1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP My Hero Akane by TPK - T - My Hero Academia /Ranma 1/2

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Nemrut, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Title: My Hero Akane
    Author: TPK
    Rating: T
    Wordcount: ca 20k as of 07.10.2018
    Fandom: My Hero Academia and Ranma 1/2
    Summary: My Hero Akane is a story of a tale of friendship at the end of a knife, romance born of dubious logic, and gratuitous violence -presented to you in vague collaboration with several people who I bug on various Discord channels at all hours of the day with ideas.
    Link: SB

Story premise is rather simple. Fusion between Ranma and My Hero Aca with the focus being on Akane and her journey to become a hero. It's a pretty good take on the characters so far and the fusion has been handled rather well.

Still in its very beginnings, of course, but actually really digging it so far. Sticking rather close to canon so far, which has been the case with every MHA fic I have read so far but with the POV being Akane's it's working out alright so far. Akane's treatment within the Ranma fandom has always been rather unfortunate so I like a fic where she is giving a time to shine without trying to erase her weaknesses like impulsiveness and the sort.

And honestly, the Ranma elements just make me smile, still holds up. I don't care all that much about MHA, despite my best efforts, but the Ranma stuff is elevating the MHA things.

Check it out, not much to read so far but a fun story to get updated once a week or so.

4/5

2. fire

fire Order Member

TPK is a good writer, but i'm not really a ranma one half fan, and didnt find My Hero Akane to be more than mildly diverting

3. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

This fic is a hit or miss. And for me, it's a definite miss. The crossover so far is way more in the Ramna side of things that I honestly don't give two shits about. The titular character isn't even the prominent POV, which is a shame because I felt the story would've been way more interesting to see him show up everyone after being relegated to a different school. As is, it just reads like a canon rehash but through the eyes of an OC.

3/5 because the writing is sound but that's about it.