1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Philly Homer, May 3, 2009.

1. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Are we forgetting season 5, episode 7.

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This guy knows what's up.

3. ScottPress

High Score:
    One thing I remembered.

Why hasn't Jon sent a raven to the Wall to tell Edd to BLOCK THE FUCKING TUNNEL. LIKE I GET IT, BRAN NEEDED TO GET THROUGH BUT THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING PACK THAT SHIT FULL OF ICE.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It is my understanding that the Wall is a magical as well as physical barrier with respect to the Others.

5. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

It definitely is. Similar to how, for a while at least, the spooky skeletons couldn't get to where Bran was having his flashback/training montage. I think the physical structure is mostly just to deal with things like Wildlings and Giants, while giving a tactical advantage against the Others. Pure speculation but I don't think they'd even be capable of walking through an open gate. That's why the idea of the Horn of Winter bringing down the wall is important, because otherwise it seems like the magic there can't be penetrated.

6. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

You must be dickless too.

7. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

You know I just realized something. Since everyone has been blinking/teleporting instantly around the map to meet up with people and do stuff, it'll probably take John to arrive Dragonstone 3-4 episodes at least.

8. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    Pretty sure the teaser for the next episode showed the meeting.

9. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

I really liked episode 2, does anyone else think that after what happened with Nymeria, Arya is going to head back south?

10. Nazgoose

High Score:
    Hadn't occurred. Why do you think that might happen?

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

They're speeding things up for the sake of the fact that they have very few episodes left, and I'm OK with that. This episode didn't feel like it covered enough ground and that's with them largely skipping by the battle for Casterly Rock and the battle for Highgarden. That's really telling, but it's just because they have to bring so many loose threads together and it's frustrating to see it happen slowly.

12. Inert

Inert Headmaster

The lack of visible battle is frustrating AF. Like, I understand why. But to tell us two battles happened and not show much of them at all is getting old.

The Jon/Dany meeting was about what I had expected. Tyrion was back to being somewhat enjoyable in his scenes with Jon.

Cersei's revenge was the highlight of the episode for me, with Olenna's coming in second. Next episode actually looks like it may be somewhat intriguing.

13. ScottPress

High Score:
    Finally, a satisfying episode in this season.

I like that Jon didn't take shit from Dany. And boy but it had me eyerolling when she had all her "titles" recited and Jon was just like "I'm Jon Snow". What was it Tywin said once? A king who has to tell everyone he's king is no true king at all. I would be very okay with Dany turning villain. I would also be okay with her pulling her head out of her ass. There were glimpses of a more likeable Dany, when she talked about her faith in herself and in her last scene with Jon. Tyrion finally had some enjoyable banter.

I can't be the only one who noticed the parallel between Littlefinger telling Sansa to play 4D chess and then Bran telling her he can. I mean, it was plainly obvious.

Ser Friendzone is back!

I have no problem with skipping the battles. If there is going to be a big battle episode this season, I'd rather they throw the budget at something more interesting than two castle sieges (something we've already seen on GoT).

Three out of seven episodes of the season have aired. My prediction is the season will end with Night King arriving at the Wall and destroying it with some magic voodoo and S8 will be the war against White Walkers and whoever's left will take the Iron Throne in series finale. I'm not sure if the Cersei situation will be resolved this season, but I sure would like that. I imagine a falling out between her and Jamie when he tells her Olenna killed Joffrey and she will still insist it was Tyrion.

We got a tiny glimpse of Bronn. I hope for his reunion with Tyrion at some point. Last observation, the Lannister army gave me a strong Roman legion vibe in that wide shot from Highgarden.

I ship Jon/Dany. Make it happen plz.

EDIT: Saw the trailer for E4. Dany is losing, apparently, which is some bullshit because what did she send all of the Unsullied to the Rock? Euron is just gonna steamroll an elite legion? Plus she still has her half-naked rape-happy cavalry. Arya will arrive at Winterfell. Bronn and Jamie were in some desert-like place, which must be Dorne because I can't see a reason for them to go to Essos. Then again, neither do I see a reason for them to go to Dorne, both it and Tyrells are pretty much done.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  14. falsehaven

falsehaven Squib

Euron's teleporting magic navy of DOOM is really annoying me. It feels like Cersei has everything go well for her just so the show has a big villain. I just get no sense of time in the later seasons. When where they attacking casterly rock, while Dany and jon where talking before, after? I have no idea.

15. Nazgoose

High Score:
    Overall liked the episode, especially Tyrion's battle narration and Jamie's scenes at Highgarden. However, I do feel that there's too much going Cersei's way, specifically with Euron's navy. I think it's a safe assumption that the Unsullied and the Greyjoys left at roughly the same time, yet somehow Euron was able to ambush the Greyjoys, return to King's Landing to parade his prisoners, and make it in time to destroy the Unsullied's ships before they finish taking a poorly defended Casterly Rock when they had a way to bypass the walls?

Seems like a bit much.

16. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Dany's insistence that she was born to rule Westeros and the list of all of her titles reminds me a lot of Joffrey.

Really hoping Jon hops onto a dragon next week. At some point they are gonna have to find out Jon is a Targ.

17. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I liked the episode don't get me wrong, Olenna throwing shade with her last moments was fantastic but am I the only one getting sick of Daenrys? For someone who grew up the way she did, her arrogance is just breathtaking. She keep rambling about how the Iron Throne is hers by right and everyone should bend the knee but what is her right? All she can claim is that she's the daughter of a fucking lunatic. I can't stand Cersei but I honestly hope she kills at least one of her dragons with that super crossbow just to knock her down a peg or two.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I loved that Olenna got in that final "Haha fuck you" moment, even with her imminent death looming.

Best char in Thrones hands down.

19. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Meeting between Jon and Dany went mostly as expected, but didn't disappoint. As usually Davos straight to the point approach wins with his "This is Jon Snow". A nice surprise was Tyrion finally being Tyrion. All it did take was for him to realize he will never brood as well as Jon does. ;)

20. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That is the only real right - inheritance. Even Robert claimed the throne on he basis of Targaryen blood, flimsy though his claim was.