1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

HF, explain yourself.

---------- Post automerged at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------
    owner, what is your read on Mal?

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Mal has not been as active as I would expect from town him, and the Citrus wagon is obviously not happening.

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Oh well we don't.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hmm. I can see a some merit to KaiDASH theory that scum are happy with how the day went and it implies a town!mallorean, because it seems like every wagon (including the one on me) was kinda-sorta full of hot air. On the other hand, Mallorean has tanked in consensus reads over the course of the last few IRL days, which can also explain the collapse-consolidation.

That said, it appears it was mainly my wagon that collapsed onto Mallorean? Surfing through votals brb

---------- Post automerged at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Are your top two scum-reads me and Mallorean right now? A little confused why you even had your vote on me in the first place

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:

We?

7. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I townread nearly everyone on the Mal wagon.

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I townread literally everyone on the Mal wagon.

And on that bombshell, Ima sleep.

Try not to CFD someone again please guys.

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

The other problem I have with kai's interpretation of the day being too consensus-y (apart from the reason being obvious scum everyone is probably bussing) is that from my point of view there was actually a lot of "resistance" to a mal/acio lynch.

The replacement thing happened sure and mal slid down everyone's readlist all of a sudden. But a lot of people were saying stuff like they didn't want to lynch a replacement or something, or preferred Citrus/kai/Vaimes etc... Felt to me like it was leaving the possibility of not needing to bus mal open as long as he came up with some content.

---------- Post automerged at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Also the way Fable's wagon has diffused itself twice in two days is ???

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote, vote mal

---

Newcomb, it's a mix of "Rubicon isn't a robot" and how he revealed tom's flip. Dude went from hard-defending the wagon to "oh, I was wrong, these are my reads now" and it didn't feel unnatural.

I'm offended Jarizok thinks I could ever fear 25% of you. It'd take at least 30%.

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Mal is at soft.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Marshmallows tend to be soft.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Looking forward to Mallorean's next post

KaiDASH [4]: Rubicon, Citrus, Vaimes, Beruru.
    Citrus [4]: dC, his fluffiness, KaiDASH, Beruru.

Taken at different times, these were the max wagons that weren't Mallorean's toDay.

His fluffiness is really the only one that shifted off either of these onto Mallorean, so I guess it wasn't collapse-consolidation.
    dichotomaceouscreator Why did you have your vote on Fable rather than me for pretty much all of toDay? Pretty sure you said multiple times you wanted me dead the most and justified your vote elsewhere because you didn't think it was going to happen toDay, but reviewing the vote-counts makes Fable look even more untenable in hindsight?

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Currently yes.

Can you guess who my third major scumread is?

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Who is this dic
    dichotomousCreator

---------- Post automerged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

If it isn't Vaimes, I honestly can't remember/guess

---------- Post automerged at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Huh. Wishing I looked at the CFD before now, I totally remember it being Fluffiness -> dC, but it turns out it was more fluffiness floated the idea, dC kinda bit but wasn't sure if it'd fly, then they kinda initiated it together.

Sooooo dC's very unlikely to be an EW with Tom either. Cool

If I'm stopping early with not finding a way to rule out LW dC now and dead chat/obs chat has been face-palming at me for days, I do apologize

16. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

The longer bears continues to post stuff along these lines while simultaneously refusing to answer my questions, the less possible I think it is that she's genuinely misunderstanding me.

Probably not going to be home until after deadline, so have some quick off the cuff hits -

Wei is my top town. He seems like he's genuinely trying to figure out the game.

dC's self-deprecation reminds me of the way he acted in his QT in the RWBY game and I think that's a really fine tightrope for a witch to walk if he were going that way. I think I'd have seen the fakeness of it if it were fake, but small sample size etc.

Vaimes is super low impact in the time I've been here but he's been feisty enough, I suppose. I need to see him thinking about the game to really make an assessment.

Silver's disgruntlement about no one taking his beruru thing seriously is genuine enough. Have no idea what to make of the case itself since the whole LW/Agent interaction/signaling/mechanics thing is just boring as fuck to me, and I still believe people's wildly differing valuation makes that kind of speculation pretty bleh. No real desire to lynch.

Rubicon, ehhhh. I guess I'm not going to get a solid answer. Was hoping Vaimes would take me up on it and actually dive in, would have been a two birds with one stone thing /probably/. The lightest of towns but it's mainly for tone and that's pretty iffy.

Fable lacks an agenda, I think. He'd maybe be driving more as mafia. Could be getting leveled. Revisit.

Miner, eh. No real read. Hasn't done much since I've been here. Asking a bunch of questions, kind of shallow? Just on the border of "would shruglynch"

Citrus I have zero feel for. One of his posts reminded me of some game of his, but I just can't be assed to track it down at the moment.

Owner I have zero feel for. She was way more moonlogik-y in the last game where she was a witch, but it came through in her weird attempts to be playful which felt fake and flat. She's nowhere near the solidness of her first game here, though. Complete null.

Bears is either in danger of going Full MathBlade or is just spewing smoke as a witch. Thought she was hella witchy at first, then thought her Fable/Miner thing was an odd angle for a witch to take, now coming back around on her just being mafia given the giant whiffs she's continually taking at the heart of my Rubicon issue; at this point I feel like worlds where she's genuinely not getting it are kind of hard to imagine? I'd like to talk this one out at some point, but I'd probably be fine with someone Vigging her and not having to deal with it.

Mal is approaching "is throwing if town" engagement/activity levels, though that's only since I've been here and maybe unfair. He's just, flat.

Jarizok's "psst Newcomb Vaimes is mafia don't believe anything he's saying" is maybe the scummiest thing I've read in the last 6 months of games I've played so at this point it's a TWTBAW or No, Wait, Actually Just A Wolf.

KaiDASH is, ehhh. Punt. Don't really want to lynch; I liked a few of the first posts I read of his though I forget why now, I think tone? I liked the way he took apart beruru's Fable signaling thing. I don't so much townread Kai as I don't really want to lynch him toDay.

Is that everyone? I feel like I'm missing someone.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Also dumb, just realized dC DID have his vote on me for a significant amount of time toDay, and then moved over to Fable

---------- Post automerged at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------
    mallorean_thug, your one and only ping

18. Newcomb

Oh, fluff.

Here's my Fluff read:

[​IMG]

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    So here's a giant ass list.

I found all my games on CPI and FS. It's a shame I can't link any of the actual good Dersehunts... CPI came around at the same time as me deciding to only play WH (which was the first step of me... taking a break, now, I guess. Lol.)

(This is where Caphriel tells me to tell you not to tell anyone about the FS Archive because S**lin keeps deleting it.)

Reading the endgame is fine, by the way. You don't have to read the entire thread. A lot of these games are after I stopped caring - the better games are the older ones, actually.

Scum games -
    Town games -
    3P games -
    In before I die overNight and this list is useless.

You guys have to understand me, I think. I think understanding me is important... Not like, what I'm saying, but how I play. I'm old and already drunk on wine before the game begins, mostly because I used to play with the same people over and over and over for six years.

Damn, this is seriously meme-ory lane, though. I forgot that I was the actual priest in the eido meme game, and that I actually won a ton of games as scum for a second in late 2014/early 2015, and that Songfia was a thing, and that postgames used to go on for hundreds of posts as people tried to figure out the mechanically best and fastest ways to win. Nostalgic berutime.

Newcomb - I know you are going Full Prime and not backreading shit, but I think it would be super helpful for you to read/skim my ISO.

20. Newcomb

[​IMG]