1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'll concede that in the easy world, witches probably banked on Newcomb not being exactly the Gambler and just got really unlucky.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like it's literally the only role that could have stopped them.

rip
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway, okay.

We're back to killing shadow and MP7.

Unvote, vote MP7
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think Dels should be cleared, and possibly fluff.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It was a priest hunt, they literally intended on getting rid of the person with the most accurate reads who would definitely check them IF they were priest.

Of course they weren’t banking on him being Gambler, and even then he would’ve had to choose Odd also. The odds were so small but they managed to whiff it.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I highly doubt they thought he was the Priest.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not that it really matters.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Witch Shadow definitely claims D2 when he’s being run up though. Claims anything, instead of just knowing he’s judge and that judge isn’t one of the roles people were saying should claim if they were being lynched and being honest about not being one of those roles.

He doesn’t check out like that if he’s a witch especially before I claim Oracle and they have a fakeclaimable role.
    --- Post automerged ---
    No but if he was, out of everyone he’d be most likely to get a red check.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I disagree with a Fluff clear. If it were anyone but Tom and Fluff I’d say the way they were at each other was not aligned, but it’s Tom and Fluff. So.

5. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I don't really feel like it matters what I say. Cobalt is dead wrong about me and won't even engage me on anything.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

See, the thing is, I don’t have any particular strong opinion on why you are a witch.

I just think literally everyone else has stronger reasons on why they aren’t.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like there’s literally not enough content from your slot to analyze you or make a definitive read. You’ve done next to nothing and mostly echoed the sentiments of others as far as thread flow was going.

That does track with a demotivated witch whose team got rolled as hard as they did.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Interesting take.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

But for the purpose of the benefit of the doubt, @M Plus 7 can you please do some analysis on who you think the fourth is? What do you think about potential witch musketeer worlds, and if one of them was a witch, who would it be and why? Who else in the PoE do you think is the most likely teammate, I know you suspect Shadow, but what are YOUR reasons that don’t just emulate everyone else’s?

9. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

You didn't answer a question I posed at you. You're tunneling.

I also think that your underlined statement is false, but that's fine. I concede that I haven't been nearly as much of a presence this game as I'd like to have been. If you think that's due to my alignment, you do you, but it's pretty one-dimensional.

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Not to undercut your point, Cobalt, but I definitely wasn't 3 for 3 D1 unless shadow's a witch. I was on shadow and manasi, but while I gave Kai props for the Jari case I came down on the side of "surely Jari would know not to post something that bad as a witch", although not enough to go to bat for not lynching him. My D1 stance was "kill Jair or shadow, either one is fine, prefer shadow."

The vote on tom you quoted was more of a joke vote to get Muz to talk about his reads, not any real suspicion. My stance on tom this game was mostly "he's so flat that he can't possibly be a witch because he enjoys wolfing more than this." I wasn't hard defending him or anything but I think I'd have to count that one as a miss.

Anyway, I don't think Dels is a witch here, but @Vaimes the whole "closing off mislynches" thing doesn't really hold up when you're in this kind of a gamestate where the last witch needs just two mislynches and the town's looking at a pretty open field after shadow. Remember Eido in the 100? He just kept hammering reasons why you and I and Mp7 were villagers, but the day before he shot me I made the point that it didn't really matter because at the end of the day we're going to lynch /someone/ and as long as that someone wasn't him, he was advancing his wincon.

I don't think it's Dels here, though. I just really don't buy him being with manasi.

I think if it's not shadow, it's Fluff or Mp7. Fluff has "weakly pushing tom all game." Mp7 has "voted for Jari at a critical time." Neither of them have much else.

GemmaSB and Vaimes have both been pretty consistent, activity/tone wise (well Gemma was until she was gone but you know what I mean.) Gemma's got some strong unalignment with manasi, and Vaimes had the him/Jari interactions, and both of them had pretty solid stamps of approval from fonti (unless I'm misremembering her legacy).

In terms of non-shadow worlds, I think I'd rank it like Mp7 > fluff > Gemmaslot > Vaimes > Dels.

When you really lay it out though idk. If it's not shadow then no one else really /feels/ right and with 3 known witches the last one should kinda slot into place if you think of them as a witch.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I missed that question, I’ll go look for it. Sorry if you thought I was ignoring you.

I’m not tunneling though because I have no strong convictions you’re a witch. I just think everyone else is more likely town than you are at this moment.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean, IF Shadow is a witch then yes that’s the case from his angle as well, but I also believe Shadow to be much more villager than you given how strongly I asserted that throughout literally everything I’ve done this game.

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I think it's shadow mostly due to POE. In my interactions with Dels this game I felt like we worked together on Day 1 and did some mindmelding, and I think his perspectives seem pretty townie to me. I'd say you, Newcomb, Gemma/Disquieted, and Vaimes all ooze town as well -- I spoke to Vaimes when I ISOd him early in the game, and the rest all are clearly investigative. Fluff just seems like low-key town to me, although admittedly I don't feel as strongly about that as I do the other reads.

When I hopped super late into the game on Day 1 I thought Shadow looked scummy; you can go back in my ISO and check that out. I think those observations still stand for what they were anyway.

I don't really put any stock in why you've been claiming he's town, although I understand why you do.

I also think Shadow never really had a "second wind" and his coming in today just shrugging "it must be MP7" without having said anything about me (as far as I'm aware anyway, I have missed some of the game, so correct me if I'm wrong) reads pretty opportunistic.

Given I've never played WH, and mechanics are and always have been my weakness as a mafia player, I can't say I have any helpful insights on any of that stuff.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

^I believe that’s the question you asked that I missed, right?
    --- Post automerged ---
    @M Plus 7

Good start, now please go into the witch Musketeer world that I asked of you.

14. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

It's okay, you're fine. I'm just feeling dejected and unsure what to do. I don't feel like anything I really do matters at this point, which is what it is; I get why it is the case, but it puts me in an awkward position now that I actually do have a bit more time to devote to the game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I frankly don't even remember who the Musketeers are. Who are they again?

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote shadow

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@M Plus 7

Vaimes and Disquieted (r. Gemma) are the other two Musketeers. Jarizok was one but is dead.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think after Jarizok died we collectively unaligned Vaimes and Gemma with him, but I’m not sure if that was the best thing to do without more deeply considering partner worlds with two witch Musketeers.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And also, with all due respect, this is the lack of effort and awareness that befits a demotivated witch.

Derpclear denied.

17. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Got it, thanks.

I don't really think either of them is the final scum here, but I haven't given it adequate enough thought. If I had to do a quick GTH and pick one of the two of them as scum, I guess I'd say Gemma/Disquieted, but... hmmmm. If I had to I guess right now I'd rank everyone like this (from least likely to be the final scum to most):

Dels
    Vaimes
    Cobalt
    Disquieted
    Newcomb
    Fluff
    Shadow

Are you particularly concerned that one of the musketeers is scum?
    --- Post automerged ---
    With that said, if anyone through Dels-->Newcomb is scum, I'd be pretty surprised.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Not that I’m particularly concerned, just that I’m not willing to lose to that and want to explore it fully.

19. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

No worries, I just can't remember all the claims. Mechanics are not my thing, and I am aware how not involved I've been, which certainly compounds the matter. This is not my kind of game, lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Got it, that makes sense. I mean, I can do some ISO digging. Is there anyone in particular you think I should look at?
    --- Post automerged ---
    That question goes for anyone. What can I do with my available time that would be most efficient for contributing to a win? I don't want to waste any efforts. And as much as reading the whole thread sounds great, I don't think I have the time for it, nor do I think it'll be particularly efficient.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, I genuinely want to actually help the town win this game, but I don't know what purpose I serve in this team. Someone tell me. I don't care. I just want to do something productive with what time I can devote now.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@M Plus 7

If what you need is to be told how best to help, I’m comfortable doing that.

Explore a world where one of Vaimes or Disquieted (Gemma) is the last witch. Which one fits into the Manasi/Tom/Jari team better, and why?

Go through the rest of the PoE, being Fluff/Shadow/Dels. Really pick out their ISOs and examine posts and figure out which one has the most likelihood to be teamed with those three. Don’t just write it off as Shadow, do the work and consider all possibilities.