1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Current votal:

citrus (1): his fluffiness (#1692)
    jarizok (2): owner (#2361), beruru (#2424)
    kaiDASH (3): rubicon (#1708), citrus (#1952), vaimes (#2009)
    fable (3): mallorean_thug (#2226), dichotomousCreator (#2418), kaiDASH (#2425)
    mallorean_thug (6): miner (#1824), fable (#2073), silvercrys (#2080), newcomb (#2207), weiyaoli (#2258), jarizok (#2450)

---------- Post automerged at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Rude.

Also, the extra witch is you.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The question isn't "would this be a good thing to do as a Little Witch?" it's "is this something a Little Witch actually does in reality?" and "if so, does she do it like this?"

Her progresssion on the theory, over several days, is pretty good.

Could you explain how Miner denying that he has a chat indicates a guilty mindset?

Is scum more likely to immediately refute sharing a QT with someone, and if so why?

---------- Post automerged at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

I actually liked that post in the context of her other interactions/theories about beruru. #2308 was good too: The frustration about people not giving her feedback on her posts feels like a natural town reaction to me.

---------- Post automerged at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

It's interesting that Citrus ignored your theory, Silver, even when you @ mentioned him.

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Instead of entertaining a world where he is agent and therefore town and can be treated as confirmed town, he decides to refute the entire thing in favour of not being knowingly coaligned with anyone.

Scum doesn't want to be pegged as LW. If he's already paranoid about being counterclaimed... he would never claim agent. A counterclaim would give us two defined possible town sets.

There is also a 66% chance (right now) that someone sharing a chat with someone else is scum, compared to 33% chance of town. Within Junior/Elder, it's 50/50. If you share a QT with someone, there's a higher chance that you're scum.

4. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I mean, I think the first two questions are the same thing? If it's a good thing to do as a LW, it's probably something a LW would do?

But the last thing is... I'll have to think about it I guess, she's not getting lynched toDay whatever I say, so I'm fine shelving it for now. It's just. Frustrating.

Re: Citrus not responding, if he is an agent he probably doesn't want to talk about it? Is what I was thinking anyway.

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Ah, is this your first Witchhunt?

You need to trust yourself. Heart of the cards. Intuition. Manstincts.

Use your alignment and the way people reply to you to find the answers you're seeking. Discover who is doing what with who, and use them to construct possible worlds based on your existence.

Also, I've answered the rest of that, now. Is it what you wanted? Does it help? Do you understand?

6. Rubicon

I think you're talking about whether Miner, as a witch, would refute the entire thing. I'm saying that Miner, as town, would also refute the entire thing as well so it is not alignment-indicative.

Going along with the false idea that he's an Agent wouldn't convince the witches, since they know he's not on their list. It would only confuse town.

If Fable is a witch, it would also help him become confirmed town. The real Agents would probably not just sit around and let them get away with lying, either, so...

Why did you ask me this?

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

(The first part of that post was Beruru.)

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I was quoting dC, but I was talking to the entire thread. Everything you post in here, even if it's a conversation between other people, is read by everyone. I just needed him to understand... mostly because I was going to post it eventually. I wasn't going to be cagey about it forever.

Also because dC has played a Dersehunt so therefore he should know my entire, like, schtick in these games. I guess I didn't play for two years, though. I know I've forgotten everything except my "cool games", lol.

8. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Beruru: I mean, it's my first Witch Hunt, but I've played my share of Mafia and the lack of flips thing, which is the biggest deviation from Mafia, makes it /more/ important that every villager is vocal, not less?

And I don't really understand how you can read my posts and think I'm not "Us(ing) (my) alignment and the way people reply to (me) to find the answers (I'm) seeking." That's literally what I've been trying to do with you and you've been stonewalling me until last night or something. :facepalm

I'm like, 80% sure Fable doesn't have a QT with Miner, but it at least gives me some idea of what you're thinking, so. Thanks for that.

9. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Sure, but the point isn't that you were talking to dC, obviously everyone can and did see it and read it. The point is "would you point this out if you were a Little Witch or Agent" and I think the answer to that is "Yes" even though some people were (are?) saying it's "No."

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

3 happened before 2, and was a primary factor for why I posted 2

---------- Post automerged at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Wait no, you skipped a step. Beruru actually said that I must be either LW or Agent. With the final post of the Day I then made that post as Tom was solidified as the lynch

---------- Post automerged at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Yeah I kinda did ignore silver's post in terms of responding. I read through it and actually didn't understand it lol (and still don't really?)

11. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Really? I'd have to go back and look to be sure, but... why did Beru think you were an agent before you posted that? :?
    Beruru

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Uh awkward. So I just realized I thought for a second that agent is the scum-side of the paired chat pairings, causing me to be confused about beruru's timeline (as she didn't call me the scum side of the pairings at D1 end and I thought she said she was by saying she called me an agent), and I'm sorry for the wine I just poured all over the place (but also not sorry because I find it kind of funny)

13. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    The gist is, if you're an Agent and Beru is a LW, she would want to out you because it tells the Elders that she's a LW.

And vice-versa, if you're a LW and she's an Agent, saying you're an agent might make the Elders recruit her because they think it's the first thing.

Basically just, she can still be a LW and therefore isn't clear due to not being a LW and not being aligned with tom.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Wait no I think she called me agent/LW but leaned towards agent? If I weren't on my phone right now I'd check but if someone else doesn't I will when I get a chance

---------- Post automerged at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Ah I see. That actually does make sense, so now I need to think for a bit about it. I'm realizing I may have made some value judgments in general with the entire LW/agent mechanic

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    It would confuse the Junior Witches. Confusing Elders doesn't have to be the point of everything.

There are currently two pairs of witches who share a chat. One pair knows the other pair as well as a decoy pair, but it isn't reciprocated. They are posted as a list of four, of course... but people are always obvious about things.

(Unless, I guess, Newcomb's wine is correct and you are simultaneously a Junior Witch not lying about Tom's alignment. That world exists, I guess. Dude refuses to deal with it himself, though.)

Also, here's another part of my whole, like deal.

I think that the Elders have already figured out who the Agents are.

I've already said that my goal is to race to halftime...

If dudes already know, then there is literally no point in any cagey bullshit! You can't oblit people by alignment. Elders don't know LW/Agent roles. (... except Fable, I guess. Lmao.) What the fuck.

In my magical universe where halftime will never happen, LW/Agent shit doesn't matter because nobody is ever going to join the Coven (unless we kill them first, I guess). The goal of "I don't want this game to make it to halftime" is something that I already posted, and is like... the entire point of everything I've been posting.

Citrus

I called you agent, dude. This game is making me sad.

---------- Post automerged at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

I've been "the spirit of wine itself" since 2010, thanks to Sotek. Where a bear goes, wine will follow. Lash all the wine kegs together to make a raft. Etc.

---------- Post automerged at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

I can't believe that I'm the fifth top poster in the thread now and the only people with me are Rubi and a bunch of wolves.

---------- Post automerged at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Wait, dC is here too. How could I forget long name guy. Hi.

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Rubicon

Because you said you didn't want to lynch me before you could figure out if me and miner had a chat and that seemed impossible to me.

17. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    What really happened, with quotes:

Votal here is:

Beruru [6]: Miner, Jari, Fable, Wei, Rubicon, Fluff,.

Fable [5]: Acio, Citrus, Beruru, Fable, Vaimes.
    Citrus [3]: DC, Dyachei, Kai.

Jari [1]: Cobalt.
    Vaimes [1]: Owner.

Not Voting [1]: Jwlk.

She never said "He's an agent" explicitly, but she was hard town reading Citrus the whole time, so....

Citrus claim is a bit after this immediately before Day End:
    Yeah, I got the order mixed up, and apparently she thought that just because of the way Citrus was playing on D1? Hrm.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote Mal_Thug

19. Delphine

Delphine First Year

[​IMG]

[Can someone filler real quick to bump the vote count to regardless-of-posts-per-page-pagetop?]

20. Rubicon

No, I said I didn't want to lynch you until you answered one way or the other about whether you do. Leaving that ambiguous would be dangerous later.