1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I mean, her entire handling of the Acio slot is confusing at best.

On D1 she said something to the effect of "Oh, Acio is town because scum!Acio doesn't post and replaces out."

Her recent posts kiiiind of make me not want to string her up, though? *fence sits*.

Speaking of... Beruru: I guess I could iso, like, Jarizok, but he's not really done anything I'd town read him independently for in his last 50 posts other than his decent-but-probably-wrong Vaimes progression.

If you really, really want I could do it anyway, but the iso's probably going to come out as a null read because the stuff he did that I'm townreading him for mostly happened on D1, I think.

I could iso owner's most recent 50 posts, but I won't be held responsible for what happens after and I won't be discussing the iso with owner. She's free to rebut/refute it, of course, and talk to me about other things, but I'm not getting involved in a shouting match/flame war over my opinion in a guessing game. That's one of the reasons I'm not doing them anymore.

And I don't mean that as a dig at owner, it's just. That's what usually happens when I iso people I think are scum and I'm not dealing with it this game.

-------------
    Jarizok: could I get a current reads list? Thanks.

2. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Lurker is someone who is not around. Not impactful doesn't not equal lurker. People ignore me all the time; it doesn't mean I'm a lurker everyone of those times. Sometimes, I can be the top poster.

It was not forced in the slightest. But you wouldn't know that cause you don't read me well and you don't understand me.

---------- Post automerged at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

*Owner looks for reasons*. Are you sheeping everyone else or could you give me something unique to look at that proves that you are paying attention?

---------- Post automerged at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

What would make mal a LW? Or why specifically LW over EW?

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I don't think I called mal a LW over a EW?

4. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    You clearly called mal LW in the world that Beru is town.

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Uh no?

"A is true if B" does not mean "B is true if A"

Like I'm confused why you're being randomly pedantic about this.

---------- Post automerged at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Like I just feel you didn't read all of my post and asked a question that doesn't make any sense to me.

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Ask Sotek.

What I have to be smug about is you wasting my time with 5000 posts about Rubi when dude shows up dead by oblit.

Please go answer your question, btw. I wanna know.

-

This is the thing I was thinking about, owner.

Also, that wasn't an insult. It's mostly the truth fmpov. You weren't around for much of D2. I think... you have a lot of interactions with specific people, but not a distributed amount of interactions. You know?

By the way, if you think your full thoughts are too confusing for other people to handle... you really do need to read some of my games. Lmao. I think we're in the same boat, there...

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

(Sorry about using "like" twice in a row like that by the way. It annoys me when I notice it)

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    You missed the "and give reasons" part, I think.

I know you don't like to... but it would be useful. Even a single sentence per player?

---------- Post automerged at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Congratulations! You explained the reasons why I want you to answer my question without answering my question.

You should answer my question.

By the way, you don't need to discuss the ISO you make with Owner. You're double non-mechanically clear now, right? The rest of the thread should always back you up, right?

Also.... please be more ruthless. You have to fight people to win. That's like, the point.

9. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Uh. How do you figure that, exactly? Just because no one's voted me still? I don't really see how that clears me and I doubt the thread's going to back me up since if they actually cared about my opinion they'd leave Miner and Vaimes alone.

I have excised the ruthless portions of my personality. Or maybe I'm just too nice, one or the other.

I'll do the owner iso at least. Later though, I have to play real life for a while.

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I think they should leave Miner and Vaimes alone, too. Owner isn't the entire thread. Lol.

Derpclear + voteclear, yeah.

The more you have a tough time understanding this, the more ThinkingFaceEmoji I get, though.

11. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Jarizok:

So as mentioned before, the plan is to see if he was coasting D2, as well as re-evaluate his cases on tom.

In terms of pure post 'volume' there's a clear fall off from D1 -> D2, but that's not quite fair since D1 was super long (page/posts wise) from everyone, so I'd expect a bit of burnout.

I've also noticed the half snark-y tone thing that I was town reading D1. It's evident in posts like:

The start of D2 reads similarly to the start of D1 to be honest. Really dislike questions like the one he asked Silver, but I get a sense that's probably due to playstyle differences or something like that since apparently nobody else agreed with me D1 about this.

RE: the derp clear thing about EWs knowing Agents/LW (#1724) Rubicon took for his lock-town read on Jari, eh maybe? I don't really know Jarizok well enough to know if that's faked. It reads a bit self conscious about it - personally I don't think the first part was necessary to talk about after the fact.

It's somewhat noteworthy he decided to do another ISO of tom, but I think it makes sense as town, as we'd recently gotten a tom scum flip so going through for spew etc... is good. Though the conclusion about dC is somewhat ?? The whole post where he's stringing up dC ends with noticing dC (co)-started the tom CFD is pretty funny to see.

The conclusion he's drawing isn't bad, I can follow the thought process, though personally I'm not sure how much to read into tom spew and how useful that is since I get the impression tom has like a "chaos" style.

There is a constant lack of awareness of possibilities of LW!Beru or LW!dC in that post too. I guess that bugs me a little especially after the derp thing earlier.

Also the coasting thing is definitely real. Hmm I think mal being town would make me feel a lot worse about Jari and better about Kai. Just in terms of how the last day played out where scum would have then been pretty happy about the direction of the day about half way in (when mal replaced in), and kai would be more "pure" about his play EoD2.

His thread presence is kinda just limited to the snarky pop-ins mostly. Like the exchange with Cobalt where they talk about dyachei. I like the tone of his remaining posts in D2, but it's definitely a thing that he didn't do things like the tom ISOs he did towards the end of D1.

I think he probably goes back into [lean-town] towards the lower end. I still like the tone of his posts. It kinda feels like he fell into the habit of asking people to follow him onto (insert Vaimes, dC etc... wagons) though. Someone to keep an eye on still today I guess, but still someone I'd put in the town side of null.

Time to re-read his tom cases in more detail to see if that changes my mind either way.

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    You have, like.... over a hundred games.

I'm not going to go searching, but.

... :sherlock:

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

It's kinda WIFOM, but I feel EW!Jari doesn't do this whole thing D1 where he keeps popping in with a tom town-read (like his comment to my readwall about "reads getting better, but tom is still town" or something like that). And then when asked to do a case on why tom is town says as a conclusion:

and hedges a little.

What was your case about handshaking wrt Jari again Beru?

As for his case itself I disagree with a couple of his points (e.g. tom bringing up dC/me constantly being town-y), but since that was D1/pre-tom flip, it's not really worth bringing up to argue over now.

Onto his D2 re-read of tom for spew.

14. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    This sounds a little less full of yourself, which is better. Belittling is huge pet peeve of mine, so when you said that I felt you crossed a line. But you also had no way of knowing that.

*Owner looks around in the boat; oh look, "There's beruru in here too. I didn't see you there."* :D

---------- Post automerged at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

I am practically the entire conversation since the end of the day yesterday though.

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Current Votal... hasn't really changed.

vaimes (2): miner (#2789), fable (#2798)
    owner (3): citrus (#2759), silvercrys (#2791), vaimes (#2855)

Abstaining (8): beruru (#2756), newcomb (#2756), dichotomousCreator (#2756), his fluffiness (#2756), jarizok (#2756), kaiDASH (#2756), weiyaoli (#2756), owner (#2914)

7/10.

-

Some popcorn.gif shit better happen in the next three and a half hours. I'm tired of waiting.

... Also, I would like it if people answered their questions before any weird shit happens.

16. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Lol, you want something to happen, but you want questions to be answer before any weirdness. Maybe, you should make up your mind what you really want right now.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Ok, went through his two posts on tom D2 again. I kinda feel a lot of specific points (except maybe the miner read) feel like there's a lot of confirmation bias going on.

His dC case I can maybe see some of it from his PoV? The strongest evidence for dC <-> tom being partners is probably the lack of a colour on dC in that one vote count analysis thing tom did.

Also makes me feel a bit paranoid about that one exchange dC and tom had about my stances on dC. But thinking on it a bit further, it doesn't really make sense as scum theatre (i.e. dC <-> tom both being EW), because I don't really see what that achieved other than make me town-read someone I was town-reading already and scum read tom even more.

In terms of whoever to give credit for the CFD to (i.e. dC or fluff) also, I kinda feel it's maybe the most relevant thing that happened D1 though regarding the tom/dC interaction to easily throw aside.

So yeah, don't see the dC - tom EW thing.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    People posting about you isn't you.

19. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
  20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    .... ?

No, that post is correct.