1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You don't get to say this when you said I was fake when I said something similar d1.

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Who said we had a chat?

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    You read that backwards. I'm asking if there's a game here where I /wasn't/ mislynched. (I'm counting misvigged as mislynched) its like, at least the last 3 games here.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

beru laid out the whole theory last night.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

What do you think that says about Fable's alignment this game, though?

---------- Post automerged at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Why do you feel like that mindset is more likely to come from wolves?

---------- Post automerged at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Think there's a decent shot Bears is town and has gone Full MathBlade

---------- Post automerged at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

If there's one thing I've learned in all my years playing this internet arguing game, it's that nothing leads to GREAT SUCCESS more than making up your mind on D1 and then coasting.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb I think owner's post about me always insinuates I'm a witch since "getting rid of threats early" is never a villager mindset.

6. Newcomb

(I don't think mislynching you would be challenging enough to be the toppest kek)

---------- Post automerged at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Yeah fair so why didn't she like, say that?

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Yo Newcomb. It's not D1.

Also, I meant for lynches today, not the game at large.

Nice of you to read one sentence of one post of mine at least.

8. Newcomb

Don't stop there, you're so close to the finish line of whatever this is. So you're saying tom/Jarizok/X, right? Show me the lessening of pressure by Jarizok and X. That's what you're saying happened, yeah? Fable claimed, he's in the pool, the Elders backed off. So show me tom backing off, Jarizok backing off, and someone else backing off and why they're a witch.

Remember, anything you say can be used against you in a court of lol.

---------- Post automerged at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Going easy on me / not actually pushing on me is different than like, not even entertaining the notion that it's easy slank cover as your first reaction to seeing it.

Do you have any particular reason you're townreading Mal here other than "too consensus"?

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Citation needed. Actually don't remember.

10. Newcomb

Sell me on Rubicon's alignment.

Wei gave me something that I didn't really agree with. Bears took the question into the air and it landed on her head. Rubicon showed me a post he made that was out of his scumrange and it was a good post, but like...

I'm at slightly above rand on him and nothing he's done since I've replaced in has really moved the needle.

---------- Post automerged at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

You're welcome! I agree, it was pretty big of me.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Rubicon

How would you figure out if me and miner have a chat without lynching one of us?

12. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Not the reaction I was expecting.

I think I kind of like this Rubicon focus from you, even though (because?) we're never lynching him today.

Pay close attention to the incoming Vaimes posts btw, guy is scum and scared of you.

13. Newcomb

[​IMG]

14. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Preeeetty sure Fable and Miner don't have a chat. Also Vaimes is probably not scum. It's not something I'm going to talk about unless Vaimes or Miner are in imminent danger of being lynched though.

Lynching Fable isn't the worst thing we could do but I don't actually think he's a witch.

I like how when I said I thought Beru was a LW signalling I got crickets but the whole thread imploded on itself when she said Fable and Miner have a chat because they both thought the deadline was 4 hours early. I can kind of see where it comes from, but like... if I'm just being stupid with the Beru thing I would hope someone would at least say that?

15. Rubicon

No idea.

16. Newcomb

o/

I either missed your beruru thing or it was before I replaced in. Link?

Have to say, though, I think all the mechanics/trying to figure out how LW/Agents would play this / read "signals" is just.... super distracting and not actually that helpful.

History suggests that the vast differences in valuation people have with unfamiliar roles / mechanics means the propensity to not jump, but jetpack to conclusions is super high.

17. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Well, I'll have to go back to the beginning, I think, because there's a lot of context missing. But briefly:

(1) tom was claiming basically every role in the game with gifs. Then he claimed Little Witch, which isn't a role but an alignment. This led people to believe he was a LW signalling and is one of the reasons he had a wagon for so long on D1 before he got CFD'd.

(2) After the tom wagon dissolved and Citrus / Beru were wagons, basically right before the CFD, Citrus claimed he didn't share a chat with tom.

(3) Beru told dC that Citrus was probably an agent.

(4) Start of D2 Citrus said Beru probably wasn't a LW or Agent because she would have just said he was a Little Witch if she were one or the other, and that meant she was probably just a villager.

I disagreed and after mulling it over for a bit posted this:

I was trying to keep some wine around which one was which at the time but it's probably obvious at this point since I think Beru is scum. Like, she seems independently scummy and this stuff plus the Acio interactions / meta read probably make her a LW.

18. Rubicon

Do you think beruru's recent posts (about Fable being a LW who tried to let the EWs know) fit your theory?

19. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Yes?

The Elders already know if she's a potential LW or not, so if she can push us into thinking it's someone else, why wouldn't she?

20. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I'm a little drunk so not sure it's the best idea to be posting right now. Will be around for EoD unless I pass out or something