1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 21, 2019.

1. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Meh birthday over back to reality. Will play catch up through out the day

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

No, you said you though I was scum Watcher who had seen Jarizok.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jarizok was a Watcher, so if I had watched someone and seen him, odds are he would have seen me and told his partner, who would have killed me N2.
    --- Post automerged ---
    But seriously Vaimes, try and stay at least a little consistent?

3. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Agreed

4. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

Ah, that makes sense. He would have seen you, because you'd have seen him do his watching.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ohhh, okay. That makes more sense.

fluff, I said I’d shoot you over tom. Mendel would be my first choice because confidence. And I thought you were the town watcher at first, but after reading over your content I decided you could be Sloth’s partner.

Yes I lied and couldn’t resist posting again.
    --- Post automerged ---
    No, that is not inconsistent. They are different statements.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Empoof

Shooting tom because he scumread me is stupid. Mendel is scumreading me too, and much less likely to change his mind.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I dunno. Looking at EoD2, if fluff were scumreading both me and Jarizok, I dunno why he pushed specifically for Jarizok so hard. Like why bother defending me if he’s just gonna lunch me the next Day?

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Maybe because I wasn't scumreading you yesterday?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, that's why you said "I think" and not "I thought". Pull the other one.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh, so you’re scumreading me because I’m scumreading you?

I don’t really know what think/thought you’re talking about. Everything that happened is thought. Right now I think you’re Sloth’s partner.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also please answer the who is Sloth’s partner if not me question? How does CA look in the world where I’m town?

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

No, I'm scumreading you because you went from townreading me yesterday to me being top two scum today with 0 explanation.

And the fact that you think I'm a Watcher who saw Jarizok when that would have gotten me killed last night.

And the fact that you're the one who benefits most from tom dying.

And you're not town here, so I don't need to entertain those useless hypotheticals.

9. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

If you say 100% of the time you shoot at Mendel then there is no scenario where you should anyone but Mendel.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So…you want the second (scum) watcher to stay alive after today? They should 100% be our priority lynching today. Killing off a lone goon on team 2 and giving sloths partner a chance to keep seeking out our watcher has no benefit to town.

They’re really…not. One thinks I’m Jari’s partner the other has a light town read on me by the time Vaimes said this

@Vaimes besides you can you point me to where people were going back and forth on me being sloth’s partner?

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, first off, tom dying benefits be only by virtue of having one less person want to lunch me. If that were my goal, why would I antagonize someone else into voting me?

You are incorrect about not needing to entertain worlds. If this is town!you shutting me down, that really sucks. Believe it or not, if you’re a villager, I want to get there on you. You know how I do that? By getting you to open your mouth and use your damn words.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ter I don’t have anything to back that statement up. It was a general impression when reading. Felt like I saw the word “bait” like four times. If you really want me to find every instance of it, it’ll have to wait a few hours.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think the problem I’m having is that nobody is engaging me as if I were even potentially town. Everything I say gets run through the scumidifier, almost every thought I have gets shut down.

And the people townreading me-ish aren’t even posting much, so I can’t engage with them.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also fluff, I explained every detail of what led me to seeing you as Sloth’s partner. It was a very straightforward process. How are you accusing me of having no explanation when I’m trying to get you to explain a read shift on flipped scum that had no case or explanation attached to it?

11. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

@TerRaine I think some folks were going back and forth about you being Sloth's partner on Day1 just because of his weird smokescreen being mistaken for bussing. But yeah, no way?

I don't entirely blame Vaimes for trying to paint me as scum due to my massive Sloth blindspot on Day1 and for trying to run a wagon on him Day2, but I'd like him to have a rational logic behind it. Seems to be flailing a little bit, but could be frustration. Either way, I'm not liking the look.

It would be better if Fluff at least entertained certain hypotheticals. I say this even though the hypothetical is me as scum just because it would be better to have more material. Based on previous logic trains, I've bumped him out of my scum-radar but only just. He's shut down discussions multiple times and it kind of feels weird for him to jump completely on the Vaimes train without being willing to pull up OTHER scum too. It'd be for the best if we could use today to get a head start on finding the final scum even as we nail down the current one.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Uh.

I am not painting you as scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is Tammy literally the only one paying like, fair attention to me?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Shit like this is kind of annoying though. Imagine for a sec how you would deal with the stress I’m currently under, and then we’ll talk.

Clarifying my read of you: I thought Sloth was whiteknighting you (heavily defending one specific villager). Keldeo kind of touched on it with Concussion meta, which <3 I love it.

13. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

You're asking Fluff how he would read me in a world where you're town. If "paint X as scum" reads unclear, I'll say it differently. Your posts lead me to believe you think I could be scum and are on the trail. That's fine.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The point of those posts is to squeeze content out of fluff. I only asked him about you because fluff said he was choosing between you and me, and if I was town, then how would his read on you change, if at all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    “Painting as scum” isn’t unclear, that’s just not at all what it is.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually I’ll be honest, painting as scum sounds like shading to me. So that’s what I think of when I see the term. There’s probably more nuance to it, shrug.

15. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Think this was my post for my earlier town read.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh, as an aside, for some reason clicking on quotes doesn’t take me to the actual post. Life is hard.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I ~think it might have something to do with people using different ppp?

Mobile seems to work.

17. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can you go deeper into the reasoning for me?

I read that sentence and was left feeling kind of dry. What about that thought made you think it was townie process?

18. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

which sentence? There are a few in that post.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Your response to that quote isn’t showing up, but I bet it’s hilarious.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Aaand now all the text on this page is underlined. Is DLP broken?

20. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

This is what we in the business call Appeal to Emotion.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Close the message box at the top, and reload the page.