1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I was scumreading him that whole time.

When I thought he was doing something, I re-evaluated.

My re-evaluation has ended up being: he's still scum.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Does it matter? Manasi ghosted us after I outed my check, so she's always scum and Gemma is never with her.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah, I guess. Just feel kind of aimless atm.

4. Dels

Dels Muggle

Okay, I am looking back to my past me's analysis of tom's wolfgame vs towngame

It says: (paraphrased when appropriate)

Wolf Tom - Lots of meaningless commentary, no hard stances, no in-depth thoughts. Wonders about stuff but never acts decisive.
    Town Tom - Takes clear hard stances. When he gives reads, blatantly calls people out as wolfy, or dismisses them as being town.

Wolf Tom - Very reactionary. Quotes other people's discussions and adds his two cents, or responds to questions/posts about himself.
    Town Tom - Goes off on his own tangents - feels like he has thoughts that he just impulsively needs to share with the thread, like he feels we need to know what he's thinking. Lets us know about his worries that we may be ignoring, multiple times. Makes sure to tell us when someone looks bad.

Wolf Tom - Lacks depth, short sentences, one liners, quick justifications, asks questions but never goes anywhere with them
    Town Tom - Has times when he goes really deep, rambles about things and makes catch up posts full of thoughts

Wolf Tom - Votes suspects, and then just muses about them afterwards like saying "I'm annoyed they're not posting more" or commenting on their behaviour
    Town Tom - Votes a suspect, then makes multiple posts explaining exactly why they aren't town. More aggressive.

tl;dr Town tom - more nuance, more forthcoming with thoughts, more decisive, more aggressive

So, based on this description, which Tom do you think we are seeing here?

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

wolf

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Fluff didn't mention Manasi or Jari at all d1. I don't think that's consistent with his scumplay.

7. Dels

Dels Muggle

if tom scum, who maybe 4th?

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Dude, I literally only thought you were a wolf because you weren't posting anything. I'm sorry you haven't been having fun. I wish you'd given yourself some sort of chance.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Idk but at least it justisfies my feeling really pissed off at this game lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I thought it was Umami lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's almost like you've never heard of a person called DLGN.

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

I thought that tom was green'd by the oracle because multiple people kept saying they thought tom was town for vague reasons and I thought someone had hinted something and others had caught it and so I just followed along

10. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

You should ask Tammy in post game about my scum game. :)

11. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@fluff what is your preferred alignment and why?
    At what point on day one did you consider Tom scum for real, and can you quote me the post(s) that you think were AI in this regard? Also talk about your unvote, and what swayed you off at that point.

You started day two with this post:
    What were you initially inclined to believe?

Let’s start with those.
    ~~~~~
    @tom you have a lot of naked/near naked votes day one. Why?
    What stood out about this post from Vaimes:
    That it warranted asking me about it 250ish posts later?

What was your plan with figuring out how Manasi was adapting to DLP wrt this post:

Why the continued “totally this isn’t a readlist” readlists? (I’m not actually sure this is even an AI question, but now I’m just curious).

Okay, that’s the time I have for now, I’ll see you all later!
    When is deadline btw? I kind of stopped paying attention.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Vote: Umami
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is nice to see you finally posting, shadow.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

Wow! It's a new Shadow, with fire!

14. Umami

Umami Squib

I used to be part of the Australia club, now I'm just a part of the why is everyone up at 3:47 a.m. (+/- an hour) club
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gemma! How could you! I'm devastated. Also, just b/c I'm not the oracle doesn't mean I'm not town

Also, I love that people think I could be a witch
    --- Post automerged ---
    Unvote, Vote Dels

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

My preferred alignment is scum, because I have no confidence in myself, so knowing everyone's alignment always makes me less scared to do things.

What really made me believe tom as scum was his series of posts where he gives reads on very superficial reasoning and then plops his vote on gemma.

I posted that I was scumreading tom, and then he had a flurry of activity, which led me to be more lenient on his posts than I should have been. From my experience, wolf tom doesn't do much pushing with reasoning and stuff, so when I saw him start going at gemma, I was hoping that he would do stuff like case her.

I was initially inclined to believe no, witches wouldn't skip their kill and use their Illusion Kill to try and townfirm Newcomb.

16. Umami

Umami Squib

Goodness Cobalt, at least wait until the work day is over before giving shading people lol, but yeah props to you if oracle was the extra witch role and you're just going for it.

I would say promote two options:
    1. Murder Cobalt (this may be a bit defensive on my part :p). There is a 1/3 chance that the witches get oracle, which is actually pretty high. In no particular order of likelihood, option 1a) Cobalt is a witch, threw away oracle role, and now defending fellow witch shadow or 1b) Cobalt is a witch, threw away oracle role, and now defending townie shadow to get some good guy cred; would explain his indecision to claim and potential hesitation?--especially if he worries that undertaker/gravedigger will find out shadow is town and then put more heat on real bad guys. If we murder cobalt, we either kill a witch and find out via undertaker or we kill a townie and find out via undertaker. If we find out he's a townie, we know shadow is def good and shadow hasn't given up their role yet so witches will have a harder time guessing. Cobalt has already given up his role so can easily be role killed either way. Either way, I think it would be a waste to kill shadow now when getting definitive info on cobalt would be more useful. Also, if the witches did get oracle and cobalt is actually hunter, claiming oracle helps him avoid heat once hunter murders a townie instead of manasi
    2. Murder Tom or whoever we think is most sketchy. I still think Dels is a little sketch, but can't really wax poetic. Again, we get info from undertaker if we were right or not and you all have meta reads and what not.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I am apparently too tired to type. Sorry for all the mistakes.

17. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@fluff: what was your first post in reference to?

You’d proported a scum read and vote on Tom for much of the game to the point he made those posts, talk about that read.

If you thought it was unlikely that newcomb was fake killed, why phrase your post the way you did?
    ~~~~~
    Do not like umami’s post. Ick.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

I really don't think Umami is witch lol
    --- Post automerged ---
    sick xpost
    --- Post automerged ---
    what's wrong with umami's post? isn't it so towny?!

19. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Umami: why is your first instinct to kill cobalt here? Especially considering (as you even mention) he’s liable to be role killed at some point.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It’s just so...bad. Like who actually sees an oracle claim like that and thinks “right well, let’s kill the oracle then”?

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

right, exactly, what witch would say that?! must just be a weird townie thought...

(and it's not even that weird, cobalt/shadow w/w is a perfectly natural thing to think honestly)
    --- Post automerged ---
    like when I said that I thought cobalt could still be wolf doing a desperation play

i felt it'd possibly be perceived as defensive and like i'm a wolf angry my mislynch is being taken away and just pushing cobalt because i'm mad

and i think a wolf would realize that. i think wolves are very hesitant to just deny an info claim. they know it's real, so they just naturally feel like they have to say "oh wow! okay then!"
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Tom