1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

@Beruru could you please tell me in depth why you think this:

You were going on for a good while that fluff was a kind of "shrug" lynch for you most of d1.
    When did you get an actual townread on him and why?

Plus how do you have that read on fluff and that read on delphine :

Please explain some thoughts and the difference between the two when you get home.

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I agree with the rubicon and asmo reads, which is why I'm fine with them.

But I disagree with beru and delph, which I why I want some actual explanation. Is that so hard to understand?

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Idk about anyone else, but I'm "getting on Beru" because of how she said she could see how Jari was town but wanted to lynch him anyway "for info", with a specific lynch she'd like for either of his flips. If that isn't hedging, I don't know what is.

Also because of what she opened this phase with.
    and because I want to see her actually respond

Got any thoughts you'd like to share in light of Jari's flip/ EoD / phase so far?

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

@his fluffiness - some quick top 3 town and top 3 scum with reasons please.

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Town:
    Asmo: Has been active, has pressured people, just see him as town tbh.
    Rubi: Pretty active,mostly agree with reads.
    Jan: Pretty active, mostly agree with reads.

Scum:
    Fable: makes these outrageous reads that he refuses to elaborate on, then acts as if he has. Not really pressuring people.
    Beru: her EoD was trash, still don't like her reaction to the kills and the fact that she has not re-evaluated her reads after two scumreads of hers flipped town.
    Delphine: Inactive, my other scumreads defending her so hard feels icky

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    That feel when people consistently misrepresent you...

I was trying to work out the "if Fonti is a witch, who are her partners and why?", not literally scumreading everyone. I never got to Fluff because I had to go to bed, but I have been pretty consistently townreading the dude. 24 hours isn't enough time for me to look at more than surface level reads (this was only from Fonti's side of iso, I didn't look at anyone else) so I couldn't narrow it down more, and I'm kind of grateful I didn't because that would have been a lot of wasted time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fluff actually *posting* like a regular player after that close call is giving me hella tinfoil, tbh.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm *posting* because now that I'm settled into college, I actually can give the game some attention.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm *posting* because now that I'm settled into college, I actually can give the game some attention.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Whoops. Dunno how that happened.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Yes, but, like.

.... You literally never do this.

It's like, holy shit, Fluff is actually making posts?

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yes? You're either fine with my reads or you're not since I've made them all and elaborated on all of them the same way.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Amazing how GH has disappeared completely and that delphine read makes no fucking sense. She wasn't exactly top poster in WH8 either so volume reading her seems terrible.

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 2.1

Beru [4] - Jan, Fluff, Asmo, Miner.
    Fluff [1] - Fable.

Not Voting [4] - Beru, Delphine, GH, Rubicon

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to soft-lynch and seven votes to hard-lynch!

Day Two ends on September 18 at 3pm PST.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

He asked for top 3 scum, not top 4 scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, I said that both you and beruru defending her makes her likely partners with either of you. Learn to read?

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Looked for "fluff" in bears iso. Those are the parts that are as close to having a read on him :
    First post is a reply to this :
    I would not call that a townread on fluff, maybe you got it later!

Similar, but the initial question wasn't about fluff. But this is not how you read someone that you have a townread on. Maybe later!

Again, hedging. Giving both possibilities in regards to fluff.
    Basically implying that his meta is the same as either alignment.

I don't think that is how you treat a townread either.

And then in your readwall he is just town.

Please give me the moment when you thought fluff is town and a reason for it. I don't buy "consistently townreading" at all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    When did Bears defend Delphine that hard?

Fable, sure. But it was mostly Fonti and myself outside of that.
    That was bears read on delphine in her EoD readwall.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So GH went from person you wanted to lynch yesterday to not even top 3 wolves?

As far as delphine goes so not only are you trying to volume read her but the read is based on associations on flips that haven't happened. Do you have a reason to wolf read delphine that isn't completely terrible?

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Reaction :
    How do you make that post?

Your Eod thoughts on the people Fable talks about are :

Rubicon :
    I can buy you agreeing with it, but youa re doubting your own read because he lacks volume.

Asmo :
    Ok, Jari flipped town, which makes him look better, but again a lot of hedging in your initial read.

Delphine:
    Again, not a real townread. A lot of hedging but nothing you are really commiting to.

How do you say that You obviously like fables towncircle when you are aomewhat unsure on 3/4 people in it. The only person you have a townread on is yourself.
    Don't tell me you like it only because Fable said your name and it wasn't written on a plate next to a stake on top of a pile of wood. Please tell me that is not the case. Please.

Looking over your Eod "legacy! readlist. That is open ended as fuck.
    You basically commit to calling me town.

And your are calling fluff town, but not enough to bet the game on it.

Everyone else is a hedge one way or another?
    In which world did you think that post is ever useful as legacy, if you are town?

The point of a legacy post is that people know your opinion, but you don't have one. your legacy post is all smoke and mirrors.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ok - did some work, now time for reactions! (bears first, please)

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Like fluff's delphine read is really bothering me. Cuz first off fonti was V reading delphine too so would fluff be wolf reading fonti right now if she was alive? Second he's basing it off associations with both me and beruru except in that world both me and beruru can't be wolves with delphine so in that case fluff is literally wolf reading delphine because a villager is V reading her.

Just.....what....?

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Bro, I was complimenting him on it to make it more likely he'd explain the thing while asking for an explanation because I didn't know why the fuck he's townreading those people in particular. Fable gave some bits on me, but when he replied to that post specifically he said "not right now".

17. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Strangely enough, I'm more suspicious of you now for that reason.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Those were in fact my actual opinions, though? Saying that I didn't have any actual opinions on anything is factually incorrect. That post is real. There's no reason for me to "smoke and mirrors" anything. If you think you might actually die and only have half an hour to write the thing, you'd better be fast.

Do you think it's weird that there were possible CFDs onto Fluff and I, but the Jarizok lynch barreled through anyway? Sure, I wanted to lynch Jari, but the Fluff train didn't need either me or Fonti, tbh.

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I confused beruru and fable because i read beruru agreeing with fable, and was like "aha!". For some reason i thought beruru made the towncircle post too.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's called reads evolving?
    Like, I don't get it. You expect my reads to not change at all based on more recent posts? Or is that just how you would react, since you already know who scum is, so you never actually need to re-evaluate?

Vote Fable

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Your reactions so far are mostly dodging, bears.

Do work. Commit. Make reads. ( I am assuming you are not home yet, but I really need some in depth answers to my questions)

Delphine was not around. Fonti and I were not voting fluff. Add you to it (and himself) and you have 5/11 people not voting fluff at the time.

How do you say the Fluff train did not need you or Fonti?
    It had exactly enough people left for softlynch if they all agree on it, are all around and cfd.