1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Now does it feel like I'm double reverse pocketing you?

2. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    This interaction was so weird to me and I'm trying to wrap my mind around why.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm just in a weird mood because my fake plant died.

Forgot to pretend to water it.

4. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I guess my question would be,

when you responded to my reads saying none of them were notable to you, what was your underlying thoughts behind it?

Like "Lyric is misguided town" or "how weird, why is she focusing on these things that I don't even remember" or like trying to guide me somewhere or just commenting or being suspicious or what?
    --- Post automerged ---
    lmaoo you confuse me I'm tempted to just avoid you for a bit because you're making my head hurt
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like were you trying to read me better or trying to have a back-and-forth on different people with me, is what I'm trying to figure out.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Mix of these 3, with the "somewhere" being "deeper"
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's like, I didn't even disagree with most of them I thibk citrus is town I think Newcomb and voxx seem like it and I've probably been objectively scummy before accounting for knowing me.

It was just those things you brought up were super in one ear out the other
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm still reasonably null on you here unfortunately could totally see town or scum you just being confused by me right now not really sure what else I was expecting.

6. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I guess my confusion comes from the pointlessness I feel?

I feel like if you are null on me, a town would want to ask me questions or ask me to read and give thoughts on a person or interaction. (right now I'm on to interact, so I'd comply even if I'm not caught up)

Like you commenting on my reads being not notable with no further thoughts (without an implicit "this makes you scummy") just makes me insecure about my reads than anything else productive (versus for example, "thats within their scumranges" which would give me more information going forward).

But that's what I feel like scum!you would do. So like I guess that would funnily enough make you townier (e.g. the lack of clarity and motivation from you makes you seem genuine/just as confused as I am)

LOL

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I don't feel super strongly about stuff yet it's like

No one
    No one
    Citrus
    Newcomb/cobalt/voxx
    Lyric/reg
    Fluff/vaimes
    Fonti?
    No one

8. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Bleh. I'll start my read.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Does it help to understand me that I'm, like, pretty Willing to be wrong on those things not being important?
    Like if you fill in those blanks on why those things are towny/wouldn't be faked/whatever in a way that does make sense to me I would love to add it to my own feelings and make a more solid townread. Or even be convinced maybe fonti isn't scum afterall..

10. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I mean, fair enough. :/
    --- Post automerged ---

I feel like this is super believable/towny, both in thought process behind the vote and also in terms of where he is at. This would basically be something I would do and type word for word.

--- Post automerged ---
    Regfan I'm townreading because I don't think he's trying to make anything up or saying anything false. I also relate to him pretty heavily (same with Fonti, actually).
    He just straight up says he doesn't have reads in the beginning (#44), his push on Eido and his vote makes a lot of sense to me, it seems like he's genuinely unsure and trying his best to move game forward.

I think Eido/Reg is not w/w, and from their conversations, I believe they truly believe the things they are saying and I can follow their thought processes really clearly. I see it as v/v, and convos such as their alignment disagreement and their suspicions over each other because of it is all easy to follow and understand/plausible.

Newcomb I actually like less on the re-read, and it's not quite the Newcomb I remember. He seems like...I don't even know, harder? Not as purely enthusiastic, he doesn't seem to have made many reads and I think his only townread was Eido. With everyone, he just seems to express suspicion and like, shoot down things that other people find towny.
    @Newcomb I wrote down that you thought fonti/tom were w/w, is that still true?

Cobalt: Pretty null read, I do agree that Eido's comment about not realizing Cobalt's post was his post as towny.
    Also, was townreading Cobalt for a sec because I made that same mistake and thought I mixed Voxx/Cob posts in my head lmao.

"Was it Vaimes who once said we should start to err on the side of lynching Fluff just in case? lol" Get that it's a joke, post still made me uncomfortable.

I think Cobalt/Voxx are also now w/w and I think his post about Eido seeming too self aware came off as a real thought, his thought was well-explained and he had back up quotes.

I think fluff/Voxx interactions are also not w/w, and I still think Voxx is towny for his push and attempt to get more from/around fluff, I see it as proactive town.

I do think fluff's vote and "testing" if anyone would comment probablyy comes more from town than mafia and his questioning of Cobalt was lightly towny, but that's all ehhh and fluff is also a pretty null read. I have in my notes fluff=scummy but I have no idea where that came from so ...

Tom: Really mixed feelings on him. I felt like his thoughts/paranoid on feeling led by fonti into scumreading Eido felt genuine, but my former thoughts still stand and I agree with fonti that he seems like he's mostly responding to reads with something dismissive in a non-contributing way. For example, Reg making reads prefacing them by saying "these are really weak thoughts" or whatever, tom making him explain, then saying "you're right they are terrible". Just..empty responses? tom's general posts are similar to scum!him in Mountainous, but his interactions with me are SO different (in Mountain I was in love with tom, all his interactions with me were super helpful/encouraging, I could follow all his posts and they all made sense/I agreed with them, etc and here I'm like "wat" to every other post) which just makes me ??????
    He also seems like he gives no fucks and that's probably a town indiciation...

Also @tom I don't think my Citrus townread is consensus after reading thread, and now I'm confused?

I did think Reg/Tom interactions seemed genuine and not w/w.

With fonti, I think she's gamesolving and I just basically agree with most of what she's saying (townreading Reg, being confused by tom, etc) which makes me automatically think she's town because my thoughts are real so her thoughts probably are too?

I strongly believe fonti/tom isn't w/w (most other pairs is not hard set for me)

I probably am clearing pairs too easily, but these are mostly consolidated notes so far so room for me to go back.

Also not done with post brb

--- Post automerged ---
    Wait seriously why is my font doing that
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cobalt/eido NOT* w/w
    --- Post automerged ---
    tom I'm null to light reading town* to clarify, but he's still like bottom 4 for me

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

12. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I think valid point and real process.

Real thinking, don't really see motivation for this as scum, pretty towny.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also don't think Eido/tom are w/w.

I also think the Eido dropping his push on Reg was easy to follow and the progression seemed genuine/understandable.
    Eido's posts in general seems notes-y in a way that doesn't seem particularly planned out which also is more town points for me in my book.

Think fonti/Eido and Vaimes/Eido not w/w, and just realized that I basically don't think anyone with Eido is w/w so never mind.

I liked fluff's vote on Newcomb.

Fonti trying to analyze fluff's post number seemed real/towny, like not something scum thinks of as scum?

I'm so sorry about lack of organization, I tried consolidating my shitty note points and this is how it turned out.

More coming, but also rereading everything I guess I'm basically not reading anyone straight-up scummy anymore which obviously means I went wrong somewhere.

Huh
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not finished with consolidating notes, but over it for now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, actually really surprised by people remembering me and @Eidolonic I do know you! I’ve been reading your QT stuff and answers to me from Mountainous and they've all been super helpful
    --- Post automerged ---
    Regfan
    Eidolonic
    fontisian
    Citrus
    Newcomb
    tom
    Vaimes
    his fluffiness
    Cobalt

is probably where I am
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guess tom should be a diff color from Vaimes
    --- Post automerged ---
    Solvery

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

The second half of this, if you meant in general ???

14. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Guess will do ISO of last 5 people soon
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can someone tell me how tom's town and scum games tend to differ?
    --- Post automerged ---
    My brain is basically mush rn.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Just as a heads up Btw, if day ends when it does my last time opening the thread let alone posting for the Day will literally be in ~8 hours

16. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Yeah there's basically no chance I'll be on EoD new time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Reading Worm for the first time <3

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm around here now that I've caught up:

Not voting:
    Eidolonic, his fluffiness

Really don't want to, you'd have to force me to:
    Fontisian, lyric, tom

Sure why not:
    Regfan, cobalt, Newcomb, Vaimes

Regfan, he probably fits in the tier of someone that's strong AND will declare himself after day 1. Wouldn't mind hearing where your head is at wrt fluffiness, cobalt @Regfan
    2. Cobalt I don't feel like I've gotten much from him beyond superficial stuff. Maybe partly due to blocks being actually broken quotes and downgrading him mentally when there weren't remaining blocks?
    3. Newcomb, I suck at reading but I feel like he normally takes more of a driver seat and he hasn't so far this game and its making me feel weird on him. But hes playing multiple games so idk
    4. Vaimes, he sums up as a catch up blast which didn't really ping me much. Like "here are a couple take away stances". But then again he's also someone that declares himself pretty quickly if given the time? Idk, wouldn't mind @fontisian telling me he's town for x/y/z beyond what you've already mentioned

I'm on my phone like all day today (that wasn't fun writing up on my phone either)
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's SO good (pact is also really good imo, had a lot more trouble getting into twig and never finished it)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh I can divulge more on the players (or other) I didn't talk about above if needed, but I otherwise said things the way I did because. Lyric is a movement up a lot following overnight catch up, was otherwise nowhere near that tier before

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Good morning everyone who isn’t font and Eido.

Depending on how this day goes, I’ll see if I need to replace out or not. Fingers crossed.

19. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Why is your HF townread so strong? @Citrus
    --- Post automerged ---
    hi vaimes!

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi Lyric!

I like your posts.