1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Which part, just. My general read / why are those two slots scum, or why I think they're potentially aligned / unaligned? Something else maybe?

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Why exactly one of them is scum.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I just wolfed with him last game, I don't think he could be any farther from that game.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Vaimes spending the vast majority of time defending himself instead of spewing reads and fluff is very anti town!Vaimes

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I am all right with lynching Mal, but I do think Kai should die first in an ideal world.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's confirmed not to be a part of my scum meta, so people deciding I'm scum because of some smug posts is dishonest at best.

7. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I think they could both be scum, but if they are it isn't together.

Beru did the thing where she said Citrus was an agent. If she's a Little Witch and it's true, the Elders already know they're both in the pool, so it's basically a flashing neon sign like "hey, recruit me."

Her read on the Acio slot probably only happens if she actually thought he was a villager.

So, Beru is a LW or villager. Mal could be anything but if Mal is a LW, Beru is ~probably~ a villager since an Elder saying who they think is an agent in thread is. lol.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I missed your Kai reasons. Link?

---------- Post automerged at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Also, I posted the thing you wanted. Did you find what you were looking for?

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Ah yes, no game would be complete without a dumbtell. Kind of hate it but also kind of buy it, I guess. Though I will say that of all the players in this game that I know, I'd most believe Fluff either genuinely not knowing that (like, didn't bother to check witchchat), or faking that intentionally.

The Rubicon thing... ehh. I don't really agree with you, but I believe you believe it.

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    um.

Does Newcomb, like

not think that Rubi is town?

wat?

11. Newcomb

1. Boo having to look for stuff.

That is a pretty solid post. Without knowing the context I agree with the basic structure and theory you're talking about. Tone's good.

It's probably enough to bump you to light town, I guess. Though it obviously loses some impact when you're self-aware enough to point it out.

2) I kind of like them, in a "idk if he bothers to fake something that odd without a real agenda" way.

3) I think defending you here is probably a free action in the world where you're town and he's a witch? Like. Since I replaced in no one's called you a witch, and beruru is calling you confirmed town and no one's being like "uh hey what?" so my sense is that you're a near-consensus townread. If he's a witch he scores some points with you, and he gets to look busy by doing what is essentially nothing moving the game forward by showing me the light.

Still think he's >rand town though.

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Re: my last post. See, like that kind of thing.

Tell me why Rubicon is town, in your own words, without quoting anything.

---------- Post automerged at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

I've been in the game for maybe not quite long enough to get a sense for this, but you seem like you're hardcore coasting.

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Unless you want to build tinfoil worlds where Tom was not an Elder and Rubi is scum and lying, Rubi is town and Tom is Elder.

I'm paraphrasing my past self, but it's not a quote...

13. Newcomb

Yeah I don't really care about using votals or other people including them or including statistics into their reads?

I care about your motivations for doing it, and about you showing a genuine thought process as you go about using it yourself. Like, you thought this shit's useful, now I want to see you actually use it and demonstrate a town mindset in doing so.

"Fable voted X person Y times" is like, not something that matters to me, personally. If you can explain why the thing you're focusing on is alignment indicative and why it's important, please, definitely do that. If you can do it in a way that shows you're town because it's clear that you're actually working things out and genuinely solving, yeah definitely do that.

But yeah, the way you've been going about it since I replaced in just looks like busywork that's super light on conclusions and reasoning.

14. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    So I am pretty sure Rubi is town from stuff I do not have time/energy to go back and find, but this is not a good argument. Scum won't just automatically lie about flips if they have the GD, as it exposes them to the Spiritualist and they might just think the gamestate works better if they tell the truth.

That said, one reason Rubicon is probably town is he fought the tom lynch and then reported tom as an Elder Witch. In this scenario I CAN easily imagine a scum GD saying the lynch they fought was town, so Rubicon not doing that is +townpoints.

15. Newcomb

And?

Does that mean something?

---------- Post automerged at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

How am I ever going to cope with you not having a firm, definitive read on me? It's going to be such a system shock.

---------- Post automerged at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Can Rubicon not be with tom and just telling the truth? You have something that makes you think definitively not w/w? Why is thinking tom was town and Rubicon lying about him a tinfoil world? What makes that wildly unlikely?

"Unless you want to build tinfoil worlds this guy is town" is about the lamest possible answer to my question.

Reasons, analysis. Come on, you know the drill. I don't think I've ever actually played with you, but from what I understand this ain't exactly your first ro-day-oh. You know what I'm asking for.

---------- Post automerged at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Like, you understand that I'm asking you about Rubicon not to make a judgement on Rubicon, but to make a judgement on you, right? I can make my own call on Rubicon.

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    You've definitely played with me before at least twice, although I don't know if they were hunts.

I want to see your "tinfoil worlds", then. Reasons will come, uh, Soon.

17. Rubicon

Unfortunately no. I looked for groups of three people I'm suspicious of (elder witch candidates), including Tom, who avoided voting groups of two people I'm suspicious of (little witch candidates). No good matches as far as I can see. I included votes from people who replaced out as well.

18. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    If Elders haven't narrowed down their LW possibilities yet they might be avoiding voting for the entire block of four. Maybe consider expanding it to "avoiding voting groups of four people with roughly mixed suspicion"?

19. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Come on Owner get back into the groove.

Dyachei died in the night. Owner looks back at day 1.

Dyachei voted Fable, and then Jari says Dyachei is a scum lean, even though Fable has yet to step a foot into the game.

At first, one could think maybe Jari knows Fable is holy role. Problem is Fable claim zealot. So that's not it, my thought here is wondering what connection is there between Jari and Fable.

One way to get players off your back is to claim, and with priest not dead yet, claiming there doesn't necessarily get you dead.

In my mind, I think Fable comes from the mindset of getting rid of threats early instead of avoiding them.

Vaimes, I think mentioned the kill seemed like the kill was going for like a non-priest role or a low contender or something of that nature.

But I wonder if that was just the story? It could be Vaimes actually thinks that.

But I'll need to get my head back fully into the game to find out.

20. Rubicon

I think it's a hard thing to determine from raw votes with no context. Elder Witches want to avoid getting Little Witches lynched, but that doesn't necessarily mean avoid voting in the list entirely. Voting people on the list is probably even a good idea, since it could help them figure out who's a witch.

---------- Post automerged at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

(note to self, ask silver about that one thing tomorrow.)