1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

If Cobalt always feels fake when he's town then how am I ever supposed to read him ;~;

If it's not Cobalt then it's fonti.

What are your other reads?

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I still wanna do some order of Jan, Fluff, I guess we can add fonti in there but I don't really think it's her.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Only reason it wouldn't be fluff is if wolves were gonna leave the watcher alive idk why you have vaimes do the kill instead of fluff in that scenario.

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

If you want I can ask again, so that you can rng any other two names to say that you want to lynch.

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Only reason it wouldn't be fluff is if wolves were gonna leave the watcher alive idk
    I think I just remembered why I ignored this game yesterday.

kbye.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Um. Wolves were clearly going to leave the watcher alive since, you know, they left the watcher alive. At least for a day. They were either worried more about Tammy being alive the next dayphase or about protection than they were about getting guiltied. If I weren't so overwhelmed by exhaustion I would think about who fits into the scumteam in those worlds.

And if fluff were mafia then he would have to feel semi-outed at that point since he had made approximately 0 posts all game and you can't endgame that way twice in a row.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jeez, I didn't realize my sense of humor was that bad.

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Problem: If the last wolf is low activity then why did Vaimes make the kill, and if the last wolf is high activity why didn't they tell Vaimes to make a different kill?

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hey dC, I scumread Cobalt last game and he was town so I kind of want to just randomly trust Fable that he wouldn't bus day 1 and ignore him for the rest of the game, who should we lynch?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, I feel like that Newcomb wagon happened too easily for there to not be mafia on it, is that a stupid read do you think?

I've been staring at this VC for a while now and I'm pretty sure that if I stare long enough, something will happen.

Miner (1): dC,

Jarizok (5): Jan, Fluff, Vaimes, Newcomb, Gemma,

Newcomb (6): Miner, Cobalt, Fable, Jarizok, Fonti, Tammy,

Jan (1): Zenzao,

Not voting ():
    --- Post automerged ---
    @dichotomousCreator boop

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Erm.

There's this thing where I don't think anybody, myself included, expected Newcomb to die D1 until like ten minutes before EOD.

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Does that mean we shouldn't townread you for bussing Newcomb?

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

What do you think?

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Regfan is yelling at me right now.

I'm sorry Regfan, I don't have the energy to do anything properly right now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nuh uh, I asked you first.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Let's just put it this way.

If I were scum, do you really think that I would've decided that all the eggs had to be in my basket and that I would be the one end gaming over newcomb?

That's pretty much why I'm never getting lynched this game.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh.

My post was a joke.

That's not really why you're not getting lynched, though. In the world where you're mafia, you guys never expected Newcomb to die over you, that's why he spent so much time talking about how different people were w/w with you and all that junk.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Gemma, I'm with Fable. I'm pretty sure Cobalt was just bitching!town there, babe. I don't think you should expect to be able to follow Cobalt's process fully, and having a strong scumteam D1 that he refuses to let go of is absolutely in his town!wheelhouse. I suspect he would have made those team thoughts and then tried to dumpster Zen instead of Newcomb as mafia.

Mafia fluff isn't going roll over when he's the last one, even if it seems pointless, because he's seen town run off the rails before and he did try to put in effort earlier Today. The lack of a concede or a significant increase in effort aren't signs that he's town.

I'm not going to help you assess Ghouliant's Ate. I don't find it towny or scummy, I just think it's an issue he has. Jan is correct in the the bulk of his analysis is just a tunnel on Jan. He also did try to pocket me, by the way.

I don't even think Jan is town, and I'd be fine with his lynch. I can even see him deciding to kill Tammy over Jari out of fear of a doc.

This is also the part of the game where you should have me as near confirmed town. You know I would never make those kind of EoD or n1 mistakes as scum.

@Cobalt, Von was not in a position to hard carry after EoD. He had sided with Newcomb, despite openly stating that he thought Jari was probably the Watcher. He was suspected and had been voted on by both me and Gemma. You may have been lightly townreading him, but I think you'll agree that to Von your read wouldn't have been enough to offset the rest of his situation. Also, in all likelyhood, there's a scum pr so Von had to be the one carrying the kill. Zen was townread, fluff had done that too late vote on Newcomb, Fable, Jan was at least not in a bad position. There is no potential team that would have seen Von as the deep wolf after Newcomb's lynch.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Babe, I haven't been able to reread the game once and I've barely even read a single ISO all game, don't make me feel stupid by saying things like that :(
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jeez, I scared Miner off too.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I should probably just stop posting since I'm so tired I can't do anything seriously.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

No, there just isn't a question to answer and all the sniping going on in thread from yesterday is giving me bad flashbacks.

Also at work

17. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Sorry, I was off showering.

Newcomb was kind of a weird run-up but there's at MOST one scum on it since Vaimes was off it. I don't think one player makes that much of a difference to how "easily" the wagon went up tbh.

Jan being first on Jari is maybe a shit?

I townread Cobalt in my last game with him and he turned out to be scum, so I don't really have any useful advice that isn't "he could be faking it". OTOH either Fable is scum defending a townie or Fable is wrongtown and we can blame him when Cobalt wins, so sure.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Also as much as I disagree with reading someone off of "there's no way that they'd be that bad as scum" I do think that fonti doesn't play eod the way she did d1 if she were scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, fable is self-resolving. Pretty sure.

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    How the fuck is someone with a self-confessed 80% scum winrate self-resolving???

I mean unless you mean we'll find out his alignment when he endgames >_>

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

@Gemma

If you want to state at a VC these two are much more interesting