of the strongest decks in Un'goro were control, and while aggro druid will still be a thing, look at the cards being printed that specifically hard counter it...

Don't worry, you'll be begging for the aggro meta back if they do the unthinkable and make quest mage T1...

20. Oment

Control was depressed a fair amount between the initial aggro outburst (as happens in every expansion - the meta gets slower as it becomes more refined) and Quest Rogue's oppressiveness towards it. For most, if not all, of Un'goro, the Control archetype has been solidly T2 at best, with only Burn Mage as the real exception. It's only after Quest Rogue's nerf that other non-Mage Control decks started trending upwards.

With the slight anomaly of Quest Rogue excepted, the meta was fairly standard over the course of the expansion. Fast as fuck at first, and then shit slowed down when counters were identified. Same old, same old, with the exception that aggro and the aggro side of midrange held dominance longer due to QR forcing decks to go fast.

T3t