1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Dels

Dels Muggle

For the record I still have no suspects other than Shadow and I still don't have anything to post about.

If it weren't Shadow, I'd have to consider either Mplus or Fluff I guess. MPlus not much to go on but I do admit I was always surprised that MPlus flipped from Shadow to Jari, but I don't see the scum motivation. Fluff hasn't seemed scummy in any way so uh it's strictly PoE if I voted that way tomorrow, but, I don't... think Fluff is scum? But there's no real reason he has to be town I guess, he could just have good tone plus massive distancing? I never thought Gemma was scum and Disquieted hasn't given me a reason to change that. Newcomb meh, whatever, mechanically speaking, town, sure, I guess. Who else is there? Vaimes? Meh, if Vaimes was scum I'd assume someone at some point in the game would've noticed it. Also the Jari interactions.

tl;dr it's shadow and if not then i guess i'd vote someone else
    --- Post automerged ---
    I pointed out an opinion of his that he had yesterday that he's portrayed slightly differently today, and he explained it's because he changed his mind on it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Shadow
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh and I didn't mention Cobalt but that's whatever because he's the guaranteed lynch tomorrow

2. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Oh, got it now.

Anyway, might as well do this for now.

Vote: Shadow

3. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

I'm reading through the thread from the start again and it still feels like it's a choice of two people, shadow and Dels. There's a lot of insidious w/w interactions between the flipped witches and shadow. Maybe it's Vaimes but a lot of of what he's said feels more in line with what I have expected from town!Vaimes, though I don't have a lot of interactive experience with him, and his (town)reads on Jarizok and Manasi are very strange-ish from a witch.

4. Dels

Dels Muggle

Townreads on Jari and Manasi, you say?

You say "strange", I say "wait vaimes was townreading two witches? hmmmmm"

Was he townreading tom?

5. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

For whatever my opinion is worth, Vaimes is one of the town reads I feel best about if anything.

6. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

I don't remember, he could have been. In general you should take everything I report with a grain of salt, heh.

It's the structure of the reads though, they're very open and without much explanation that they don't justified at all to be partnering reads.

7. Dels

Dels Muggle

You can case me if you'd like but I will remain adamant until my dying breath that what I did to Jari was super great and worthy of just as much towncred as Kai's case and Mplus's vote.

And I also had nice interactions with Manasi and I turned on her pretty quickly during day 1 and insisted to vote her day 2 before the scan got revealed.

I was townreading tom for a while though. I did turn on him as the general tide turned on him so I don't deserve credit there, but I'm happy with my contributions either way.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hell, I convinced MPlus to vote Jari over Shadow.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gosh, where's Umami when you need them. Umami would take my side.

Umami would take my side and then vote me, granted.

But they'd still take my side, and that's what counts!

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

True. I suppose it really just comes down to reads.
    Probably a good idea for us all. I'm torn between not wanting to put the effort in if it's shadow, and not wanting to phone it in if it's not, since I likely die tonight in that world.

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

8 alive now
    we lynch gemma or vaimes
    that's 7 alive
    at night, 2 kills and musketeer go off
    for 3 kills total

next day starts with 4 alive

lynch cobalt and kill someone

so yeah, unless i'm being dumb, we can just lynch gemma or vaimes today and use the other one's kill at night, instead of lynching?

and it doesn't put us in any worse of a position?

it's just extra extra caution just in case one of the two is a witch, we can lynch them in case

10. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Musketeer is a day kill.

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

...Ah.

12. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

thanks newcomb

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

Hence the "doesn't the musketeer die at night then" comment

Yes

So, no lynch musky

got it
    --- Post automerged ---
    I checked shadow's ISO because I was curious and he didn't give a single read on who he thought the last scum was yesterday

14. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

@shadowlancerx who's the last scum
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah reading through Day 1 in its entirety I'm swinging pretty hard on the shadow side of things. Of particular not-obvious interest is that Manasi really didn't care that day which really leads to both wagons being w/w.

I'm done for the day, catch you tomorrow for Day 2 or something. Don't really feel like quoting anything but there's a few weirdly linked progressions on shadow by 2/3 witches that I can't remember the names of. Like they mention him in one post and then retract the read in the next few posts.

Uh. Yeah. That's very descriptive.

15. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Votal 1.1.3

shadowlancerx (4) - Newcomb, fontisian, Gemma, Vaimes
    Vaimes (2) - Cobalt, Jarizok
    Dels (2) - Silvercrys3467, Umami
    Manasi (1)- tom
    tom (1) - his fluffiness
    Cobalt (1) - KaiDASH
    Silvercrys3467 (1) - Dels

Not Voting (3) - Manasi, shadowlancerx, M Plus 7

______

Votal 1.1.4

tom (4) - his fluffiness, dels, gemma, newcomb
    Vaimes (3) - Cobalt, Jarizok, xshadowlancerx
    shadowlancerx (2) - fontisian, Vaimes
    Dels (2) - muzjik, Umami
    jarizok (1) - kaiDASH
    Gemma (1) - tom

Not Voting (3) - M Plus 7, manasi

______

Votal 1.1.5

Vaimes (4) - Cobalt, xshadowlancerx, dels, jarizok
    xshadowlancerx (2) - fontisian, newcomb
    Dels (2) - muzjik, Umami
    jarizok (2) - kaiDASH, gemma
    tom (1) - his fluffiness
    Gemma (1) - tom, Vaimes

Not Voting (3) - M Plus 7, manasi

______

Votal 1.1.6

jarizok (5) - kaiDASH, gemma, dels, fontisian, vaimes
    Vaimes (3) - Cobalt, xshadowlancerx, jarizok
    xshadowlancerx (1) - newcomb
    Dels (2) - muzjik, Umami
    tom (1) - his fluffiness
    cobalt (1) - Tom

Not Voting (2) - M Plus 7, manasi

______

jarizok (5) - kaiDASH, gemma, dels, vaimes, m+7
    xshadowlancerx (4) - newcomb, fonti, fluff, umami
    Dels (2) - muzjik, cobalt
    Vaimes (2) - shadowlancerx, jarizok
    cobalt (1) - Tom

Not Voting (1) - manasi

_______

EOD Votal

jarizok (9) - newcomb, kaiDASH, gemma, dels, vaimes, M Plus 7, fontisian, his fluffiness, Tom
    Vaimes (2) - xshadowlancerx, jarizok
    xshadowlancerx (2) - manasi, Umami
    Dels (2) - Cobalt, muzjik

Quick glance through that, and Dels kinda stands out. If shadow's a villager, his votes end up looking pretty... positional? He's basiclaly always on the lead wagon. Don't quite know what to make of that.

I think the real interesting votal here is the 2nd to last one, where it was still a tipping point between Jari/shadow.

It's like... if shadow's a wolf there, Jari's a musketeer, shadow's the judge. And both of them are together on Vaimes? tom/manasi aren't firing up the bus on shadow? You'd want to save the musketeer there, right? Like. That's a whole KP you're ceding to villagers, or at the very least you're not getting it yourself.

Like... if shadow's a witch and you color his name red on that votal that's a hard hikes for wolves. It would fit the tenor of the game, but like. Really?

For ~most games, most of the time, you'd really expect to find a busser in that [gemma, dels, vaimes, m+7] block.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What do people think about this post, in the context of tom knowing a) Cobalt is a villager and b) they'd tossed Oracle. Specifically for what it means for shadow's alignment?

16. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

If we’re in a world where it’s not just m7 then I don’t even know.

While recognizing that I’m going to be endlessly stuck in PoE, would kindly ask not to be lynch today cause just the thought of being mislynched feels violating after actually getting that second wind.

Not really full of energy and tomorrow is gonna be busy so I won’t really have time to dig in here until Monday.

17. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

My assumption was it proves that Cobalt is in fact a villager and they tossed oracle. What it means for shadow's alignment is too hard to tell for me. Perhaps I'm unintelligent.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

@ Newcomb, about that votal:

Remember that shadow had recently indicated suspicion on Jari. This is after I pointed out Jari's progression, and shadow agreed that Jari seemed scummy. But shadow was okay sitting on the same wagon as Jari. I know you're just looking at numbers, but shadow's reads made no sense in context. (Though shadow did say Jari could've been scared into bussing Vaimes, which is also, uhhhhhh)
    --- Post automerged ---

Also I am kind of ????? about this, on a personal level

Like it feels sort of uh, not great? For you to have been like "I really don't understand why you suspect Shadow" "But how does Shadow fit in with that team?" all day yesterday and then to be like "oh I'm actually reading day 1 and yes I see it now"

--- Post automerged ---
    hey look newcomb i did the formatting error too

we can all link to profiles
    --- Post automerged ---
    but also yes newcomb i voted more than half the playerlist at some point d1 tbh, the vote counts seem to miss a bunch of them

19. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Dels, your reasoning made no sense. It still makes no sense, and I stand by it. So I don't really care.

Dels has been very free-flowy this entire game. He's moved his suspicions towards where he feels where it's correct and moved where he wants it. I can't tell you whether that's scummy or townie and more of a indication of his mindset this month. What I can tell you is why he's on top of every lynch wagon - it's because he ends up seeing the reasoning or talking himself into it.

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'm sorry, what are you talking about? What reasoning made no sense?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also damn I don't care what anyone says anymore, I feel good about voting Jari day 1. I caught a scum! I'm happy about it! I found something weird, I analyzed it, I did the iso, I called it out, and it was right. It feels really good. You can believe that I'd just talk myself into any "top wagon" but I'll give myself credit and that's all that matters.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like I'm not gonna feel bad if this vote-hopping opinion-changing style led to me succesfully voting 3 scum

I coulda just stuck with the early townread on Manasi for tone the whole game but I gave it a chance

I voted, I believe, all of my early top townreads? If you look at my first list and who I called town, I voted all but 1 of them or something because I stayed open-minded, instead of being stagnant. I'm pretty darn happy about it since I usually have problems reeavaluating early town reads!