1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I guess she could be LW, I think maybe I've been making a mistake by not treating this game like it's multiball.

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Oh.

Yeah, no. That's actually bad. Never mind...

3. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Ok, I can't time zones and I'm still at work until deadline. This will be my last post I guess. Sucks to suck.

Claim: not claiming.

Last will: Please lynch Fable and Jarizok. Those are my only strong scum reads. I still never fully caught up :(

I think I'd still sheep Acio's scum read on dC, but I have no real feelings either way.

And then when I was making my read wall, Owner just naturally fell into the bottom 5. She probably makes the most sense in the most teams, both teams that are doing poorly because dispite getting the lynch on me, they aren't in the towncircle AND teams that are belching in well.

Spiritualist should consider checking my card Day4 if the gravedude lies about it or doesn't show up. Probanly not before that though to keep it as a threat against gravedude claiming later to avoid narrowing the holy PoE.

Sorry again guys, I guess i still need to avoid playing if games are going to be this active.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Berureads time.

Beruru
    Rubicon
    Vaimes
    dichotomousCreator
    his fluffiness
    Fable
    Silver
    Miner
    Wei
    Owner
    KaiDASH
    Citrus
    Mal
    Newcomb
    Jarizok

Mal is simultaneously hella scummy but his lynch is bad, like, vote distribution wise.

I mean... it's possible for Juniors to accidentally bus Coven and they do do that all the time, but intentionally... well, they do take over Coven when the entire Coven is gone, and that is a viable strat. No need for Coven to decide whether or not to pick Agents when JWs just join automatically, after all.

I think one of my problems is that it's day two, but because of the longest day ever, it feels like we're a lot later in the game than we actually are... I think someone actually posted at me about this earlier. Silver?

Like, I've had soooo much time to try to piece shit together using what's in the thread, but there is like... no mechanical knowledge? I don't have anyone else to work with on this shit, so all of it has to go in the thread, and then nobody actually wants to help me work through my things.

5. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Quick town thoughts:

Nah, Vaimes is still town guys.

Kai is also almost certainly town.

Bears feels like town bears. But I might be biased because of how today went down.

Citrus could go either way honestly. But guy says town.

Newcomb, idk. I feel like I'm blinded by today's situation.

Oh, also, if you guys do get my flip, please don't make angel plans that rely on me being around. I'm probably not going to be around and just leave that to dya.

---------- Post automerged at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

(Ducking autocorrect. Gut, not guy)

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    If you're actually going to be an angel, you should at least pop in sometimes. Deadchat is half the battle.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Beruru
    You have mallorean and jarizok down super low, but jarizok is on Mallorean and Mallorean has jarizok as one of her top two scumreads. Thoughts?

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think I'm buying that. It's a combination of pure gut, the feeling that witch!Mal either shuts up or goes with with more blatant wine/agenda, and the snip on me -

Hard to articulate 100% but as a witch he'd have to, hm. I don't think he could resist taking a shot at me? Since man if he actually is a witch here I must be frustrating as /fuck/ to him. Whereas as town he's kind of taking the high road and not getting a dig in.

Vote: Jarizok

Not the worst thing in the world if we kill Mal here but I think I actually want Jarizok dead more.

Can people look at that thing he said about Vaimes to me? It seems stark from my point of view.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

mallorean_thug
    Why is kai almost certainly town? I have him very low on my reads so insight appreciated

10. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Uh, because I didn't? I voted Miner at daystart, then you, then Fable after Beru's thing.

Rescinded :V

...okay, hmm.
    Beruru --- Thoughts on Newcomb moving onto Jarizok?

Jarizok voters: Thoughts on Jarizok's case on me?

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I didn't think it was particularly stark. More tongue-in-cheek imo

I kinda buy the posts, but I also tend to have trouble with doing so when players craft their final posts to appear as town accepting going down. Ex: I hard bought Tom's final posts of D1

I feel pretty good about Jarizok though due to his aggression throughout the game thus far. You'd have a hard time convincing me to pile onto him, if you'd like to try now?

Or can I interest you in a kai lynch?

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Distancing and bussing are both things that exist.

If you were scum and were knowingly coaligned with a scummy slot that had had a replace in and the replacement hardly posted, would you decide to save them?

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Eh, I'd lynch Mal over Kai.

It had an element of tongue-in-cheek to it, yes, but really roll it around in your head and see if you can get to a place where that's a thing you say about/to two people you don't already know the alignments of.

Can't speak to his aggression early in the game, obviously. From mPoV he's coasting hard.

---------- Post automerged at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Kind of just want to shotgun through bears/Mal/Jarizok tbh. Feel like that has a pretty good shot of hitting 2.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

So you would call it distancing/bussing from both of them to each other?

---------- Post automerged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------
    Newcomb
    Feel free to also comment on the mallorean/jarizok dichotomy, since you have a similar view to Beruru right now

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Also feels like distancing. Dude's posts got stronger after I posted that I thought Jari/Newcomb were partners. Lynching Jari is good, though. Let's do that.

Re: Jari's post: You're town, so I basically slept through that post... maybe I should, like, reread it? Maybe?

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Like we have A scumreading B, B scumreading A, and a wagon on A. You're saying you'd rather us...move to B? Doesn't that drip not being w/w wagons? Or what do you think?

---------- Post automerged at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------
    Beruru. You're claiming that your top 3 scumreads are all spending their time hard-distancing from each other. Like what.

And then your next 2 scumreads (me and Kai) are ALSO scum-reading each other.

Like can you talk me through your scumreads? Why is Owner above all of us but below everyone else in the game?

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Beru you never responded to this

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Nyah was going to do irl things, but I guess I can delay doing things for the last hour of Day, unless thread proceeds to just completely die

19. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Please do, I would like your thoughts on it specifically.

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

People I townread:

Jarizok
    His Fluffiness
    Miner
    Vaimes
    Beruru
    Silvercrys (r. jwlk)
    Cobalt/Newcomb
    Wei (weakest read)

In this group, 2 little witches and 2 elder witches:

Citrus
    Fable
    dichotomousCreator
    Owner
    Acionyx/Mal
    KaiDASH

In roughly the order of my preference, so Kai is favorite lynch, Mal is second best (and most consensus).

There is zero chance I ever vote jarizok.