1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Mm, I can buy that. I think I was overly dazzled by the "oh man someone's doing things while we're all dicking around pointlessly! What initiative! What towniness!" thing >_>

Lynch: mallorean_thug

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Oh, #399 preempted my catchup post.

Let me react:

Honestly, its too early to thunderdome font, I'd like to have reads on people that don't hinge on their read on me, and I don't really think there's much to explain there.

I do think that this is closer to scum!font than town!font. Scum!font generally doesn't contribute much early besides questioning early townreads with an option select, and then finding a "justifiable mistake" to latch onto. But . . . it could also be town!font. I don't think I'll figure out the difference by defending myself to her directly though so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uh, let's go ahead and move my voting positions before typing more:

Day1 LUMP: Newcomb

Day1 Lynch: Delphine

Maybe? When I caught up to halfway down page 4 during my lunch break, I put Figure out Newcomb/Delphine stuff later on my to do list and was thinking I'd be willing to lynch in those two + Jarizok + Silver toDay, pending gemma/cobalt thread entrances. Silverslot can wait now I guess, and jarizok stuff might need to wait pending font stuff.

3. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I assume you're planning to say more about Delphine...

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Nobody else made a similar Lump list :(

People disagreeing didn't even suggest their changes.

Here are my further thoughts:

Cobalt: I can't read them so I'd like them checked. If I could read them at all, I'd probably put them in the smug or vote untrustworthy tier, as several other people have suggested. Separately, Cobalt's activity can be sporadic and if we're going to let Cobalt coast, like say that one scum doctor game, I'd prefer for the reason to not put them on the Day1 lynch docket to be "we're giving them lump" than "they'll post more later"

Gemma: Have not played with or heard of. There could be meta reasons for other people to not lump gemma, but not for me.

Newcomb: Useful as town double voter, but not somebody I'm confident reading, and somebody whose playstyle is prone to having people get paranoid about later (for good reason) /but/ isn't a common n1 kill because he both doesn't keep anything close to his chest and sometimes get stuck in incorrect worlds to scum's benefit.

dC: Good enough I don't think I can read, not an n1 kill target, agreeable enough to be a good town double voter, a possible day1 lynch depending on content, but maybe the option I'd rather soft check than kill.

font: If she wasn't in this category, she'd be in the next one down. Dead very quickly if town anyways, not a useful town double voter because the extra vote isn't needed for her pressure, and we can solve her alignment if she's scum by having her mislynch target thunderdome her (lol).

Vaimes: I've played with town confirmed Vaimes. He's lazy. sorry. Also n1 bait, but maybe that isn't the case if he's won as scum recently.

Jan: I don't think Jan's playstyle is as good when he doesn't have to defend himself occasionally. He can do good work picking apart people trying to mislynch him. He's a kind of tempting soft check target only because of the check part, but I /might/ be able to read him now?

Delphine: I don't think we need a check to figure out Delphine's alignment, I think it's usually kind of obvious one way or the other? and I feel like I've seen town!delphine get nightkilled a couple times? At the very least, I don't remember mislynching delphine.

Silvercrys: I haven't played with silver as scum, but I thought they were kind of in the same bucket as delphine. Maybe that's incorrect and they should really be in the "person I don't know and therefore should lump" category.

Waco: when I typed up my initial post, I guess I was misremembering Waco? I thought he was more obvious town, less, idk, .gify. Would move up to willing to lump.

Jarizok: we're not lumping jarizok unless everybody decides that he's not readable without the soft check. Always a fine day1 lynch as long as its not a shrug lynch and has a counterwagon.

Tom: Should be readable, should be lynchable, notable I think for always going into endgame with incorrect reads as town.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Do you personally think you can read Jarizok if his content remains similar to what he's posted so far today?

Also, the way you phrase him being a fine D1 lynch does not sound like you particularly care what his alignment is when it comes to lynching him. Why is that?
    --- Post automerged ---
    ...also how is "I am confident I can read Delphine" congruent with lynching him unless you have a scumread? (And if you do, what's it based on, why don't you want to wait longer to confirm it, and why wasn't it mentioned in your lump reasoning?)

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Thug why don't you want to talk about this game?
    Surely there's enough for your opinions on lumpability to have been effected

7. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi Vaimes, I had typed up a short post and then had second thoughts about its usefulness and deleted it a couple times right there, but still kind of wanted to get some of the delicious real time participation and wanted to make it clear I was still around. I will strive to avoid such attention seeking low quality content in the future.

dC, your second question answers your first question. If the thread won't ever eventually clear jarizok, its better to lynch him sooner than later. Day1 lynches should be players that won't ever make their alignment more clear with later content.

I think I can try to read him, but unfortunately his content at the moment hinges on my alignment (is he townreading me because he already knows I'm town and wanted to get ahead of the curve?) so I'm kind of ignoring it.

I think Newcomb kind of already said it, that Jarizok doesn't really change his content in response to pressure. I like using my vote for pressure and pursuing players that respond to pressure (so does font, which is why I hate when we roll opposite alignments because /I/ respond to pressure), so sometimes its unclear who I'm fine shrug lynching for bad content reasons. If I was a stronger player, that being unclear would be good, because scum love lists of people that they can get shrug lynch maj on, and they like warning before town descends on their weakest player 12 hours before deadline. But I'm not a stronger player, so I'm telling you now.

As far as your postmerge questions:
    1. I have a scumread
    2. Delphine responds to pressure (saying this lessens that pressure, but so does me getting lynched so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
    3. My "lump reasoning" is explaining what I was thinking when I posted #52. I wanted to make my starting valuation clear. Further valuation throughout Day1 isn't going to get a new explainer because its going to be subordinate to my current reads and how the wagons are going
    Tom, several people asked me to elaborate on the thoughts behind my initial post. My opinions on lumpability have been effected, but they didn't travel backwards in time and change past!mal's thoughts while writing that post.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Vote Gemma

Single focus.
    No solving.

A part of me thinks she would not dare to have a thread entry like this as scum.
    But that part is naive and believes people not to suck.

Fontis points on Mal read good.
    We'll see how that develops.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    So why Newcomb now?

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am always amused when people make long winded useless explanations about not producing low quality content.

Exactly my kind of humor.

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

You come into a thread where Jarizok is taking some pressure, and say "he looks like he did in this game when he was town..."

I never said anything about lock!town, but it's definetely looks like you're trying to push town!Jari as an idea

Hey Cobalt, nice to get to play with you again. How's the catchup going?

I get the case Fonti made, but you flipping your read to be the 3rd vote in 3 posts?

Lynch Vote: dC
    --- Post automerged ---
    Agreed, not impressed by Gemma so far, but trying not immediately repeat my tunnel vision with her from last game.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Why don't you want to explain why you stayed superficial and didn't follow up your questions?

I can see it not doing anything for yourself.
    But if you don't react to people questioning you then why would anyone react to your questions to them?

This is very dismissive regardless of alignment.

What do you think of Gemmas reaction to fontis question about you?

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Lump: Jarizok

I initially thought I’d never be able to win lumpy, but I’m actually a pretty good check. If I win, I promise to try to not tunnel too badly. I so swear.

Waco’s catch up/gifs/content ratio feels townie. I had the momentary thought to go reread RWBY to compare but I dont want to.

Fonti reading Mal opposite to myself is par for the course.

DC is yet to show town.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    You said meta clear, clear means lock.

My read on font was strictly based on her not doing anything, and she just did something. Ergo, the read disappeared.

Why do you think rapid rereading and vote flipping on D1 is scummy?

@mallorean_thug - Hmmm, okay. Was slightly confused by how your posting was structured, it not considering anything past very early on explains most of it. However, what you describe Jari as being like sounds like the perfect candidate for lump (i.e. will probably be mislynched if town otherwise). Do you disagree with this assessment, if so why, if not why do you not want to lump Jari?

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Cutting quotes on your phone will almost always fuck something up.
    Fixed it.

16. Jarizok

His posts are very pro-content. That’s inherently townie, but it also looks ‘guided’ enough that Mal is trying to solve with it rather than just scum being townie.

I get your point about Mal not going back to his questions, but just because someone thought of a question doesn’t mean the need for an answer is vital, especially this early in the game. Someone not answering a question can be informative in it’s own way and developments itt can make the answer moot anyway. It /can/ just be Mal not caring/forgetting about his questions because he’s not really solving, but I dont read it like that. I’ve been to fire plenty a fade away question as town myself.

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I looked at gemma again.
    Not seeing the issue.
    Apparently read fonti's iso. Called it tame. Responded to those quotes fonti posted.

Doesn't seem like a terrible start.
    Want more obviously. But, like, that was fine as a small excursion into the thread

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Yeah, maybe idk. Just felt overly tame/nonchalant(?) for someone who was just appearing almost a full day into the game... Leaves me wanting more...

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Disagree.

Reading fonti iso would be fine.

But only that without context or any care about what happened in thread until that point is not good.
    Fontis iso being tame 24 hours into a 120 hour long day1 means little and is not inquiring about her alignment at all.

The be my rock comment afterwards makes no sense unless she townreads fonti and feels like an early soft pocket attempt.

20. Jarizok

This doesn’t answer your question at all, lol. ‘I think his approach here looks solvy.’ Ah well, at least I said something about why I think it’s not scummy.