1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I would swap Von and Dels in the clears.

2. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

3. fontisian

And if Tom is scum, fluff is probably just town. I can't see him just leaving a vote on a scummate all day and doing nothing with it.

I would go with killing tom -> Kai -> fluff(only if tom is town) -> Dels -> Umami -> M Plus 7

I don't know, I don't feel /good/ about any of those kills except for tom. Looking over the votes, I do think my reasoning on Kai being town for not switching off Jari is weak, because the Jari wagon was so abrupt and there weren't a lot of viable alternatives.
    --- Post automerged ---
    As a reminder, if the dob claims, you should wait until mylo or lylo (taking the extra kill one scum gets into account) and then kill them. This allows us to get two kills in the poe for one.

4. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Everybody alive even including Tom has a decent case to be town, which is annoying. :( I generally agree with your PoE, and agree Fluff is close to cleared on a Tom scum flip.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @fontisian I wanna ask you this specifically

is it better for hunter to *also* kill within the PoE, and let another killing role kill Manasi later?

The logic behind that is it stops wolves from getting two kills, because one wolf is always alive. I don't think its actually viable, but its been a strat I've been mulling over in my head and figured I should at least mention
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think the main problem with it is if we kill two scum and Manasi stacks the kills, and it could eventually screw us. I haven't thought about the numbers, and I think the safer play is to just hunter shoot Manasi I guess.

5. fontisian

It's something we've thought about before. Personally, I think keeping a witch around is bad for morale, both for the town and the witch. I don't think I've ever actually been in a game of witchhunt (online at least) where we had to contend with a witch getting multiple double kills off. Generally, the team has already collapsed enough by that point that it's an easy win, or we get rolled by multiple witches. I think there's also value if we do get to the point of having double kills two nights in a row, because the knowledge that we did kill three witches will help the town deal with the paranoia that might come up later in the game. There's also the chance we fuck up and get overrun because we didn't kill the outed witch. Finally, I don't want to give the hunter a blank check to shoot whoever they. I'd prefer it to be a black and white scumclaim or not-a-scumclaim.

So, yeah, even though there's mechanical value in keeping an outed witch around, I don't think it's worthwhile.

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

sorry i'm just a bit moody because like, i was really proud of catching jari day 1 and to have not just one but two people say it could just be a bus is sort of morale-breaking

i argued for voting jari over shadow day 1 and then (and fonti you remember this!) i argued for voting manasi over shadow day 2. and while i admit i was still fine with a shadow lynch both times, i still feel pretty good about that and i'm sad to be PoE anyway despite it, but i'm aware it's because occam's razor means the claims/scans are likely town and so are gemma/vaimes and so the PoE is what it is. and hell, i can't honestly say i'm townier than people like kai and mplus and umami, so... it is what it is.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

?

8. fontisian

Changed my mind.

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

Is this because Manasi showed up and asked for a catch up and I told her she was red peeked when I should've, as town, maybe just not said it, in case she really didn't know and might spew?

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Why?
    --- Post automerged ---
    0% chance she didn't know.

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yeah probably. I just felt maybe silly about that. I'm not really the type to lie though and I am the type to give people what they ask for so.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway Gemma you are (as usual) the only thing keeping me sane so thanks for everything, and uh, yeah.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's a lie, I haven't stayed sane, come to think of it.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Why does it mean so much to you for to be townread atm?
    --- Post automerged ---
    for you to be
    --- Post automerged ---
    Same.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

I feel like I just explained it in my previous post. There's nothing else other than what I said there.

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'm autistic and don't always understand things that seem obvious to others, especially how people are feeling. Is it because you think you're being denied recognition? You're proud of catching Jari, but other people think you were bussing, therefore they don't really think you were catching him, so what you did feels worthless to you? So you have less inspiration to catch other witches, because you're afraid that people won't value it anyway?

15. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yes that's exactly it except for the last part. (Everything except for the final sentence "So you have less inspiration..." is correct) I don't think my inspiration is lesser for other witches, I feel fine in that regard.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What helped me when I felt like that was to just focus on post-game and remember that people would know later, and also to remember that people are imperfect and it's not their fault that they don't know your alignment. (Also, I adjusted my process for pushing people, now I always try to make myself unaligned with the people I push, so it doesn't really come up anymore.)

17. Dels

Dels Muggle

Thanks Gemma. I will be okay. Like I said, I am one of the handful who have no role mechanical related reason to be town. So it is only natural I become PoE.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well that was a day
    --- Post automerged ---
    The fuck?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Got it.
    Oracle check on shadow.

I was so fucking confused.

K gotta figure out if shadow/cobalt are w/w or...
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote fluff
    For now
    --- Post automerged ---
    First response to shadow:
    About silver?
    Certainly not possible to find his peek if real. It would be silver if you were looking. No idea if cobalt would soft.
    Doesn't otherwise interact with shadow early, but they weren't really in thread simultaneously afaict
    --- Post automerged ---
    Next chunk no mention of shadow. Kinda vibing "Oracle as planned fake claim (it's always discarded if witches get it, right?) but was supposed to be on silverslot" if hes scum
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is the comedic version of 3 musketeers
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah bunch of vague townreading eachother, some interactions that go nowhere.

Wanna go read after synchronized shadow cases see if theres anything there, but gonna call jari/manasi/cobalt/shadow a viable team

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Vote: tom

20. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

*collapses*

Okay, I'm shirking everything else except teaching tomorrow (and at least getting some sleep now) and playing this fucking game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If someone is actually here and wants to real time for a little bit, let me know. I'm going to try reading back a bit quickly.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The Gemma and Dels conversation that took place recently very much reads town/town to me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Aaaaaand... shit, my eyes. I'll be back after a bit of sleep, then expect me to be here as much as I reasonably can before EoD.