1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Koalas first read on fonti (that I could find by searching for "fonti" in his iso)

Late d1 :
    D2 after being prodded :
    My problem here is that Koalas has this read and I don't think he ever hesitated on his fonti read, which does not feel that strong if you just take these words despite the fact that.

a. Fonti pushed himi was all her might for most of d1.
    b. Fonti is a big questionmark on his d1 wagon.

Let us look at his wagon again :
    (Colouring was made by fonti at the time.)

After this Koalas makes a big post about how this could have happened and who the scum are on his wagon.
    His post is very long, I will talk about it after the spoiler, just wanted to have it nearby for people to look at etc.

Those are a lot of word without actually saying or doing anything useful.
    The main summary is "we had 3 wagons, one of them slowed down early, let's lynch that guy instead of me."

My big problem is that he completely dodges reading his wagon.

He got asked who the possibly scum on his wagon are and then goes on about the two worlds being

1 World :
    That wagon according to the votals he quoted is not even a real wagon.
    We are talking about 1 flipped town in visor + Jari at one time and Tom at one time.
    Both of them voting there at a point where the Cuth wagon had already mellowed down and was not a direct contestant.

Plus - why would scum not be spread on Koalas and GH if Cuth is scum?
    @Koalas can you explain to me your first world again and where the scum would be .. oh and who the scum would be?!

That just makes no sense at all in my head.

2 World :
    This world is very easy and obvious. Not much to talk about. A world of triple village wagons d1 scum are spread out and not unlikely to be found offwagon.
    Even in this world there should be at least 1 scum on his wagon at one point.

His main focus is one the world where Cuth is scum, but even there he decides to focus on this :

He concentrates on the 4 people who voted Cuth early and then moved away?

I don't see this coming from a town mindset.

He thinks the most likely scumpartners for that wagon are the people that bussed him in the first place and then decided to protect him by voting a town?
    (Don't get me wrong, there is likely scum in there, but that is not the only thing to look at here)
    I get distancing and voting on a partner is something scum do, but hinging 80% of your work on the fact that the most likely scum are the people who did that, and not the people who

a. never pushed or voted on cuth
    b. pushed, votes or bandwagoned on the town wagons.

This feels to me more like someone looking at an angel to push instead of someone trying to either read into EoD wagons or solving his own wagon.

But maybe he believes his words and follows up on this, right?
    He votes Cuth at the end of this, which means he thinks that his 1 world is more likely to be true.
    Which also means he should think there is always scum in the people he picked out and read further into.

In his latest readspost that happened afterwards he has Cuth and Yeit (formerly none as SwedishSkumbag) in his lowest tier, while the other 3 are still in his towncirlce. When talking about them he mentions that they are slightly lower because of the Cuth thing.

So from all this work he did with his worldbuilding, he never addressed the question of who is actually scum on his wagon and the only thought he has is that if Cuth is scum, then Yeti is likely with him.

In a world where there are 6 scum, he does not actually care about finding them despite the fact that he has more information that most of us, because he actually knows his alignment for certain.

How can anyone think the work he did there is nothing but busywork?

I tried to read over this post for logical gaps and realized that I should have made two seperate posts on the matter.
    1. Why does Koalas treat Fonti (and Miner) like confirmed-ish town when he should be paranoid about them according to his own read (which is vague) and the fact that they are big unknowns on his wagon.
    2. How and why his big post talking about Eod wagons is more busywork than actually scumhunting.

I hope you still get my problems with well all of this.

Vote Koalas

2. .113

.113 Squib

Btw scum team is

Koalas, SR, Vira,

On another note, I felt dyacheis angry outbreaks earlier were fake.. Anyone else?

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I went into the post trying to show people this weird connection between Fonti and Koalas, and then we rereading all of his stuff I had to add the other stuff to it, first because the fact that he left her out completely was odd, but then because there were so many stupid things in there that I don't think anyone talked about until now.

And I am getting paranoid about Fonti bussing Koalas half way through the day because he basically didn't play and she knew the heat was coming sooner or later.
    Even more so because her focus went so much away from him today.
    Not completely away, but her vote was and is somewhere else and she never explained her read on him any further.
    She asked him to consider fullclaiming today, but didn't bother to attack him in a way that might actually pressure him.

I know this is not the first world to think about if Koalas flips wolf, but I cannot explain to myself why either of them are doing what they are doing today.

4. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Pretty good post.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I personally think it is more long than good.

I should have restructured it, but I hope it is still readable enough to get the point across.

6. .113

.113 Squib

It Kinda made me townfirm you so pretty good

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Which ones? Why bring this up now?

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Talk to me about this.
    Why those 3?

Are they aligned for you in any way?
    Just 3 individual scumreads paired together?

And .. I think Dyachei is annoyed regardless of her alignment. But that is not so much because of the game and more because Fable asked her in the nicest way possible (at knifepoint) to play when she should have taken a break from mafia.
    At least for a little while.

That might be me reading into things, but I don't think her anger was fake. Just not indicative in regards to her alignment.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It took you a while.

What will you do with all those "if jan is scum then x" thoughts about my iso earlier?

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Starting on my re-read of Yeti now. Gonna quickly read over SR afterwards.

I also just skimmed Jan's case on Koalas, but I'll come back to that case after my Koalas re-read to see if I agree with the individual points or not. Cuth I still don't have an impression of what they've done so far today. Probably a bad sign again.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    [disapproving noises]
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think Dya being annoyed is fake but also...certain kinds of irritation are not AI.

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Jan, I like that. Looking over it again, I'm confused by the fact that he draws a me scum world as the most possible, and immediately goes to trying to... find the wolves on me? iirc I was never over one vote above the second highest wagon a good ways from EoD, so the focus is a bit strange.

---

I don't want to make reads on whether peoples' emotional reactions were fake or not, particularly with Dyachei, and I'd advise against doing so as a matter of course.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That reminds me; need to look at Vira games.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    More words.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Don't fight it.

Just close your eyes and ..

Embrace the darkness!

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I've decided to quit drinking.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yeah looking for scum on your wagon instead of his own is a weird move either way.

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
  17. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

The awesome Vira wolfgame comes across similarly to the other one linked, more possessive of the thread, trying to assume a leadery role, more WIM, etc.

The thing is, the v game also looks different in a lot of the same ways? Less command and outspokenness than either of the wolf games, but definitely more wordy and reasoned than this game.

Hrmh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Have you read those/ISOs, Stan? What's your stance on Vira in general aorn?
    --- Post automerged ---
    DLPers: does Vira normally lurk?

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I have not read any Vira games recently but I did read parts of WH8 + WH8 QTs at some point for...some reason I don't recall.

My stance on Vira is I think she's town for not really good reasons.

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

She doesn't in my experience, but that experience is not particularly comprehensive.

20. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Why do you find it boring?

Maybe it's alignment indicative to you, but isn't as obvious to everyone else.

As the game has continued, do think Zack or Vira is town with Proph? Or do you think one of them is likely to be a wolf?

@Zack is there anyone left in this game who is capable of pandering to you? I'm asking for a friend.

What inspired you to say this?

At this point if you were to lock in two people who you think are townies, who would you say?

Yes, I'm still behind. Sorry.