1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That is a bunch of words that doesn’t actually present an alternative. It’s you basically saying “we’ll cross that bridge if we come to it.”

3. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

I mean, I sat down for most of Day 2 doing exactly this. I just reached a conclusion that you dislike.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I haven't found a more compelling partner than you. In my eyes, neither have you. It's actually not my job, it's yours. I spent all last week coming to that conclusion, nit picking at different possibilities. I started that day (or halfway through, not sure) wanting to open options for Cerber and Keldeo and as the day went on was convinced otherwise.

If you're town, I'm wrong. I've been wrong before. But I don't have anything compelling enough to want to lynch other options.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Then pretend I died last Night and flipped town. You were already townreading tom so he’s not an option. Who is Sloth’s partner?

I want names. I want reasons. I want solid stances that will be here come Day 4. Please stop pretending like I’m being unreasonable.

5. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Like I understand you're frustrated but it's dismissive to say that I and others haven't thought it through.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Empoof, it IS your job, because YOU are going to be the one to deal with it if I’m dead.

Unless you get shot, in which case oh well.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Point me to ONE post that presents a viable alternative. An actual hard stance on a player.

7. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Read my posts, dog. I gave the reasons in my larger post that Mendel quoted above.
    --- Post automerged ---
    --- Post automerged ---
    Part of me wanting to wait for Keldeo is that maybe he has something that I don't wrt some people. He really disagreed with lynching you and didn't feel like you were Sloth's partner. So I'm curious where he's landing today.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay. We’re getting somewhere.

Your PoE is fluff and CA. Who is more likely and why?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I too am waiting for Keldeo to save me again.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I’m sorry Empoof but you feel pretty dismissive in your treatment of me. I feel like you’re talking at me, watching me like I’m a circus animal, rather than trying to work with me. You can’t say you think I might be town and then handle me like I’m a bag of dog poop.

9. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

We're not really getting anywhere, honestly. You might be, but you're just showing me that I've been evaluating already.

Probably CA more than Fluff? But I don't really believe that either of them are Sloth's partner. That's the problem, is that you see the conclusion and then just say "well that's wrong" and like... okay yes that's what you have to say. Who do you think is more likely and why? Do you actually believe in your fluff case? What did you make of his rebuttal? You had Cerber as noob town, do you still believe that? Have you checked?

Like this is where showing your solvability would give you an opportunity to show that you are actually trying to.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think you have the possibility of being town, it's something that I've considered a lot. I just crunch the numbers and it falls away.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If you're correct that fluff is scum, he's outmaneuvered you for right now. That's basically where it's at.

If you're a mislynch, you're one we can afford. If we didn't lynch you and lynched a town, it puts us in a horrendous position if you are actually town. Because you'll need to collectively change a large number of people's minds with not a lot going for you.

I don't really think I'm treating you like dog-poop. Maybe I'm being a little aggressive right now, but that's mostly because you keep saying we're not evaluating when all of the logic is like, right there and I'm just requoting myself.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have to go for the day but honestly?

You should try to evaluate me as scum with the logic you were pushing on fluff. It's part of what makes me feel weird is that you're weirdly pigeonholed on some pretty reachy logic about fluff when if you put that same logic to me it probably applies better. Distancing? Sure. Kind town reading and then voting? Sure. You can read over most of the back and forth between tom and I and probably pick out posts that sound kinda scummy because when I get full of myself I put on the "I'm always town now and forever" face which can be really offputting for a lot of people.

That, or if you're actually town, find sloth's partner with better logic than you've given. Maybe it's possible we're overlooking Cerber and he's playing a fantastic game. Maybe TerRaine's actually Sloth's partner somehow and we've just failed to realize based on how they were fighting. Maybe the distancing thing that you're talking about actually DOES apply to how TerRaine and Sloth talked with eachother, something that you could apply your past experience with wolfing with Sloth to.

But for now, sorry dog. It doesn't feel good seeing some parts of your day 2 and feeling like it's townie, but also wanting to lynch you today. Nature of multiball I suppose.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

lmaooooo

Okay, see this? This is something I can understand and actually agree with. If y’all are cool with me just leaving my thoughts and ending Day early, I can be down for that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Empoof, fluff has a lot less going for him than you do. You will have to lunch him at some point if he isn’t the Watcher, because he is going to be a huge question mark at LyLo.
    --- Post automerged ---
    There are only so many circles I can go in. I believe Sloth was whiteknighting CA. fluff is 100% OMGUS’ing me and I had to like, strangle the information out of him that I did.

I am serious about ending Day early. Or just lurking until deadline. And people start giving me “oh you just didn’t try hard enough” or “town never gives up” lip, I am going to troll super hard.

11. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

I need Keldeo's thoughts before any kind of day end. I'd prefer if we played through Friday because I do want to keep reading more and the following weeks are going to be super rough for me to play.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Also, “make a better case”?

No. I’ve already dumped as much time and energy into this game as I can give without getting super annoyed and burned out. There’s no reason to believe anything I say will swing the lunch, so.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay.

I’m out then. It really isn’t my job to be hunting alone, this is a team game, and I don’t feel like I have any teammates I can rely on.

Maybe Keldeo will surprise me. I love Tammy but I don’t have a lot of faith in her strong arming any wagons.

13. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

I don't think you "didn't try hard enough", I don't think you SOLVED hard enough. There's a difference there.

It's mostly because we're actually killing it right now, so to see you say things like "this town deserves to bleed" "noone is evaluating" just feels... like a kid crying at a playground, honestly. Back to back scum lynches. Fairly diminished PoE. Fairly confident towns.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Honestly, whatever. This whole game has been a constant string of “not good enough” and rethinking reads on almost everyone. It’s incredibly demotivating, and you have about the same PoE that I do so........zzz.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Mendel is Jarizok’s partner.

fluff is Sloth’s partner.

If those are wrong, it won’t be my problem. And I don’t think people will want to reread my posts anyways, they’re long and all over the place.

15. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Me this me. If I don’t get shot I really need day to not start on the weekend.

I will be back in a few hours for realz and with thoughts!

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The back to back scum lunches made the game harder, not easier. Especially for me. From a numbers standpoint, it’s good. From a solving one, less good.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like you said yourself game is bad if I’m town, and if two more town die in the Night.

17. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

Commander Vaimes of the Watch -- it's all clear now! :cool:

[​IMG]

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

One more time for the dummy?
    --- Post automerged ---
    You didn’t bold the a. :V

19. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

I am calling this AtE, too. You can't do the former, and you already announced the latter and failed to follow through.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes, because Terry Pratchett's character is Vimes, not Vaimes. We're looking for the last mafia watcher, see?

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ohhh, you’re mocking me. A+ game solving.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It’s not AtE. If people want to end Day early, I’m fine with it. Beats another two days of me running my mouth.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think I’m the top poster. Yikes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, let me try being calm and not wine for a second.

What do people actually want from me, that would be the most help in the world where I die and flip town toDay?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uhhh I meant whine but ya know.