1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

is this a lolcat

lynch Gemma guyz
    --- Post automerged ---
    Whose PoE am I in? Lmk so that I can lynch you ty

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

That comment alone put you in mine, why?

3. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Vote count:

Invalid vote (1): Cobalt,

Fluff (2): Gemma, dC,

Ghouliani (1): Fluff,

Not voting (5): Fonti, Ghouliani, Miner, Jan, Fable,

With 9 alive it takes 7 to hard lynch.

[​IMG]

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Because I thunderdomed Newcomb D1?

Shrug.

If anyone thinks I’d ever do that as partners with him, they don’t really know me at all lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like sure, I was working at EoD and could not be here to actually push that lynch home like Miner did, but I damn well started some of it and refused to move.

5. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

Page 4 Newcomb's interaction and smudging of Gemma looks good for Gemma. Comments like this person is hyper, this person is odd, posting a cringe reaction. What makes it significant to me is it looks like this is Newcomb's substitute for scum hunting. If there were more significant content by this point, and actual suspects, anything besides fluff really, it would simply look like socializing. But it strikes me as struggling to plausibly suspect someone and just not getting there.

352 makes it clear that's what he's doing as opposed to just disagreeing with the play style.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jan, your town is dead, and amusingly, the townie in it died first.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Correction, N1. I understand chronological order, I swear.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pretty forced read then.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

I've answered every question.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey buddy.

I was the thunderdome for newcomb day one.

Stop trying to mix shit up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    There is only one scum left.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I forgot that this sketched me out around the beginning of Day 1. Zen read me town pretty easily when I expected him to be more paranoid.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I still think we win by lynching Zenslot but I mean I’m open to other ideas I guess.

9. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

This multiquote is evidence of Fonti towntell
    The bet is not solving behavior, but gives off a vague appearance of thinking about the game.

The snap vote after the post I just quoted is a villagery mindset if it is for the same reason I think. So I keep reading and:

Bad reaction.

That's how I read it when I did, and strongly so. I agree with many posts in the game but additionally this is actively decisive and hard to fake in the moment.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The leans list makes sense from start of day one up to this post, and I strongly agree with the commentary posted just before the leans list about the leans already having been posted, they should have been easy to find for anyone paying attention. Then it's day one and this is how Gemma is reacting and pushing Newcomb, and that's super bad to do to a partner on day one. Gemma can be safe town for the foreseeable future.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't know how the above answers my question. Can you give me a direct answer?
    --- Post automerged ---
    540 Fable vote on Newcomb. Generically town but the reasoning given is rng, so it's an easier vote to back off of. Gemma already made the case, and Newcomb is definitely struggling. Bussing there is not optimal but it also is pretty good for being deep.
    --- Post automerged ---
    1565 was in my notes, related to what I just said.
    Scum!Fable can conceivably win the game that way. The lack of taking responsibility for the vote is the actual issue. Gemma's fingerprints are all over that lynch, by not giving a reason you could switch wagons if Newcomb started to do better.

Is what I wanted to post but it was overnight.

I am not saying you are Scum!Fable but it's not that strong evidence in your favor. What you are doing is way more viable a path to success than a Scum!Gemma's initial push.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The bolded part in particular pushes DC closer to safe town.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

11. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

This can be the case, related to the above, but if so I made the exact same error. It's pretty easy to interpret how DC did.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah at this point Vaimes has Newcomb at the bottom, so he was expendable somehow halfway through page 6, on one case and one vote without a reason given. Also puts Fable not at the top but is obviously giving Fable a bunch of town credits already for something. That's why it depends on the why, for pushing Newcomb to death on d1. The why matters more than the vote. It's clear by this time, in mafia world, Newcomb is not valuable to defend presently. Distancing but not hard bussing, can take the form of low on the leans list or reasonless votes.

12. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Side note, does Vaimes dumpster his entire team here?

Hell, does he even mention his entire team here?

13. fontisian

I'm reasonably certain that was Vaimes calling Jan, Newcomb and me light town.

14. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

In brackets? Why is that town but the people not in brackets are way more townie?

I must be missing context.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Vaimes only distanced from Newcomb until it became apparent that he might actually be lynched, at which point he defended him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah I thought so too.
    --- Post automerged ---
    /rule of three

16. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

At this point near the end of page 7 Miner's push on Newcomb looks more legit and not just a vote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Posts like this are why Gemma's getting almost solo credit for the d1 town success up to this point on page 8. This is too hard to fake and too dangerous to try.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Agreed. About 4 people have done this by this point in 8 pages, minimum, and one of them flipped scum. So I am just taking this as something people on this board do and mafia have to fake to fit in. And scum can get angry for being caught for the wrong reasons, caught for the right reasons, or just frustrated at the game not going swimmingly, so all of the appeals to emotion and walk outs go straight into my personal garbage bin for alignment reading. If it is even correct it is toxic and bad for the game, and when it's wrong, I don't want to lose to a faked fit.

I wasn't there but reading it even one time is not fun.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I think Vaimes was trying to tilt me because he knows it's my only real weak point as town.

18. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

I have got about as much as you'd expect out of fluff's posts, but what I can see is going with the flow, not being manipulative, and generally fitting the profile of a villager who doesn't talk much but assists with voting. Also has been funnier than the folks trying to be.

I wouldn't lynch fluff based off of these posts. That's 8 pages of d1, all of d2 and d3 inclusive.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Er, by weak point I mean like Achilles' heel type thingy.

20. fontisian

Thoughts on this, Gemma?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, this. (Would recommend looking at it in context.)