1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I can tunnel Eido today? Does that work for you?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I've successfully psyched myself into scumreading Eido. This, in addition to Vaimes, NH, and MP7.

I don't know why Jari isn't on that list but I'm sure I can make that happen too!

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

NH over Jari?

That’s certainly spicy.

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Birds work in mysterious ways.

4. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Eidowolf names the vigi, guesses the exact number of shots the vigi would have before they appeared to be out, has a weird agreeable dynamic with the vigi that they both think is weird openly to each other, doesn't kill the vigi going into 6v1?

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I don't see an issue here.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I do somewhat agree with this.

7. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

With the facts, or the premise, or both or what?

He's the one I keep thinking over in my head because for everything that's now put him in the wolf column I think there's something that looks good for him. He'd be against stated self-meta of busing because his strongest thing Day 1 was going against fenwicked, and while he suspected Beru, he'd meant to make a post about them that he just didn't on that day that I could find. Being on the fen lynch means he's also going alongside Jan and fonti as fen's strongest pushers (in my opinion), thereby making that a mafia-driven cause and therefore the correct answer was just to kill those people.

He has a scumread on Beru, but it's apparently without reading a spoiler in their post where they explain why they suspect him, and the read persists after noticing this.

He defends Tsaiah for a while when two wolves vote her. Would that just be contrarian for its own sake?

I think the "slip", if correct in making him mafia, would be one of the more real slips I've seen, but folks like Newcomb and I previously discussed close to SOD2 that Gemma could be a direct kill and he could just be repeating that idea about the whole thing.

These are most of the things that give me doubt.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    From the world where Eidowolf reads me as vig and all the other things entailed by that, it's perfectly reasonable that I have not yet eaten PR hunting bullets.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

“I totally knew who the vig was and didn’t kill them so I can’t be mafia!”
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also that. What Stanari said. That is a thing.

10. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Vigi's a clear. Do mafia here just not care about killing clears?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, well, long as you all are playing some minigame I don't understand, guess I'm out.

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Before lylo maybe, but, hmm, how to say, there are things about me that make me a low priority kill even if I'm cleared.
    --- Post automerged ---
    .-.

?

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Mafia can purposefully leave PRs alive if it helps them.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like yeah, Stanari being the vig makes killing her no more of a priority than it was before. She was never getting lynched this game anyways.
    --- Post automerged ---
    >refreshes thread
    >nothing

[​IMG]

13. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

I mean, I'm rather unnerved by that.

There's enough time left to kill Stan and me before F3, I guess, but not doing that would tell me whoever's left has got their mislynches all in a row already.

You can say Reg wasn't getting lynched either, but he also wasn't a role. There's something extra there for Stan. No tinfoil necessary.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That is true, but at this point, kills are going to be about what helps the mafia win condition rather than eliminating unlynchable players.

Of course one of you and Stanari will have to die before F3, because you two would just lynch whoever's left. But if one of you make it to F3, it's because the last wolf thinks you'll side with them.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Throwback to a random game I played on MafiaScum a couple years ago where mafia left the Day 2 activated Innocent Child alive all the way to endgame, which was like, Day 8 or 10 something.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Reg also outputs far more analytic threat than I do, so.

16. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

What was the thought here?

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    It involves Vaimes.

18. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I'm pretty drugged up, and feel like melted garbage, but I'm here for next bit. Not sure how coherent I am, but whatever.

Vote: M + 7

His play is pretty representative of a wolf who knows he can't win and is playing out the string I guess, so I'm just hoping the game ends here and Newcomb and I can go 'lol us' in postgame and I'm spared the effort.

Well aware if the game doesn't end I'm the lynch tomorrow, but gonna just hope it does. Just don't have the energy to fight tonight. If you want to lynch me over M+7, decide on that now so I can dig up some stuff and do a bit of a legacy, otherwise I'm going to bed.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

So Jari, M7, and Eido all have stuff going on right now.

Those are also the people I want to lynch.

I don't really think I'm getting anything out of reading EoD2 again.

Like... should we just speedrun this?

The biggest thing I want right now is for those 3 to tell me who they want to lynch and why.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry man :(

I guess I'm down to do M7 here, sure.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just, like.

M7's play makes no fucking sense here as a wolf. It's barely even going through the motions.

I mean, this is how I felt for like the entire last half of The Office so, yeah, sure, let's do it, fine. But even if he flips red and the game ends I'm still gonna be...

something. Confused? Vaguely put out? idk.

20. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

If I could unilaterally decide the next 3 kills it'd actually probably be Jari > M+7 > Newcomb.

It's not Stanari, it's not Smiles, and it's not Vaimes.

I don't think Jari has actively tried to determine anyone's alignment in a long time, just kind of coasted on the initial town cred, and soft tunneled M+7 while other people killed Roman, and kind of skipped out on the argument regarding me today. There's obviously stuff going for him, but there's stuff going for everyone at this point.

M+7 just 'feels' like someone playing out the string and knowing he can't win, but having too much pride or something to just concede, so I don't hate the lynch, and realistically there's room to kill all 3 of us.

Like, here's how I'm expecting this to go:

1) We lynch M+7 today. If he's a wolf, we pop bottles, and go 'lolwolves'

2) If he's town, I'm probably the lynch tomorrow, and I use the day phase to dig in and talk about why Vaimes is town, and make a final decision on you, in hopes that people don't do something stupid in the f3.

3) I flip town, because obviously, and the f3 is probably you/Jari/x, because no way you're dying after I flip town even if you are town.

4) Jari probably gets lynched and we probably win, I just get to be salty and probably not play on DLP for another 5 years.