1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Hi!

You posted a metric fuckton of posts on D1 and then only posted 45 times today. I was expecting your activity levels to stay fairly consistent. What happened?

---------- Post automerged at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I pinged everyone for a separate reason, you just happen to be online so I can explain to you right now.

I wish you could separate people's post counts by day without having to count manually, btw.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

That's... What. Beruru can you explain what you mean by "people don't actually read or use my useful things in any way because they're like beruru is scum lol"

Also what's your read on me? And what's your read on mallorean?

Part of why you're being poked for the votal dumps is, beyond the fact that you're IioA'ing, you literally started the second Newcomb replaced in and I don't believe a second before (correct me if I'm mistaken). In fact the only thing you've done is used it to justify placing your vote on me without really posting why. It's kind of giving me the vibes of a counter-vote against mallorean more than anything else, so why?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't really know what to do with your stat dumps. :V

I'm kind of surprised the Cobaltslot didn't get more flak than it did, considering Cobalt spent the past couple of games making a late entrance.

---------- Post automerged at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

I like mal but he's probably a witch.

I like Newcomb but I admit I'm probably going to have a hard time reading him at 25%. His entrance was nice. Effort, casual disregard for over 2000+ posts that doesn't ping scummy, buuut swinging onto another-just-replaced-in slot is kinda meh? I have mixed feelings about that.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Beruru complaining about being prodded for IIOA and then proceeding to just do rounds poking people does not at all improve the perception of 'busywork'

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Someone was complaining about how high I had Silver? Was it dC?

My response to that is "sorry, but it's not something I want to discuss. Try something else."

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I am increasingly sure Vaimes is town.

Beruru is odd but I don't see why a witch would choose to be this flavor of odd.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Rubicon is learning. I love it.

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally don't find votals to be that useful to look at this early on. And you call it "beru is scum lol", but this is an actual thing where I'm obviously more inclined to not use stuff you put out because I think there's an agenda behind them.

But like if you're the one who thinks these stats are super important, you have to be the one who is making the case(s) about them?? Or even asking people who town read you (like Vaimes or Rubicon for example) for opinions on specific things.

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I haven't seen anyone be like "Hm, that's interesting," or "I didn't realize public opinion of Kai and Vaimes was actually that high," or "I can't believe someone left their vote on Fable that long," or things like that.

My read on you is that I don't think you're town anymore, which I will explain later. My read on Mal is I hope that dude is fucking town because I don't actually want the memes to be real.

What the fuck is an IIOA. I posted the first votal immediately after Newcomb replaced in, but I had mentioned that I was starting up The Machine way, way before that. Like, it was 4 hours or so, I think? Troubleshooting took a while.

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

But yeah, this.

11. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Well mostly to me it just feels like an aversion to actually trying to get someone lynched over someone else if that makes sense. This is witch-y because:
    a) she's posting stuff, but not actually doing much witch-hunting with it
    b) it's basically fence-sitting of a different kind, because she's not really responsible for any lynch or vote whatsoever

Like her vote for me D1 and D2 were kinda just there. D1 especially she made a weird point about me being hedgy or something like that and then didn't respond to my questions regarding any evidence for that or explained that read further. And instead, RNG'd some ISOs to do on other people.

Her D2 vote is even more confusing, because she basically left it there as like a default whilst she re-read the game.

---------- Post automerged at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

What is this black magic re no automerge!!

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Sure, it might only be D2, but this game has more posts than the majority of games played on this forum. It isn't actually that early, content-wise, and this game is probably on track to become the biggest. More posts means more votes, so there'll obviously be better stats the bigger the thread is.

I haven't colour coded my votals for that reason. It's literally just data.... if you don't trust it, Mal posted the link to it earlier, so you could just install it and run it yourself in order to get the same results.

That's actually a super great idea! Maybe... I've also forgotten how to play this game. Hold on, let me find some things to ask them about...

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think a reverse list of the one in #2253 might be useful. E.g. groups of players (A, B, C) that have never voted for another group of players (X, Y, and Z). I'd put this together myself but I'm on my phone.

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

It's not early in terms of posts/votes, but I'm more meaning it's early in that we've literally lynched one person (tom), and had one NK (dyachei). I'm not convinced therefore there's enough to make a solid case on based on voting patterns.

Data is just data, but it's easy to either focus on misleading statistics or use them when they appear to back up a theory you have (i.e. when it's convenient to do so). Hence why I'm saying it might be still too early and hence why I'm not particular receptive to a scum read of mine doing lots of posting of data and limited analysis of data.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Information instead of analysis.

15. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I think I've produced at least as much content as most of the players toDay even if I don't have as many posts, and I'm not shitposting to a hundred just because you asked me to. That's not helpful to people trying to determine my alignment because it just clogs my iso up with irrelevant stuff and a waste of time I could be using to do other things.

If I haven't given an opinion on something, I (1) missed it, (2) am waiting for it develop because it was a conversation between other people I didn't want to interrupt, or (3) I didn't think it was worth talking about. If you want me to talk about something specifically, ask.

So, uh. Since you said everyone was pinged for a different reason, why /did/ you ping me and tell me to post more? It's not like I'm empty posting, and I don't expect anyone to have me as a lock read of any kind yet but I've said enough stuff that I think anyone could put me somewhere other than null.

-------------

As far as IIoA, it stands for Information Instead of Analysis. Scum sometimes try to look "helpful" by providing information like mafia theory and votals without actually explaining why they think they're important. It's safe because it looks like/is work so it pads their "content" but isn't alignment indicative because it contains no opinions or stances of their own.

That's what it looks like you're doing by posting a bunch of votals and not actually talking about them yourself. It's compounded by your statement that you're not even going to make reads yourself anymore. By saying you're just following the machine, you're avoiding responsibility for your reads and votes. Not that it really seemed like you were taking responsibility for them anyway since I still have no idea why you think or thought Jarizok is a witch.

If you're town, I'm not sure how you expect anyone to know it. When I read your iso, I see some fluff/empty posts, a few barely justified reads, some weird stuff like when you told dC you think Citrus is an agent, and the votals. The Citrus thing I already talked about, and between that and the other stuff I think you're a Little Witch because it reads like signaling to me.

It's a game, I don't hate you as a person, we're here to have fun, all of that jazz. But I think you're a witch and I'd like to see you hang before Half Time.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Beruru
    Why ping silver and weiyaoli, and not ping me?

---------- Post automerged at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Side note I'm so glad day got extended because day-end now for me would a nightmare

17. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    is Day End not in 4 hours? That's what the timer in the votals says....
    Jan

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    You have a lot more than 100 posts.

And, same.

Vira Silvercrys3467 Day was extended by another 24 hours because it took so long to find Newcomb.

19. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

No, we got an extra 24 hours on top of the first extension when Newcomb replaced in:

20. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Hmm. Okay. It was Delphine's vote count though, not Vira's. Thanks!