1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

“With extreme prejudice” is an expression. I’m not being emotional lol.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

This.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

So you don’t feel like he’s been openwolfing at all and just intending on getting it over with this phase if that’s the team?

Because I think it’s the team.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

If the last two witches are manasi and Kai, why is the game even still going on?

Regardless, if that's the team the game is literally already over so it's not really worth spending more time talking about.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Mmkay.

Well if he doesn’t fire at the wishes of town today I will not rest until the end of the game to see him dead so just keep that in mind I guess. I do not mind being annoying if y’all are just content to ignore that I might be right.

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

I mean, there are a lot of posts from Kai that don't make any sense unless he is openwolfing.

Of course, sometimes things don't make sense. It's confusing.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I’m simultaneously pulled in one direction by the part of me that is loyal to priest Fonti and her ability to read people like Kai who I usually find extremely neutral and difficult to read PLUS the mechanical game sense to know Kai should always trigger today if he’s town, and in the other direction by flyby posts like the one about the nurse going on a musketeer which makes a lot of sense if Kai is town and going to die regardless.

But the amount of “this is openwolfing” posts this phase severely outnumber the “okay MAYBE he could be town here or he wouldn’t be faking it this hard?” posts.

I think I’m gonna stick with the Font and mechanics thing so that she can rub it in Vaimes and Newcomb’s collective face in postgame and yell at them for not listening to her once she died.

Hope angel chat is fun xoxo
    --- Post automerged ---
    Kai fits positioning for tom’s partner here. He does not commit to him in either direction and has him as low priority assuming we would look into his higher priority targets if he flipped witch.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also the “Kai would probably fit as 4th in wolfcobalt / townshadow but that isn’t realistic” is a way to hedge talking about Kai as a potential witch without giving us anything likely to think about.

Kai also seemed to push the Wolf Cobalt world for awhile until he realized I had too much traction and then he started trying to make me lay off.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like looking back at Tom’s posts, Kai is the most likely out of ANY of the PoE to fit as fourth in Jari/Manasi/Tom/x

Vaimes can say “Kai wouldn’t bother” all he want but if Kai can manage as LC to avoid claiming, and push town away from a scenario that outs his role and put him at the top of the list to resolve, he would have to do that as a witch, and that’s exactly what he attempted.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Passive Tom defense.

Active Tom defense.

So, the pressure on Jari here is interesting because if Kai rolls wolf with Jarizok/Tom/Manasi, he’s probably pretty sure he’s going to be one of, if not the last witch alive given that Jari is a pretty controversial player and a commonplace early lynch and Tom is Tom.

So being one of the earlier voters before Jari gained traction makes sense. If he gets lynched D1, Kai is in a position for maximum distancing, and if he doesn’t, Kai was on him D1 for credit if/when he flips in later phases.

He also wasn’t expecting a red check on his team N2. He may have been more conservative with his pressure here if he had any idea who the priest might be.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, and also, “I’ll keep Manasi in mind for later!”

Lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    See, this makes sense because I’m getting worked at from multiple angles by the witch team. Manasi went for the pocket by praising my entrance and achieved the pocket, while Kai puts pressure on me early without committing too hard. This lets the team be flexible and set up an angle at least with me, so that whichever way the thread consensus winds up about me (I tend to sometimes be emotional and controversial as well so it makes sense), they have someone to push it from either direction.

I’ll have to look for some more of these angle setups from the rest of the wolf team. From my end, it feels VERY deliberate and planned.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, I’m scum all game until I’m pushing Kai firing as the world that makes the most sense.

Then I’m just town and wrong, and that’s frustrating.

Right?
    --- Post automerged ---
    This kind of pressure was part of the reason I went with the Oracle thing because people who were saying I was weird around the commitment to that read would have a more solid basis for it.

But Kai knows I’m town here, but more importantly knows NEWCOMB is town so he’s TMI’ing in a way to push me as scummy for being realistic about options as far as Newcomb’s N1 thing went.

Vaimes was thinking it first and did he get any shame or pressure from Kai because of it? No. He did the same “scummy” thing as me and it got no mention, because Kai is trying to set up my mislynch throughout most of his ISO.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So this is particularly interesting considering Kai’s potential of knowing Jarizok was a witch. He proposes a way to identify Jarizok’s alignment without a gravedigger claim as per Vaimes, by identifying if Newcomb had a protection role.

It could be a way to feel out WHICH protection role Newcomb was, so his team could work around it.

But also, he pushed for the GD to claim. So the witch team WANTED us to know that Jarizok was a witch. Probably so that they could identify the other two musketeers to potentially direct future KP away from their direction. That makes a lot of sense in retrospect.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Y’all, Kai’s entire ISO is screaming last witch. I did what was asked and stopped focusing on mechanics and read him for alignment and that’s the conclusion I’m coming to. Tell me why I’m wrong because I don’t think I am
    --- Post automerged ---
    This was VERY strategically placed during D3 discussion after Manasi survived so that we would postulate witch Hunter worlds in which she didn’t actually get shot.

Giving us new info to latch onto and be like HUH this could be it!!! to steer us away from his role being in the last slot of the team.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyone wanna filler me so I can do Manasi's ISO and not still be walling? Thxxxxx

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Cobalt witches already knew musketeers.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

O shit lol.

Is that really your only thing to point out from that whole wall?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Could be possible that knowing Jari was a witch and Vaimes / Gemma were the other two musketeers that they wanted the two of them out in the open so they'd still be easier to direct their shots.
    --- Post automerged ---
    "Uncomfortable" with lynching Jarizok lol

lol, Manasi knew EXACTLY how run-up Jarizok was but tried to get traction on Shadow anyway.

This is one of the other reasons why I felt shadow was town D2.

This was Manasi refusing to switch to Jari until SLIGHTLY AFTER deadline.

If the votes were where town thought they were, they needed Manasi's vote to secure soft lynch. Manasi knew this. Didn't vote Jari until it wouldn't count so that it could potentially go to judge who could miss.

Shadow also unlikely with Jari/Manasi.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oops, I forgot to post the first half of my Manasi thing first.
    --- Post automerged ---
    **FIRST HALF OF MANASI ISO PLS READ THE ABOVE PART LAST**

Manasi pocketing me in her entrance post.

I'll elaborate on this but this is setting up on a Dels pocket that fails and she eventually winds up pushing him.

This is actually FUCKING HILARIOUS because Silver had a GOAT read in the first few pages of Day One of Fonti / Manasi unaligned and Manasi more likely witch in the pair and she attempts to discredit it based on it being one post, but he was 100% accurate. I'm laughing.

"Dels is someone whose alignment is pretty obvious later in the game, I wouldn't feel comfortable committing to a read this early"

Sets up a way to un-write "I can't commit to a read this early" by giving a reason why she'd read him wolf.

Oop, there we go.

Ignoring Tom because he's her partner.

This is Manasi being extremely self-aware about what she's doing outside of witch chat. "Tom read a bunch of my posts and didn't have a read on me and then told me to shhh when he doesn't know me enough" = "my partner isn't distancing convincingly so I need to point out how weird that looks otherwise I'll look bad for it later"

This is just Manasi being run up early and getting frustrated about it because the read on her is correct.

But I think the above posts mean Dels is pretty much never with Manasi.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, just a side note, this is not how a partner reacts to Manasi's lolcat that shortly after she posts it.

They're not teamed.
    --- Post automerged ---

Psssssst.

This is because LC is the last witch and leaving Manasi alive is the only way they can pull off a surprise LC + last stand for a mechanical win in lategame.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @his fluffiness

More filler pls.

Also, you could like, talk about my posts and stuff. I'm seeing Dels and Shadow as the very least likely in PoE to be teamed with exactly Jari/Tom/Manasi so if it happens to not be Kai I'mma kill u dead.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Newcomb @Vaimes @Disquieted

Sanity check? But I think the above ISOs make a lot of sense for a Jari/Manasi/Tom/Kai team.

I know some of you may think Kai's a villager but I think I made a pretty strong case for it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Dels @shadowlancerx

What are your thoughts on the above as well? Interactions put you both as less likely team members, so do you see where I'm coming from on Kai? Are you in favor of triggering him into Manasi today and lynching him if he refuses?

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Cobalt, there really isn't any need for a case.

If Kai is the last witch then the game is over. He is literally never going to survive to endgame. Even if he's town, he knows he has to fire eventually.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Newcomb

This was the beginning of toDay.

What changed?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm just trying to make sure we don't get fucked over here somehow, last minute, with someone like Kai doing something super weaselly.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay whatever I'm just bored and this game feels more than over but it's still going because Kai won't fire so it's giving me too much time to feel like I should be doing work or proving something.

Meh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway Fluff is the next lynch if Kai popping off somehow doesn't end it.

Dels/Shadow have too many unaligns from the witch team for me to consider them first over Fluff.

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I mean if you think I could be scum with tom, then I don't know what to say.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Newcomb

Don't answer that. A lot changed after that post, so nvm.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think you're scum with anyone honestly I think it's just Kai plain and simple and the game is just over and he's delaying the inevitable.

But if for SOME reason it winds up not being him I saw a lot more w/r/t Manasi and Shadow / Dels that I saw as pretty hard unaligns compared to you and Tom which is just like, you're you and Tom is Tom so you can't show me something and say "we're not partnered because of this" because I probably just won't believe you. Lol.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Cobalt, how do you feel about m+7?

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh. I kind of forgot he exists.

Once he claimed fanatic I started looking in the other four of you for the last witch.

He’s been the most underwhelming out of anyone. I’d kill him before you actually.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway if the game is over soon sorry for being a bit gloat-y at times and rubbing noses in it. I got frustrated earlier in the phase and felt a little discredited.

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

Looks like a nice case. Don't have time to read but I skimmed. Nice work if it is Kai.

17. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

We are all disquieted at heart, Cobalt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I’ll read the case in my off time)

18. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I think the game seems to be going pretty well, although I will admit to being relatively overwhelmed by the high emphasis on mechanics.

Just based on pretty low-effort reads on my end I think...

Almost Certainly Town
    Cobalt
    Dels
    Gemma/Disquieted
    Newcomb
    Umami
    Vaimes

Probably Town
    Kai

Maybe Town or Final Scum
    Fluff
    Shadow

Outed Scum
    Manasi

I think that's everyone?
    --- Post automerged ---
    With that said, I admire Cobalt's effort and his points re: Kai do make me now wonder more there, even if I thought their back and forth seemed pretty town v. town earlier.

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Consider the following:
    Here's a viable alternative explaination from your pov: Moron Loose Cannon does a d1 push on his Musketeer scumbuddy for not understanding that he often gets mislynched d1.

[​IMG]

This post happened day 1.

Player known for worldbuilding and mechanical optimization in WH games posts worldbuilding and mechanical optimization in a WH game. Let's read into this.

I know this post doesn't actually achieve anything but it was low effort and entertaining

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

It is entertaining, yes.