1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Vote count:

Invalid vote (1): Cobalt,

Fluff (2): Gemma, dC,

Ghouliani (1): Fluff,

Jan (2): Ghouliani, Miner,

Not voting (3): Fonti, Jan, Fable,

With 9 alive it takes 7 to hard lynch.

[​IMG]

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I mean welcome to why I'm starting to conclude reads are a lot harder than everyone seems to think :v
    --- Post automerged ---
    In terms of lynching him, it still feels cruddy but I dunno what the hell else we'd do.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Shrug.

Lynch: Ghouliani

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Oh boy, a literal shruglynch :v

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I honestly really don't care that much lol. So yeah.

I think lynching down Ghoul > Jan > Font wins the game tbh.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    So you're saying there's no scum in:
    dichotomousCreator
    Miner
    his fluffiness
    Gemma
    Cobalt
    Fable

Hmm. I wouldn't personally be sure about fluff or Fable but I think that's more a me problem.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

These things make him scum/town because _______.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Mmm.

Vote: Cobalt
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Jan, you forgot that there are more players than fonti, I think.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I kind of just think Cobalt is the only one really playing like a wolf at the moment.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Except Miner, obviously, but he doesn't count.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Ghouliani, why are you clearing Miner?
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I know you said something something hard bussing but I'd like to actually talk through the reasoning with you.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Me, every time I go to towncase Ghouliani:
    [​IMG]

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Keep an eye on recency bias, I seem to remember Cobalt having older reasons for being town that shouldn't NECESSARILY be trumped by newer reasons for being scum. Like I said to him before, it's really easy for scum to blend in right now so I'd put decent odds that if one player is "playing like a wolf" that player is more likely to just be scummy town.

That said:

Lynch: Cobalt

I am the least qualified person here to overrule anyone on the matter of Cobalt's alignment, so :v

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I had a weak "wait and see" townread on him, mostly just because I thought his Newcomb vote was overly bad and that felt unaligned because he would make it better if he was bussing. Sometimes wolves can just play bad, though. It's not really recency bias because I had issues with him before that I just didn't talk about because I feel shy about scumreading him after last game.

I dunno, I go through his ISO and none of it feels real. His emotional reaction to being scumread comes out of nowhere and feels disjointed.

I don't understand how this post is ever town:
    This doesn't feel like the way town digests and thinks about things, and it feels overly analytical in a TMI way and doesn't match the strength of his read / push:
    This feels fake:
    I don't understand how these are real reads:
    I don't understand how these are ever real thoughts:
    And I think everything about everything that he is doing at the moment is super fake.

Also I've kind of ended up townreading just about everyone else.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Slept around 18 hours yesterday.

Went through parts of Fables iso, but a Fable read here is not something to get because he is unaligned from Newcomb/Vaimes in the classical sence.
    Or because he has played obvious town by solving and pushing on people.

It is more a hard clash with what I have seen scum!Fable do. Which is a heavy meta reliant read and not something to really convince people of as easy.
    I made a case on d1 that still stands.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Do you mind telling the class something in that regard?

Like - I have trouble seeing his work today as anything but a tunnel on me and hardpocketing you and fluff.

If I were not to read any of his posts then I would give him credit for the amount of effort he put in, but an B for effort and F for content is still not a passing grade for me.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't really think he did anything very scummy? His tunnel on you feels more like bad process than a scum thing. I get the pocketing me/fluff thing but I don't think he has that much to gain by townreading fluff? Why is fluff super valuable to him as mafia? Why isn't he trying to pocket fonti? And I guess I'm used to being read in the way that he's reading me, I've experienced it several times from town replacements and never from scum replacements.

I'm too exhausted to really figure out my read on him so I don't think it would be honest of me to try to pull him out of the PoE. It's entirely possible that you guys are right and I'm just being stupid and bad like usual.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The use of pocketing fluff would be to get votes on his side.
    The read is vague enough to switch over later if need be.

Fluff is valuable because he is unlikely to die in the night and a pocket there can help tomorrow as well.

Plus pocketing fonti is a higher risk than fluff?

His tunnel on me feels like he made up his mind before reading d1 and all he is doing is looking for openings to attack.
    There is no nuance to it. No attempt to actual read my alignment only attempts to attack/shade.
    Can happen with tunneled/bad towns as well, yes. Doesn't feel like that to me, but that might be for omgus reasons.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Alright I'm too tired for this but here goes.

Uh, this post is really really town. Like, picture this guy saying this as mafia. It makes no sense.

I don't think that mafia cares enough about a stupid NKA thing to insult fonti over it like that. Maybe when they're pushing a scumcase but not just to hang on to a townread? It doesn't really feel like he's TMI-ing fluff town or even that concerned about his fluff read so much as arguing that he's correct, which would be a town thing. I had the same thought about fluff even if I didn't take it as far as he did, so I'm fine with the read on a basic level.

Btw, people are whoms not whiches.

Nope I'm too tired sorry I can't go on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, I guess.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry if I seem disinterested in your take, I really am not.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm just tired.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Is fine. Go sleep.

Or go have fun if you can't sleep. Game is not running away.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's not a sleep tired or I would.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

My problem with this post is that is an emotional outburst that tries to manipulate others regardless of alignment.
    And it fifts not at all with :

Like .. I don't think anyone pushed on him hard enough there for him to have that reaction in a reasonable way.
    Which makes it more fake = scum.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Sure, I'm completely terrible at reading AtE anyway.

I don't really think that being unreasonable is scummy or fake, though.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, that's the kind of flippantly savage AtE that I would post as mafia and I very very rarely encounter people who AtE like I do.

18. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Vote count:

Ghouliani (2): Fluff, Cobalt,

Jan (2): Ghouliani, Miner,

Cobalt (2): Gemma, dC,

Not voting (3): Fonti, Jan, Fable,

With 9 alive it takes 7 to hard lynch.

[​IMG]

Fair warning: I'm going away over the weekend and will have less internet access than usual. I will be around in my morning and late evening, but perhaps not much more than that. That means that if a hard lynch occurs I might not be around for several hours to do the flip. I apologize for this inconvenience, but that's the way it has to be this time around. You should check back in around 6pm EST, whichever day the lynch happens, and I'll do my best to have everything ready by then.

<3<3

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hi again.

I think you're kind of underestimating how gross Cobalt's post actually is. Also, I kind of think that his reaction isn't a response to being pushed on? I think it's more genuine for that, too. It doesn't feel like he's responding in a mafia way of like "see pressure, AtE pressure".

This is what he was responding to and I don't really blame him regardless of alignment for snapping back. I don't even know where this is coming from since all Ghouliani did was ask a pretty fair question and he wasn't rude about it all. His read on Cobalt was also very reasonable and fair, I thought, so I really don't understand why Cobalt responded the way he did. If you want scummy unreasonable then imo it's more Cobalt than anyone in this game.

It feels like the entire point of that automerged post is just to make Ghouliani look like shit and deflect what I thought was a really understandable thing to want to dig into. And it's sandwiched between two other conciliatory posts to other players which makes the tone come off really fake to me. And I already said that I feel like Ghouliani's post is more about arguing for what he believes about the game, so the things that I'm reading into feel scummy for Cobalt and towny for Ghouliani.

This was the post Cobalt was responding to, unless I'm mistaken.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, both the other bits were to fonti.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't even know if that's actually alignment indicative for Cobalt honestly. Last game he was just shitting on me for no reason about non-alignment stuff and he was town.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Cobalt is a villager he would never bus d1.

Move along thx.