1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Nah. That's not JJ's style. It's too oblique. It's gonna be referring to Luke, when the movie reveals that the Luke we've seen so far was actually a clone Snoke made ages ago and was forgotten, while the real Luke was chilling in a cryo tube on that planet. And the very last shot of the movie will be the Luke in the cryo tube's eyes opening.

Though for realsies, they've already leaked the plot and it explains the title pretty well. It 100% refers to Kylo, and unless they've changed it after the pre-screening backlash I heard mention about, it was 100% completely fucking idiotic as well.

2. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Explanation under a spoiler tag, please?

3. Agayek

I'm running off memory from a month or two ago, so there's probably some details that are wrong, but the basic gist is:

Basically, Rey and Kylo are independently investigating a former Imperial research station on some planet somewhere and run into each other, cue mexican standoff, but it turns out that the station they're investigating was actually Palpatine's personal lab/Sith sanctum, and his ghost is still hanging around. The good guys vs bad guys fight goes down, presumably with more Kylo/Rey ship-bait, and somehow awakens Palpatine's ghost, who goes out and possesses Kylo Ren, before roflstomping the good guys and sending them fleeing with their tail between their legs.

Now, the First Order with resurrected Palpatine at the helm is going around subjugating and/or burning half the galaxy, and Rey and Friends rush to stop him. They manage to hunt Kylo Palpatine down and have a big climactic showdown that climaxes with Rey killing the possessed Kylo. There's a big emotional moment where Rey goes to say goodbye, but then a pair of Force ghosts appear, namely Luke and Han, and they explain that this doesn't have to be the end.

Thus inspired, Rey uses the Power of Love(tm) to reach through the Force and resurrect Kylo Ren, bringing him back to life and peace reigns across the galaxy once more.

Though as I've mentioned, I've heard that they've done some pre-screening that got some really negative reactions, and now they're scrambling to change things, so it's very possible none of this is true anymore. Or, given the nature of anonymous leaks, was never true at all, but it fits JJ's and nuStar Wars' style a bit too well for me to think it wasn't at least broadly accurate when it was leaked.

4. DR

High Score:
    Ok. Yea. That's real stupid.

5. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It'll probably be visually stunning--that's one area Disney SW has not dropped the ball--but silly as fuck.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The JediPaxis leaks, if there is some truth to them, are assuredly from a secondhand word of mouth description of just a few pieces of the plot. They were probably pieced together from someone's experience seeing things unfold during filming and/or gleaned from the editing process, so take everything with a massive grain of salt.

If even one of the partial actor's scripts had leaked (they only have access to their own parts), it would have been a big fucking deal. I severely doubt anyone except the execs, JJ, and top level production people know the full plot.

7. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

If that were true, then she would be the daughter of.... but then that would make all those ReyLo shippers.... oh no....

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I mean it'd come full circle with all the original Luke/Leia shippers (and that one novel) from before episodes V and VI came out, yeah?

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Kylo is a Solo reeeeeeee

10. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

If Rian Johnson hadn't trolled with TLJ this could have been a decent trilogy.

11. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My understanding is that they filmed 6 different endings and are now filming more of them. So I'd take any leaks with a pinch of salt as I'm not even sure that JJ Abrams knows the ending yet.

12. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

China will get there own where they save the day somehow.

13. KGB

KGB Headmaster

China is going to get a whole different movie if the possession thing is true. That is a big no no in China, so they would probably have to recut the whole movie for them.

14. Agayek

For those interested, there's been some new leaks for Ep. 9, and it's much less stupid than the earlier leaks, but still got plenty of problems all its own. The leaks follow:
    So the basic plot is going to be the Knights of Ren return from hunting for Imperial, and especially Vader-related, relics, and it turns out they were successful. The only problem is that Palpatine's spirit lingers and is attached to one of the relics. Palpatine's ghost then corrupts or possesses one of the Knights of Ren, it's unclear, and uses them to stage a coup against Kylo. Kylo's forced to flee and he ends up shacking up with Rey and co while he goes through his redemption arc and stops being Kylo Ren and returns to being Ben Solo.

In the meantime, Palpatine leads the Knights of Ren and the First Order into subjugating/burning half the galaxy, while he secures a new body (either binding himself to the Knight of Ren he's possessing, or cloning a new body and inserting himself into that, still unclear). Rey and Ben then do an epic team-up and go out to stop them during Act 2, only for it to climax with Palpatine kicking their ass and revealing that Rey is actually Palpatine's granddaughter, to solve that mystery.

Act 3 is then Rey making peace with that while they all work to stop Palpatine. The movie culminates in Rey having (and steadily losing) a Big Climactic Showdown with Palpatine that's very much a callback to Luke vs Vader in Return of the Jedi, while Ben is fighting through the Knights of Ren to get to her. At some point during the fight, Ben somehow gets a blue lightsaber (either Lea's or Anakin's, I've heard both), and a second wind that lets him smash through the Knights and rush to Rey's side. With their force-bond, together they become much more powerful and actually start to push Palpatine back.

Palpatine then starts laughing and congratulates them on sealing their own fate, before he promptly siphons off the power from their force-bond, draining them and adding the power to his own. Rey and Ben collapse, totally spent, and Palpatine then negligently flicks a hand and Ben Solo is thrown off the platform and into a pit, never to be seen again. He then turns to the broken and crying Rey, only for some Force ghosts to intervene (presumably Luke and Han if the earlier leaks were accurate at the time, but no confirmation). The Force ghosts fend off Palpatine for a crucial moment while simultaneously channeling power to Rey and she gets her own second wind. Rey grabs Ben's lightsaber and charges Palpatine, catching his force lightning on her blades until she closes to melee and cuts him in half, killing the Emperor for good.

The movie then ends with Rey on Tattooine, burying a bunch of lightsaber parts (taken from the combo of Luke's and Anakin's/Lea's) in the sand, while a new shiny gold one she made out of the other parts is on her hip. Some rando stumbles upon her and asks for her name, and she introduces herself as Rey Skywalker, thus justifying the title 'Rise of Skywalker', before it cuts to black.

So yeah, all I can really say for it is that it's at least better than the original leaks, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  15. DR

High Score:
    So basically, of all of the characters in the new trilogy, the only one I actually like dies?

Lame.

16. ScottPress

High Score:
    Rey is Palp's grandkid

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that right there proves Jajabrams is just desperately trying to unfuck what Rian fucked up instead of thinking for himself.

Step 1: set up a MYSTERY BOX Step 2: Rian solves the myst----nononono wait what are you doing Step 3: I solve the MYSTERY BOX

And then of course...

Kylo Ren dies.

The only character I'm interested in (I liked the Finn/Poe bromance in TFA, but Rian fucked that too) gets the axe in favor of the soulless Mary Sue, who will, ironically, probably need tie-in novels to give her any depth at all, congrats Disney, you played yourself.

Pffffffft

17. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

They need to film new endings for the previous two movies. [​IMG]

18. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Good lord it reads like a fanfiction. But then again, I'm one of those nerds that loves fanfictions. Bring on the popcorn and spectacle I doubt I'll be too disappointed by the $20. If anything, it will make The Mandalorian look better just by existing.

19. ScottPress

High Score:
    Latest leak confirms that Jajabrams will reveal Snoke's backstory in Ep 9:

[​IMG]

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Some related Future of Star Wars news:

Irrefutable proof that God exists. While this isn't fully shutting the door on D&D's return to Star Wars, it seems like Disney will be handing whatever immediate project they were in line for off to someone else.

With the news that Kevin Feige will also be taking on a SW film entry, things are looking up.