1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Philly Homer, May 3, 2009.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Lol. Yeah no. I understand your desperation to defend a character you like but come on. There's reaching and then there's this.

Sansa owes fuckall to Arya. Arya -presumably- is being led by the nose by someone who has had people much better than her try and do what she tried to do and she's too cocky by being able to stick a blade into someone to see it. She thinks her very unique skillset (murder) translates extremely well in every aspect of life.

It does not.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The last time Arya and Sansa were together, Sansa had given up their father to Cersei because she wanted to be married to Joffrey. Prior to that, Sansa had prioritized her desires to be Queen over her loyalty to her family and the truth which led to Lady's death. Arya's combative stance with Sansa makes sense, since she wasn't present for all of Sansa's character development and maturing over the last six seasons. Sansa is playing politics and Arya is left with what she knows about her sister to judge her by. Their interactions are colored by the context of their relationship.

Arya is basically a murderhobo now though, that's true.

3. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Do people still blame Sansa for Lady's death and not Ned? Because he was totally responsible. Having her stand up in front of everyone and asking her to either seriously piss off her future husband - and future king - or her sister was really fucking dumb. He only made the tiniest effort to control that situation when he almost certainly could have just spoken to Robert in private about everything. And again with betraying Ned to Cersei, Ned explained literally nothing about the situation, just suddenly told his daughter that she wasn't going to marry the future king and to deal with it, before leaving her alone when she could obviously be manipulated because he raised her sheltered as fuck. People act like she asked Cersei to have him murdered or had any idea that they were even in serious danger (again because of Ned) and it's kind of weird.

I don't even like Sansa all that much, especially show!Sansa, but she gets some bizarrely misplaced criticism. If you want to hate her for something, keeping quiet about the fact that she had access to an entire army in the Vale (when she had countless opportunities to bring it up) while half the North got slaughtered against Ramsay seems like a more reasonable point to argue.

4. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Most of the fans don't blame her that much anymore, which is why I emphasized that from Arya's point of view, those are the last things she remembers happening. Ned was stuck with the Lady issue because Cersei pressed it, and Ned had no obligation to explain to his young daughters why everything was going to hell. In the books, Sansa is eleven years old. Even in the show, she's in her early teens during season one. Her appreciation for and understanding of politics was nearly zero back then.

5. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I don't quite recall, how much does Arya know about Sansa's involvement in Ned's capture/death? Was it discussed?

Not that it affects my point that Arya is literally being the smelliest shit at the face of 50% of her only surviving family, but I'm curious.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So I just stumbled onto this gallery that recounts the latest episode (meaning spoilers), and I'm p sure some my sides are broken now.

My personal favorite part:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And honorary mention:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. bonnerr2

bonnerr2 Second Year

Well guys, apparently Episode 6 has leaked and it's the most glorious 70 minutes of television ever created. Allegedly.

7. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh shush. Everyone here has read the leaks and know what happens. I'mma still wait until Sunday.

Edit: Though if it's an Indian again HBO really need to have a sit down and think whodunnit.

8. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Shit, I'm staying away from all of the leaks and spoilers. I wait all week for Sunday night.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I needs it. I needs it bad.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Never mind. I have it. thank you r/freefolk

10. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

Sound Quality is so shit in this one. Can't help it though. :|

Edit: And HBO Spain this time round. Seems like no one can handle the hots for too long.

11. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I've already been ruined while trying to find the leaked episode. T.T

12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Have not read the leaks so please don't assume we all have.

Am not expecting the next to be particularly great because White Walker stuff bores me.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    That's the screencapture torrent from dailymotion. The mega flv file is the HD one with the good audio. I have the mega flv file. If anyone wants it, pm me with your google drive email and I will share it to you.

Despite WWs.... Episode 6 was pretty fucking great. Get hyped.

So Dragon. Much Northbros. Wow.

Jesus Dany just bone Jon already and get it over with. ffs. They could have had boat sex right there and I actually would have been okay with a speedy relationship development.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  14. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

He can't help it, he's a raven lunatic.

Yeah, crows guard The Wall. Ravens are birds.

But Gilly pronounced it "Ragger." That, on top of Sam barely paying attention because he was at the end of his rope, could explain him missing it.

The subtitles specifically said "Ragger" in quotation marks, to make a point of her mispronouncing the name.

He should just be happy he's not working for scale anymore.

All of his scenes are short. :sherlock:

I predict he retires at the end and opens a tavern called "Mother of Flagons."

Dany's got the hungry eyes every time she looks at Jon, now.

"Okay, Jon Snow, new plan: You still bend the knee, but I'm going to be on mine directly in front of you..."

15. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

Even though I knew it was coming, seeing those beasts beyond the wall wasn't any less ....exhilarating. All the talk about Dany's death, and now all too apparent Dany/Jon relation, I just hope she isn't taken from Jon Snuu after making them an item. It would be kind of heart wrenching. D:

I liked it a lot though. Also, I was watching the Mega file and the soundtrack was totally flat.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Mine is good. About the same quality as mobile HBO app. Try watching it with headphones.

17. Henry Persico

Henry Persico Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I liked it a lot. Thanks for the fan service.

A question

Now that Danny has seen the Night's King and they have evidence to prove the existence of the Army of the Dead, the last episode will be the Battle against the WW and the next season the battle for the Iron Throne? What do you suppose?

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I don't think even the preparations for the final battle can fit in a single episode. I think the last season will be about the War. The last episode of this season will be Cersei.

Speaking of this episode, I really want someone to look me in the (metaphorical) eye and -with a straight face- tell me Arya is not a fucking lunatic. Go on. I'll wait.

Thinking that Sansa needs threats against her life to not betray Jon. LOL. Talk to me more about family loyalty, please.

19. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Arya is not a lunatic the best thing that could happen is that Little Finger and Sansa get impaled together. I think that there really needs to be another season to wrap things up better.

20. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Thank you for cementing my point.