1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Back until EOD. I feel like a zombie.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Its so crappy though

3. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I'm back and here until deadline!
    --- Post automerged ---
    But hasn't it been the argument of at least a couple people that he didn't actually have a scum read on you and was just faking that read? If that were the case and he did get you lynched and you flipped town, then lol Jari's magically not scum anymore because the entire case is tied to you.

And in the case of him really scum reading you. He didn't even try to get you lynched. His case was quite nonsense - the cerber thing, the skittles thing, the you being friendly thing - none of that was ever going to convince anyone you were scum and he didn't even try, which is why in part I've not completely written you off from being a potential partner. And now that I find out that you've only played a handful of games, which isn't even enough to give you a play style or make you so confident that your scum game would be better than what he was suggesting, that friendliness part based on how you usually play doesn't even make sense. So he didn't try to get you lynched, no-one bought except fluffy who's read was in part personal, it didn't go anywhere, so Jari was never in any potential danger.

I'm not totally convinced he's Sloth's partner either. He's given so little it's hard to tell what his alignment is going to be but he has decent scum equity so.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I felt so dead I had to nap for a hot minute, but I'm here.

5. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Is this read Keldeo is town because he did some meta investigation?

6. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Vaimes process scans fine to me, in that I can see these reads coming from him and like... understand how the gears in his mind are turning and stuff? This backfired on me with Slith though.

If his demoralization when without partners is as blatant as he makes it out to be I think he’s definitely not Sloth’s partner because I’ve seen none of that. But Tom seems to be saying it isn’t?

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Not in love with this. I'd be okay with a "would vote Vaimes at deadline to get a lunch," buuut.

Eh.

8. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Oh wait Empoof I interpreted that quote that Tammy just said as “[in response to] Keldeo, looking back at Jari in champs game [Jari] was very towny and I don’t think I can scumread [Jari in this game because he has not shown that]”? But what Tammy’s saying makes more sense given the rest of that quote

I’m confused why you’d want to TR me for that, I thought you watched the wildcard game where I was mafia and did a meta investigation and got townread for it...?

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am, as predicted, whelmed by Ter's fluff read.

It sounds like by all logical and reason, he should be a scumread (which it looks like he is? but he isn't the droid she's looking for?), but the way she reacted to him recently (shutting down) looked more like she very much wasn't scumreading him. I don't know that, several hundred posts into a game, I see villagers leaving in a huff because a scumread was, I dunno, discrediting them or whatever Ter feels fluff did to her.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually you know what? I take that back.

I still don't reeeally like the read, but I definitely get into tizzies when interacting scumreads sometimes.

10. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Hmm yeah, this is a concern with the Vaimes meta as well

I think I'll put a pin in this because I just don't know enough about him to say if it's like a purpose or mindset or social connections thing or whatever that would help shed more light on this

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

interacting *with* scumreads

Especially tom, when he starts getting dismissive and la-la-can't-hear-you. >:V

12. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Hey Vaimes, what are some townreads that you feel strongly about and can you talk about why?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Personally, I think Vaimes is incredibly towny.

14. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Do you think anyone has been doing this?

A semi-related read I've been nursing is that a member of the non-Sloth mafia team who's accused of being Sloth's partner might get more annoyed by it - "caught but for the wrong reasons" style.

I don't think I've noticed anyone doing that except maybe Empoof and I'm not interested in lunching him today, which... I guess feeds back into your point.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cool.

What are some other townreads that you feel strongly about and can you talk about why?

15. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    so I thought I remember seeing empoof upon replacing into a scum slot in the 100 mafia game doing that kind of, "I've made myself unaligned with x,y,z and sticking his partner in there, but I've just searched and can't find it so maybe it was another game - maybe the town game - anyway I did run into a post where vox bussed him and in response poof appealed to vox instead of bus back. Anyway it just made me chuckle a bit because not everyone double busses.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I find it very clear shes putting him at "scummy but not sloths partner"
    I like to think of that place in my own head as the keldeo zone

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

But for real, I don't really. I have a bunch of "x is not scum with y" reads, but I didn't get very far into my reread because I had to switch to defending my Ter read + self-defense in general, and I like interacting in real time more anyways.

Tammy is a gimme because she really hates being scum That Much.

I really want Mendel to be town, but I can't tell if the the way he's handling me is scummy or not. There's an element of already deciding to lunch this slot, of kinda reading me through a pre-determined lens, and it's not what I expected coming from the person who probably had to do a looot of reading/diving/talking to get Sloth lunched. I know he'll just say "lol Vaimes scumreading votes on him," but I've been thinking about it ever since his repeated "tom's vote is good if it's on scum!" jokes and I can't really settle on a definite answer. I think that even if he's scum, he's towny enough to get shot, sooo. Tentative townread.

That's it.

18. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    This is something I was considering on my drive back home today, which led to the look into the scum game here thing. But yeah I wondered about that.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Haven't read many Keldeo posts but I feel like he's making more of an attempt to read me rather than look at me like a tainted slot. It's how I expected to feel about Mendel tbh, but I don't because I'm not pretty enough for him.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Dont pretend you care about this. You havent even looked at why either of us is pushing you.