1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I appreciate it. I just don't know what would be the most valuable, so I'm okay with being "assigned" something to do. If providing my perspective here would actually be significant, then I'm happy to at least give it a go.

I'll keep in mind that Manasi/Tom/Jari are the team specifically.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Weighing the perspectives of everyone in the PoE is important to consider, because we don’t want to write off someone’s opinion. We can then consider whether it makes the most sense coming from that person as town or scum, but considering that anyone could be town we don’t want to ignore anything that anyone has to say.

3. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Well, I agree with that.

Note that today I'll be busy off and on, but otherwise I'll just start chugging through some ISOs.

4. Dels

Dels Muggle

pretty sure that was newcomb expressing annoyance at muz rather than a super srs tom vote
    --- Post automerged ---
    but the day wasn't even close to over? a townie wouldn't be claiming that early
    --- Post automerged ---
    also yeah if i was a witch there's no reason for me not to call mplus and fluff town and "rule them out" because when tomorrow comes around i'd still have no choice but to say "uh, guess it is one of mplus or fluff, i was wrong" and that'd be understandable

and yes i'm aware it's a really really weird play for the wolves to no-kill night 1 just to clear wolfcomb instead of trying to kill priest but fluff and mp7 are just towny and newcomb isn't, so what can i say. it's not like i have any strong feeling he's a wolf, i think shadow is. but if there weren't mechanics right now, i'd be suspecting him, and you know i don't like basing things on mechanics if they're not 100% locked. i'm not planning to do anything with this. if the game doesn't end today, i can't tell you how i'll feel tomorrow.
    --- Post automerged ---
    but for newcomb to do that, he (and his team) would basically have to believe "we can't win this game, we need to do something really big"

which, sure, maybe, manasi was suspected day 1, newcomb had only really myself and gemma doubting him, and tom was in a good spot. so idk if it really makes sense instead of, y'know, trying to kill the priest.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

meep

shadow (4): Dels, MP7, Vaimes, fluff
    MP7 (1): Cobalt

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Did anyone notice manasi, Jari, or tom setting anyone up for an Oracle green? I just had the thought that since they tossed that role, they might have had the forethought to set up a partner for a potential claim down the line.

7. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Jari put Umami up in townreads really early, if I remember correctly. Tom had a few readlists, maybe one could see an oracle green in his Day 1 posting.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

This pill is getting increasingly hard to swallow since you're defending shadow for reasons I still don't understand.

Dude's a ghost.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, you need to answer this in a non-dodgy way sometime toDay, instead of swinging the question onto MP7.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I switched to MP7.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eh whatever.

Unvote, vote Cobalt

For the memes.

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

Cobalt doesn't really need to do anything, tbh.

He is tomorrow's lynch 100%. It doesn't matter if we think he's town or scum.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, but I still want him to answer.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I will look very closely for this when I do a massive re-read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What am I answering?
    --- Post automerged ---

Oh, is it this?

If we are in an unlikely world where there is a witch Musketeer, it's most likely Disquieted and not you.

Gemma has fooled me in the past and I usually read you pretty accurately, plus you become a wet noodle when your team gets wrecked.

Disquieted also had some things that pinged me that I think I wrote off or didn't explore because I was committed to the both of you being town at the time. I'll consider those as well.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I just like, want the game to be easy, but I also don't want a PoE of MP7>Fluff to lose us the game.

An angel save would give us some wiggle room, but I think regardless of whether or not we can get saves, we should plan on no lynching for D5.

With a save or without, with two potential NKs D5 is definitely MYLO so we no lynch and allow the witches to narrow the playing field for us. If we get an angel save and no lynch we go into 3:1 LYLO, if we don't get a save and no lynch we go into 2:1 LYLO which is the MOST ideal for when I'm being lynched because then I have literally a 50/50 shot at winning the game.

No pressure. Heh.

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

Oh. That is true. We can no lynch tomorrow right? Tomorrow starts with 5 alive, so we NL, 2 more die, we go to 2 left, and yeah, it's a 50/50 when you get lynched... Does anyone have a problem with this math or is it correct?

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I crunched it with and without angel saves.

We're currently 7:1, assuming we mislynch and two NKs it goes to 5:1. No lynch goes to 4:1, two NKs goes to 2:1 LYLO.

Angel save puts us at 3:1 LYLO, two saves gets us a WHOLE extra shot into the PoE.

No pressure, angels.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I was just wondering, do we have to lynch Shadow today if we want to do the No Lynch plan?

Because in any universe where we no lynch to attempt to go to LYLO, a witch judge can potentially end the game if the angels don't get a save just by killing someone when we don't want them to.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh, I'd rather be able to take care of BOTH M7 and Fluff and not have to choose between the two.

But I think we do have to lynch Shadow today because one angel save would give us the number boost we need to survive a witch judge + two night kills, but we can't guarantee that we will get at least 1 save in the next two nights. It's possible, or even probable, but we shouldn't bet the game on it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Newcomb pls advise.

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

We have to lynch Shadow today because if we don't, the next kill will always be in your hands and we can't let you not kill Shadow.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry to be blunt.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Hm.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, but if Shadow's a villager, you all owe me tons of validation.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

What validation are we owed for townreading Kai? :V

17. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Morning.

Cobalt, fwiw, I can only judge if there is not a majority lynch at deadline, so even if I was scum it’s not like I could race into Lylo and lynch someone.

Vote M+7

If I get lynched today, try not to tinfoil people too hard, I don’t think it’s newcomb, I don’t think it’s a musketeer. Cobalt will be resolved regardless (and he’s just town anyway). Dels has maybe some equity but I just don’t see it, despite his weird treatment of me this game.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh, wait.

Shadow can’t judge if we all collectively vote to No Lynch?

That changes my opinion then.
    --- Post automerged ---
    “You were right and I was wrong but I had good mechanical reasons so I’m not fucking sorry”

:3

19. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I mean, I think I could choose someone if there was a no lynch? But we would be no lynching before Lylo anyway so it wouldn’t matter cause scum!me would just get lynched the very next day.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

his fluffiness the Nurse has Revealed his Role.

The Gambler, if he/she is still alive, has received an extra life.