1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Witch Hunt #9: Halftime Edition.

Vote Count 2.8.

mal [5]: Miner, Fable, Silver, Newcomb, weiyaoli.
    Citrus [4]: dC, his fluffiness, KaiDASH, Beruru.
    KaiDASH [3]: Rubicon, Citrus, Vaimes.
    dC [1]: Jarizok.

Fable [1]: mal.
    Vaimes [1]: Owner.

Not Voting [0]: ~.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to softlynch and 12 to hardlynch.

Today is a 144 hour Day. Deadline is at Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 4:00:00 am (GMT+1).

2.1 l 2.2 | 2.3 | 2.4 | 2.5 | 2.6 | 2.7
    1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5 | 1.6 | 1.7 | 1.8 | 1.9 | EOD1

(Previous errors should be fixed now; sorry.)

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I thought the original deadline was yesterday and the new one is today.

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

That was the first extension we got, when Newcomb actually replaced in we got another 24 hours.

---------- Post automerged at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Which is good, because otherwise I'd be freaking out over owner's vote being AWOL on Vaimes.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I'm not asking you to shitpost, I'm asking you to, like... you're town, right? So your opinion is valuable to everyone, right? I want to see more of your posts. Nobody has voted for you in the entire game, even since you arrived. Your posts are... really good. Anyone who tried to mislynch you would be sent straight to hell, even though you're a low posting replacement and that usually implies an easy time. I'm not saying that your reads are correct, because they ain't. As far as I'm concerned, barring mechanical evidence, you are the most town person here next to Rubi.

Rubicon is making more posts than you, but they're like, 1-2 line posts. This isn't great, either, because when you are 99% confirmed town your opinion is the most valuable thing in the thread. (Some could argue that scum would be the most valuable, but scum are able to pour in as much wine as possible. I mean... have you seen Tom's posts?) I really just like... want you guys.... to take more, uh, charge, I guess.

This is a 144 hour day. I have all the time I need, and so do you. I can do things as slowly or as quickly as I want, and so can everyone else. I mean, we only have 27 hours left, now, but... things could have been happening. Imagine if we had had the activity of D1 held for 144 hours, for example.

---------- Post automerged at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

I have to leave in an hour for the music festival thing and won't be back for, like, 6. So... if you have any urgent business with a bear, post it now.

---------- Post automerged at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Also, Rubi, I'm still doing that vote thing you wanted.

I just like. Have to decide?

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    hi his fluffiness

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Um. Explain me a thing.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Fluffy was partly responsible for the tom CFD and is thus very likely town, but isn't leveraging this and it makes me sad.

8. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Beruru:

I see what you're saying about me posting more, but I'm really out of touch with the game because I only know... like, Vaimes? In any capacity at all besides the one game I played with Fable?

I'm sort of in this limbo where I want to post / play more but I don't know what to say that I haven't already said and it feels like no one's really reading what I'm saying, anyway, unless I say it directly /to/ them. I've gotten very little if any feedback on.... anything, really, other than you saying you're town (which, you would either way) and some people commenting about my question to Fable (some people liked it and some didn't get it, I guess).

Like, I think there's scum between you and the Acio slot. But you obviously don't want me to lynch you and no one else wants to either, or at least not enough people.

So I'm left with Mal which looks like it's going to happen. And since that seems fine to me I don't know that I would steer the thread somewhere else even if I could.

[THEORY POST]

Also, here's the thing.

If I'm an obvious villager, like you're saying, then you know I'm a villager and you're a villager even if you're not an obvious villager.

But if you're not an obvious villager, I have less information than you do because I don't know you're a villager.

So if you're a villager and my reads are halfway upside down, I need your input more than you need mine. Because that's the only way I can figure it out, /especially/ in a Witch Hunt because there's no mod flips so the only way I can tell your alignment for sure is from what you've said.

Where would you take the thread if /you/ had control? Why? Who do /you/ think is the best lynch right now? Why? What is the thing you saw when you made the votals? What is so interesting about the votals you posted that you wanted us to see them? Why were you scum reading Jarizok forever, and are you still?

If you're a villager, it helps me see what you're thinking and gives me a chance to reevaluate my read of you. If you're a witch, it might give away your partner or partners.

Either way is good for the village as a whole, so if you're a villager there's no reason not to do it unless it's a role read or something.

[/THEORY]

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hi dichotomouscreator

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Oh, true. You guys did do that. It seems like most people see it as entirely on you, now, though, when in the beginning of the day, it felt like the opposite? Idk.

Silver, I'm gonna reread your iso.... like, when I get home tonight.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    sigh

alright

who's town? who's scum? why? :V

full disclosure I'm kind of disappointed with myself as well ._.

I mean I know why I'm not posting up to standard (basically what I said to Citrus earlier) but it still sucks. Biggest issue is not having resources for a reread b/c I feel like a lot of my reads are stale/shallow and it'll take a large time investment to correct them at this point.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Last dayphase I was in a place where there was like hours of driving so I'd be sitting there in the car with nothing to do liveposting on anything and everything.

This dayphase I'm getting dragged to parties and meetups and literally every social event you could possibly think of, so I don't exactly have that same amount of time to post.

Pretty much would only lynch mal, Vaimes, or Citrus today.

Maybe beru. Jari warrants closer attention too.

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

DC, what are your thoughts on lynching Mal today?

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I could swear I saw the exact same post day 1 from someone else.

Lemme find it.

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Okay... like this, right?

List of living players organized by unique votes cast:

Silver - 2 (Mal, Fable)
    Newcomb - 2 (Mal, Jari)
    Wei - 4 (Mal (x2), Beru (x2), Citrus, Tom)
    Miner - 4 (Mal (x3), Beru (x2), Tom (x2), Vaimes (x2))
    Mal - 5 (Beru, Citrus, dC (x2), Fable (x3), Jari)
    Kai - 5 (Mal, Citrus (x4), Fable, Rubi, Tom (x2))
    Fluff - 5 (Beru, Citrus, dC (x2), Miner, Tom (x2))
    Owner - 5 (dC (x2), Fable, Miner, Tom, Vaimes (x3))
    Vaimes - 5 (Beru, Citrus (x3), Fable (x3), Kai, Tom (x3))
    dC - 7 (Citrus, Fable, Fluff, Kai, Miner, Owner, Tom)
    Beru - 7 (Mal, Citrus (x2), Fable, Jari, Kai (x2), Tom, Wei (x2))
    Rubi - 7 (Beru (x2), Citrus, dC, Fable (x2), Kai, Tom (x2), Vaimes)
    Fable - 7 (Mal (x3), Beru (x3), Citrus, Fable (x2), Owner, Tom, Vaimes)
    Citrus - 8 (Beru, dC, Dya, Fable, Kai, Tom (x2), Vaimes, Wei)
    Jari - 8 (Mal, Citrus (x2), Newcomb, dC (x2), Dya, Fluff (x2), Kai, Vaimes)

It makes sense for Silver and Newcomb to not have that many votes, since they just got here. Most of Mal's votes are actually from Acio, but... I would expect more votes from Acio.

Miner and Fable have voted Mal the most.
    Kai has voted Citrus the most.
    Vaimes has voted Tom the most.
    Fable has voted Beru (hi) the most.
    Mal and Vaimes have voted Fable the most.

Citrus and Jari, the two people who have cast the most unique votes, have Miner, Owner, and Rubi in common as the three people they've never voted for.

Because this is votes cast and not votes received, it ends up with a lot smaller field of votes to pull the kind of thing you actually want, Rubi. ._.

I gotta go, but I'll finish my stats from this later...

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

If it's the dumbtell bit, I think dC mentioned it after your post too.

I don't think I ever saw someone mention those other specific quotes though.

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ok, the post I was thinking of was Dyachei's 1130.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    My personal opinion of mal is he's either struggling to catch up or lurking on purpose. Given the former could be either alignment but the latter is probably scum and given that mal replaced in (and replacing in to lurk is ???) and Acio's behaviour never picked up, I'm inclined to lean scum based on that.

The only issue I have relates to the wagon itself:

mal [5]: Miner, Fable, Silver, Newcomb, weiyaoli.

My Miner/Fable reads are both also south of null right now, so I'm a little skeeved about a lynch the two of them started (also wait, wasn't Miner not particularly happy with Fable previously? Or am I misremembering that? Miner do you have anything to say about being on mal with Fable?)

Also I guess I'm kinda not a fan of lurker-y lynches in general? In my experience they usually hit town (*cough*blab*cough*), although I recognize that's anecdotal and scum lurkers are totally a thing.

OTOH it might be mal has more content than I remember and it's just not memorable, in which case ewwwww. Can you go into mal's stuff a bit for me?

(oh yeah also in a vacuum I'd still rather knock over Citrus for the D1 shit)

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

?

??

???

Fable I had a meta LT on because I have the most recent scum Xp with him in the game. Like he's supposed to be good at wolfing and I've seen how he makes partners do things in scum chat and whatever he did with tom yesterday wasn't it. With the amount that tom voted Fable if Fable was scum he'd have bussed tom into the ground and there were plenty of opportunities to do so.

But no I'm not voting mal because his votes on Fable. Fable is a bad but necessary lynch at this point. I'm voting mal because I think based on behavior of both Acio and mal that slot is scum.

---------- Post automerged at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Also Wei started the Acio wagon he just moved off and then back on

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay cool just my faulty memory then (probably b/c so many people DO hate Fable rn). The flag was just "oh I thought miner hated Fable but now miner is voting with him" but that sounds like it's just not a thing :v