1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Dels

Dels Muggle

Also I indicated suspicion of Newcomb too and he hasn't suspected me at all

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I must have missed that.

I think I'm just panicking about having locked in a town loss if Newcomb is scum, and am not thinking straight here. Imma just go to sleep and hopefully be more level headed in the morning.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I mean. I just don't see how +lifing me would be the nail in the coffin if witch. In the world where I was a witch, I had to get 1 more mislynch after shadow. The +life doesn't change that.

I need to get to bed too, though.

4. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I’m not really about a Vaimes lynch, but I would chuckle if my original pings on him were accurate.

5. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Shadow, why do you think it's M+7? Or why don't you think it's anyone else?

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is a villa Fluff progression imo.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lynch: Vaimes

Dance.

7. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Everyone else has reasonably good reasons why it’s not them. I’ll concede that I’m still kinda phoning it in. Like, I’ve been more engaged since cobalt saved me from getting mislynched, but I am not doing backreading as much as I probably ought (iso here is pretty bad in my opinion)

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

How exactly do you all expect me to react to a wagon full of people who don’t even really think I’m a witch?

I don’t take requests.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Newcomb, I can't take you seriously for pushing the idea that I'd waste my time trying to finoil-mislynch you. That has never been part of my scum-meta, because I'm even more aware that it's less likely to be believed. Whereas I've pushed a lot of crazy shit as a villager (mostly on MTGS these days).

Cobalt, I can't take you seriously after trying to take control of the game and just confusing the fuck out of everyone in the process.

MP7, I just flat out don't know what the fuck you're doing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think fluff is close to 100% clear.

He is not at all acting like someone who knows the UT/GD roles aren't on his team, and that the game will eventually hyperfixate on his blatantly reluctant voteswap onto Jarizok.

Which wouldn't exist if both wagons were coven, imo. Like if you gotta pick a teammate, there's no real reason for the extra attitude that could lead to people asking questions.
    --- Post automerged ---
    finfoil

rip me
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, just kidding, wagons can't both be coven because that would be too many witches.

Still don't think fluff votes Like That as a witch.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway, I don't have any wildly heart-pounding insights to share, and voting me is just wasting everyone's time.

I don't think it's fluff or Dels. Newcomb can ride the "I would never waste a kill" train to endgame, I just don't think I can win that battle, even if I don't believe it's impossible. MP7 gets points for enthusiasm, and he had a villagery D1. Sorry you don't like me asking about your scum meta and doing nothing with it, sometimes I lose interest after I get an answer and just move on. I don't know what to think of Cobalt because DOB claim always dies, but I hate what he's done all game pretty much, even if it did get us a tom lynch. Confusing town is always a no from me. Stale Gemma townread is stale but nothing's really made me want to change it.

My only hesitation on killing shadow is not being able to tackle Newcomb's extra life if he really is a witch.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pretend I responded to this post with something like "oh oh, and not when you allegedly got shot by the scumteam?"

9. Newcomb

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sorry, had to do it.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I’m laughing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Unvote

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@shadowlancerx

Honestly, I stuck my neck out for you hard. You said you caught a second wind from it, but the effort you’ve put in since then has been... lacking would be an understatement.

Someone who was that close to being lynched and then towncleared should have SOARED for the time during which you were clear. You keep saying things like you’ve been more engaged, but you honestly haven’t all that much.

M Plus is at least reflecting some of the work he promised he’d put in. Do more.

And if/when you do get lynched know that it’s only a reflection of what you did with the opportunities you were given.

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

Cobalt's dramatic turn on Shadow! Good Faith has come to an end! A harsh indictment... or the hope for new growth?!

15. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I know cobalt, I know. I did what I could, but even that enthusiasm didn’t last long. I’m sorry for being a disappointment, just can’t find it in me to be excited in this game for very long.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

[​IMG]

17. Newcomb

Alright I really don't think we're going to get anything useful done here.

Vote: shadow

18. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I like Vaimes's response.

Unvote

Today is my ridiculously long work day (still have a night class to teach), but I'll be around tomorrow for sure to do more ISOs. Or tonight after class if I have it in me, but... yeah, wishful thinking probably.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was literally about to say something like "where'd you go cowards."
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eh whatever Newcomb has no real reason to shade me as a witch, I'm ignoring that world forever.

Vote shadow
    --- Post automerged ---
    The "what are you doing" question was a serious one.

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

MPlus doesn't actually strike me as the type of townie to just run someone up "for the reactions", or whatever, like, he's more of an analytical type? So it could be a bit weird I guess.