1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Jarizok continuing the conversation as if it was legit. I mean I guess DC and I kind of followed that point of discussion too.

But then he creates the counter argument. In some cases, scum tend to like staying in a null mind set. Or rather, they don't settle on one opinion in order to keep their options open.

Vote: Jarizok

I need to build up my reads again as it has been awhile. The new job has a lot of training videos for me to cycle through, but all and all, I think I might enjoy it in the long run.

---------- Post automerged at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Why the growing sound?

Why did you think role-specific pointers were important? And what did you make of KaiDASH's pointers?

---------- Post automerged at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Jarizok's choice of words is interesting as the use of "harrassing" would maybe suggest that he feels his discussion or voting of dyachei is negative. But he doesn't stop or still lingers on for the moment.

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Here, he does kind of cast Vaimes off to the side bringing up the faults in Vaimes' claim or remark that look like a claim.

Jarizok potentially not with Vaimes.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I was going to say this feels mildly partner-y insofar as it kind of feels like it's going out of its way to look unaligned and kind of flubbing it but then I realized if tom was a witch this interaction would be too obviously awkward as the only two remaining full witches, and then I thought that the existence of little witches probably makes not w/w kind of shit anyway so yeah.

Not super crazy about this post in and of itself though.

Specifically this bit strikes me as like. Preemptive defense, or something? In a self-aware way? Meh, thin.

3. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Fluff, I guess I'm a little curious about. As he's also been quick/fast on the draw to point out the negative or latch onto little things.

So I guess this would mean, that I have a slight FoS for his fluffiness.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    If this is the case, then being unable to find a pattern like that maybe suggests they don't know who the LW are yet? (Since according to this, if they don't they'll probably sprinkle light votes amongst the entire list)

(also beru if this was your thing I don't think there was any reason not to say it)

Because he beat me in RWBY mafia :v

I am pretty sure I explained it's b/c if someone without a baseline understanding of a role gets it it could lead to -EV stupidity like random Loose Cannon shots or idk holy claims or whatever.

Kai's second set of pointers was good but first set was meh/ambiguous IIRC, and one of the things I found questionable about him 1 was that he expanded it when it looked like people were side eyeing him.

5. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I'm still not sure what to make of this. I'll have to think it over and try to sense if this is too awkward not.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

[​IMG]

7. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Which thing? Mobile posting from bed but if it doesn't need a super lengthy explanation I don't mind.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...you're re-reading from the start and assessing that way, right? So you haven't reached the end of D1 yet?

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Rubicon what would you say is the difference between town and scum his fluffiness?

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    After nine years in development...

11. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Uh... what? The votes you're talking about are RVS joke votes. dya voted Fable "because I can" and Jari called her a scumlean for using a dark green text that is hard to see because it blends with the background.

I hope this holy role speculation isn't straight from coven chat.

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I...... think Miner and Fable have a private chat together.

When I was speed rereading, I saw Miner's post, and I was like...

"Hold on a sec.

Someone else posted the same thing.... !"

Now, you could be like...

"Hey, Beru. They could just have made the same mistake, it's fine."

And, sure!, you could say that, but...

If they wanted clarification and didn't have a private chat, they would have to trust the thread and not each other.

... but they trusted what they had been told.

Therefore, private chat.

:sherlock:

13. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I've skimmed over the later posts since I've been away, but I feel or have been feeling disconnected that it would potentially be better if I just start all over again.

Like the later stuff is harder to comment on without context and deeper understanding where everyone is at and why.

But yeah, I'm gonna try to get fully caught before the day ends if I'm lucky.

14. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Newcomb, go suck an egg! This day is friggin 144 hours. That's too long. I already thought 96 was long, but I used that time, I was active, I made cases, I made up my mind, and if we lynch Mal today that's just dandy. So yeah, I'm coasting out the day. In the meantime, I'd like YOU to solve YOUR slot, but you're allowed to go 25%. That's all fine, but because you decided to just not read my ~200 posts before you subbed in, doesn't mean they're not there.

15. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Why would I be in coven chat? I pushed for tom all day 1.

---------- Post automerged at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Why legendary things? It's not like scum!Vaimes is like an unicorn or anything?

---------- Post automerged at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------
    weiyaoli

What do you think of Vaimes' progression so far this game?

16. Rubicon

I think when HF is engaged with a game (like in this one), and also town, the difference is that he thinks more deeply about the game and comes up with original ideas / spots little details that he would miss as scum. From what I've seen, he's able to fake some superficially town content as scum, but there isn't as much depth.

17. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Why would Vaimes be more arguably a witch after claiming something like it was the real deal?

---------- Post automerged at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Okay, thanks, I'll keep that in mind. But it will probably come down to how his posts feel.

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

It sounds like Jarizok isn't with Vaimes, or at least not knowingly.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Little coven !

Okay. Keep an eye out for what fluff does and tell me if you're still suspicious afterwards.

Interesting...

I don't think I quite follow the last bit, though? They trusted people not to lie about the gamestate, so they have a private chat? Like I can sorta see the thread of "one of them confuses the other RE: deadline in private", but I'm not sure what you're getting at with the last bit.

Also how do you know scum are aware they did this? b/c they'd be looking for it?

...I guess it could also be an attempted LW signal? Like, a conspicuously synchronized thing that the thread at large isn't supposed to pick up but the Elders, focusing on the LW/Agent pool, do? (Of course, there's no reason the Agents couldn't attempt that too)

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

This explains a lot of question marks surrounding Beru. Also think it makes him town. I completely understand the hype when you find something like this and want to share it. If Beru were scum though, he'd share it with his buddy and not go all "I know something you guys don't and it's awesome" itt.

20. Rubicon

I uh, don't think revealing the identities of the Little Agents was a very good decision?

---------- Post automerged at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Also, I think I need to drop my townread on owner. Sad!