1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Can you explain what exactly you liked about it? I read it and got nothing from it. The tom vote is hedged with "want him to explain more", the Jarizok read is like... decent, I guess?

"Also, I thought #72 and #88 might indicate that he's looking closely at people's posts (because he wants to find scum)." <--- that seems like... preeeeeetty shallow though.

And then it's just a bunch of open-ended questions.

So...?

What about that post gives you a peek into Rubicon's head and convinces you that he's genuinely trying to solve the game?

---------- Post automerged at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Off to work, back tonight

2. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

fluff:
    I've liked some of his sentences. (Not sure they are long enough to be a full post :p)

Thing on Citrus's pressure vote on dyachei.

and the follow up:
    Are good.

Dumb (non-EW) tell. Likelyhood of faking, is ~20% I think. Percentage rises if he's a LW though I guess (maybe ~40%). Either way, probably not EW?

Oh yeah, he basically starts the tom CFD, not EW.

He can be town.

---------- Post automerged at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Well, when I was catching up in the thread at that point, I had written down literally the same note on dC and then got to this post and was like "snap". That and my reads on Jari being totally different at the same point, makes me feel that his reads are genuine.

Also, it just feels like he's trying to find the motivations of people and matching it to their tone to see if it fits.

---------- Post automerged at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

EBWOP:
    * should say "my read on Jari" instead of "my reads"

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Particularly liked his claim post

4. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Dinner time, back later with thoughts on Silver.

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Personally I would say that #618 is the post I never make as scum. As soon as I wrote it, I was like, "Shit I shouldn't have said that. It's too town. I need to tone it down."

---------- Post automerged at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

I like what you're doing so far Newcomb.

How do you read KaiDASH's question to me in #1729 and #1733? For context, this was immediately after I started calling him scum.

---------- Post automerged at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Do you think that wei defends me there, in worlds where he is a witch and I'm town? The scum team doesn't seem to have the balls to directly doubtcast my alignment, but it benefits from more ~mist~ around whether I'm telling the truth... seems like they are more likely to sit back and let you reach your own conclusions. On the other hand, I'm biased because he's calling me town.

6. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Witch Hunt #9: Halftime Edition.

Vote Count 2.7.

Citrus [4]: dC, his fluffiness, KaiDASH, Beruru.
    mal [4]: Miner, Fable, Silver, Newcomb, weiyaoli.
    KaiDASH [3]: Rubicon, Citrus, Vaimes.
    dC [1]: Jarizok.

Fable [1]: mal.
    Vaimes [1]: Owner.

Not Voting [0]: ~.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to softlynch and 12 to hardlynch.

Today is a 120 hour Day. Deadline is at Friday, July 21, 2017 at 4:00:00 am (GMT+1).

2.1 l 2.2 | 2.3 | 2.4 | 2.5 | 2.6
    1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5 | 1.6 | 1.7 | 1.8 | 1.9 | EOD1

7. Rubicon

Though wei, your HF ISO is... very brief. It only covers his early content, and not in much detail.

I agree that HF is town, but think his strongest town posts come later on. I particularly liked his theory that Citrus was a Little Witch trying to signal the Elders that Tom was not a Little Witch. I don't think that ever comes from witch-HF.

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Yeah that's definitely true (re brief). I'm mostly tired of doing ISOs at this point. So I basically just skimmed fluff until I saw enough to be happy with a town read on him.

9. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Beruru: I don't really feel like you're presenting any analysis of the votals, you're just kind of posting them...

Do you think all three of the players who voted Dya are wolves? Do you think all three of them are Elders?

Of the two options you presented for me, do /you/ think I'm lock town or a witch?

What do you think of Mal's plan to look for witches off of the tom wagon considering both of his counterwagons are /on/ tom?

Also put me on the list of "just say whatever it is" people.

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Should be 5 votes for Mal I think.

11. Rubicon

I would support a Mal lynch.

12. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Well I was calling you town yesterday and I think your read of me varied from slightly above null to slightly below null. Don't think I remember a fairly strong read either way from you on me.

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Me 7.

7chars

14. Rubicon

This is true. Part of that is because I feel like the way you have been focused on writing ISO posts of everyone is a shift from your previous town games, which had more live interaction and probing questions. So while nothing you have posted has struck me as especially scummy, I'm haven't felt completely comfortable calling you town.

15. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Lack motivation right now to read over Silver, so have a quick read wall instead:

Last one was at #1094 (I think, don't remember making one since then):
    Town: dC, Rubicon, miner, Jari
    lean-town: owner, Vaimes, Citrus, Fable, kai
    lean-scum: dyachei, (fluff, Cobalt), Acio, Beru
    scum: tom
    (not on the list: jwlk)
    Reads now:
    Town: Rubicon, miner, Fluff, Fable
    lean-town: dC, Jari, kai, Citrus, Vaimes, Newcomb
    lean-scum: Beru, owner
    scum: mal
    (not on the list yet: Silver)

Rubicon and miner haven't done anything yet that makes me re-think my [town] reads of them. Fluff (probably my weakest [town] read) is there for starting the wagon on tom, as well as the posts I picked out above.

Fable (refer to #2002 for precise reasoning) after my re-read I feel is probably [town]. But I'm happy to re-evaluate this read again before half-time because scum!Zealot is obviously bad.

kai (refer to #2135), I think he is not an EW. Behaviour wise, I feel he is more likely to be town>LW. He is [lean-town] because I've not really thought too much about how LW might play differently yet (vs normal witch in non-halftime variants) so I'm not that confident at distinguishing town v LW v Agent.

I've dropped Jari and dC a tier to [lean-town] because I don't really remember what they've done today (D2). Which is probably not fair, but I don't think either are getting lynched today so I'll have time to re-read them tomorrow.

Citrus (refer to #1891), overall he's town-y. So [lean-town]. There are a couple interactions like with kai or Fable or Vaimes for example that might be significant if one of them flips somehow though.

Vaimes (refer to #2258), [lean-town] for now. Don't think he is an EW. Similar with kai, I think he's probably more likely villager over LW. So happy to put aside for now. He also apparently has internet access again, so hopefully will become easier to read too.

Newcomb, like the approach so far. But hasn't done that much yet so [lean-town]. Plus Cobalt did basically nothing D1/2. Not familiar with Cobalt's meta, but I think some people have brought up that's a bad thing with him? So a weak-ish town read.

Rough order of [lean-town] tier: Jari/dC>Vaimes>kai/Citrus>Newcomb

Beru, still dislike heavily the play at the end of D1 for pretty much the same reasons as then. It was still pretty bad early D2 in terms of camping her vote on me for a long time then disappearing. The counterwagon thing (makes her probably not EW) plus her posts after I called her out for the disappearing is why I feel slightly better about her compared to D1.

But I think Newcomb has a good point about the votals thing she's been doing lately. It's like her choice to do random ISOs late D1 (over actually making a case on me), busywork is the right description.

owner, much weaker [lean-scum] read. Mostly, similarly to dC and Jari, I don't really remember what owner has been doing D2. Plus I think I remember a drop off in D1 too. Could maybe convince me to lynch owner, but otherwise she's in the pile of people I need to re-read for D3.

Mal (refer to #1752 on thoughts on Acio), his Citrus progression is awful. Never did really help clarify it to me (but then apparently he has his rule about not replying to people who scum read him), then replaced out. Think Fable is town and Fable/Acio not t/t so scum.

On stuff mal has done. Unvoted to give some breathing room to catch up, but mostly lacklustre stuff so far. Think this is probably my strongest scum read (i.e. vs Beru or owner) so vote will stay here.

Yeah, problem of too many "town" reads I guess. I think probably some LW in that pile.

Time to read Silver.

---------- Post automerged at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Yeah maybe? I'm probably not the best judge of my own meta. I did massive ISO posts of people before as town too. It's just I used to quote/link every single post (including RVS/fluff posts) people ever did, and that takes waay too much time to do nowadays for me.

I haven't really been around throughout the day enough to do more live interaction mostly I think this game.

---------- Post automerged at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Ok I think I fixed my avatar now. Thought I had uploaded one before, but it turned out to only show up on my profile page thing.

16. Rubicon

Fair enough.
    Thank you for getting an avatar. It helps me.

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Good morning....

I'm waiting for other people to actually use the votals and stats I'm posting. I don't want to say "hey this thing is definitely a thing" and then everyone is like "oh yeah" or "I don't see it, actually" instead of actually including these votals and statistics into their reads.
    Right now, it feels like I make a post and people don't actually read it or use my useful things in any way because they're like "Beru is scum lol". I even asked if people wanted certain statistics or whatever because I could continue posting stats forever if people have no specific requests but it feels like you're all just sitting around waiting for me to decide everything about this for you while simultaneously thinking I'm scum. None of this makes any sense to me and I have no idea how y'all are playing this because it feels like you guys think you're playing mafia when this is actually witchhunt.

---------- Post automerged at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------
    Silvercrys3467 weiyaoli his fluffiness owner

Post more, please.
    (Newcomb and Mal aren't tagged because they just got here and haven't had time to post 100 posts.)

18. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Um what more do you want me to post about? I feel like I've done lots of stuff in the game already. Lots of my posts are slightly longer so going solely off post count makes no sense.

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    You have done lots of stuff, it just feels like you always give your valuation of things after the fact and aren't around for any live contact.

20. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Silver:

#1650 is a solid entry into the game.

Stuff I like:
    -> His question to people on whether tom wagon hit a witch
    -> Him laying out his background (probably NAI/easily faked, but small +town)

Stuff I'm "eh" on:
    -> Question to Fable, not clear what the point is
    -> Question to Jari, not too sure again how it helps him get a read of Beru or Jari

In terms of the exchange he has with Fable regarding his question, it doesn't really go anywhere. Similarly with Jari. I'm left thinking what he expected to see and am confused what he actually got out of them.

His read wall (#1797) reads pretty genuine though. I'm liking the concise nature of many of his reads, and they are still well developed.

The only problem I can see is maybe some of his reads are a bit too consensus-y (probably not the right phrase for what I mean). Like the more interesting people that people seem to disagree on (e.g. kai or dC) he has nearer the middle. I can see why they are there, but in the end it's easy/cop-out reads to make of them.

His second exchange with Fable I'm not really sure how to respond to. I can see better why he asked the question he did of Fable. But Fable gets really emotional at this point, so it's a bit difficult to parse out reads of either of them that aren't affected by this.

I think his #2056 and #2080 fits a lot with my reads. Still eh that he doesn't really have an opinion on kai and fluff even after he does a mini-ISO of them.

Hasn't really posted that much since then, but what he has posted makes sense to me.

I think overall I'm feeling good enough about Silver to put him down as [town]. So:

Town: Rubicon, miner, Fluff, Fable, Silver
    lean-town: dC, Jari, kai, Citrus, Vaimes, Newcomb
    lean-scum: Beru, owner
    scum: mal

---------- Post automerged at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

I mean this is a fair point since I'm usually around at a consistent time every (RL) day - ~6 hours ago to around now. And it seems like this is offset a bit from when almost everyone else is around.

But I don't really understand why you pinged me to just say "post more". Like, call me out on not interacting live with enough people or something in the first place.