1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I normally play dumb and wait what happens.

I am really good at playing dumb!

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    By the way, I know you're doing the town circle thing and I know you're you, but can you give actual reasons with your GH vote? It would be useful.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Somehow, I feel like this isn't the first time I've been called out for this...

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

1. Pressure and reactions.

2. PoE.

3. He has not been the force he was in other games (or the other game) we played.
    Saying you don't know everyone doesn't count a lot, because I am talking about the mash we played where he had a leading role and was doing 10 times more work in a game with more posts and players.
    (And I don't think he knew most of the players in the 150+ player mash)

There is a different approach to the games, but I would assume he would not change up his style that much as town.
    The GH this game is just not the Fuchs I grew to love in Anniversary.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Beruru is never this... involved? as scum, at least in my experience.

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    23-ish hours remaining...

... and it still feels like we're suspended in time.

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

working on ish
    Don't think we're suspended in time.
    Where you at with your ISO of me and fable?
    When you're done, could you give an ordered list of names? I know you shared your thoughts on everyone, but they felt a bit inconclusive without a "town/null/scum" read next to your.. stream of consciousness

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    True.

I'm not opposed to a GH lynch, but... I don't want to die and then Miner survives forever?

Also, read Fonti's ISO.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh, I haven't really started it yet today. Too many posts. This is why I don't usually do ISOs....

My list is in order from top to bottom. So, when I posted it:

Jan
    Delphine
    Rubicon
    -
    GH
    Asmo
    Fable
    Fluff
    Miner

In his last post, GH said that he'd be back today in the afternoon, and I don't know what his timezone is...

My read on him has been dropping as I have time to think about his posts vs his actions, though. Probably should have slept before posting the wall, but I didn't want to forget about anything.

Switch his placement with Asmo, I guess. And then put Fable in his own tier, because I need to actually, like, have a real read on him.

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

This is a bit surprising. Reason I thought it wasn't ordered was because you said Rubi was the closest thing you had to top town, and your Delphine read (above him) looked a lot more like a scumlean than a townread. I was even gonna ask you to explain how you said "delphine ilu vote miner vote miner vote miner" despite scumleaning her, but realized that that sort of personal response pretty much fits what I'd expect from you if someone mindmelded your scumread.

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I kind of just want to say "fuck it" and clear Asmo and Fable as town?

Like, Asmo has actual content that's good and feels like he's actually trying to solve and win and Fable is like...

... still a fucking mystery but I really don't want to read 300 posts by one person right now and on a brief skim it looks pretty ok.

Maybe I'll just like... go find some posts and ask him about them......

10. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

lol thinking about it now my read on you would probably be very different if I hadn't got to see your natural form before game started
    it'd be a lot more like "wtf why who is this person"

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Delphine would be a scumread if she wasn't, like.... town.

One of the good things about my re-entrance to mafia is that I don't get incorrectly read as a logic based player anymore? I mean, I can do it, but..... I mean, check my deep (incorrect) gut read on Mal from WH9, lol. If this game had no flips... I would still be reading Jari as a witch, even though vote analysis and EoD content says that he wasn't (and isn't).

Also, please remember to capitalize and correctly punctuate and use grammar and shit. I am on record for absolutely hating the strict form that the post restrictions on this forum force me into, but I play here anyway. I don't want you to get yelled at by the mods.

And, obviously.... same? Like. Imagine not reading anyone's past games or trying to play a game of mafia without having the briefest prior understanding of or experience with the other players. Sounds like a nightmare, imho.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    ftr it doesn't matter this game but that's how wolf!me gets easy wins.

Also fluffy still needs to die super hard.

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    "Hey, Beru, go read my ISO."

Okay, okay. Fine. You convinced me.

Brb.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

What are you referring to with the fonti part?

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I don't think I want to be in this if you choose Fluff, because I don't see myself clearing him and that destroys the whole purpose of a town circle. Also, if you do choose Fluff, then two of your towncircle (Fluff, Miner) will be on another potential member (Fable). That looks like too little trust for an effective circle.
    I do like the PoE approach, and am sort of doing the same thing, but I'd prefer waiting til at least f7 before coming to conclusions.

Why is "willing to humor you" your motivation in telling Beru to explain her scumread on Miner?

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Asmo, maybe? Fable no.

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Half her ISO is about Miner before the unexplained townread.

I don't think she would have given him a pass today if alive.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

What is that question?

I said I am fairly certain that Miner is town because 2 people that flipped town and I trust way more when reading Miner than I trust myself (or anyone left alive).

Willing to humor = giving her a chance while admitting from the get go that it needs to be a slam dunk case or I am not going with it.

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Like... from how I feel now, I'm really sad that Fonti only had, like, two sentences to explain why her read on him flipped. If you don't explain things properly, it's useless to the people of the future...

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The important part is not how she starts the day.

Read how she finishes the day/read on him.