1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Potter Law

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BioPlague, Jun 17, 2006.

Not open for further replies.
  1. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Exception: Hedwig may take the form of a human girl, so long as Harry fucks her birdie-brains out. If SexMonkey!Hedwig dies Harry is aloud to get a little depressed, if only from sexual withdrawal.

2. dba2

dba2 Guest

All the gold mined in human history could be melted into a cube less than twenty meters to a side. Harry's combined vaults shall never contain more than a tiny fraction of this amount no matter how rich you make him.

3. NamesAreUnimportant

NamesAreUnimportant Third Year

On that note, Harry shall never find an immensely powerful object capable of destroying Voldemort and enslaving the world sitting in his family vault, along with several racks of magical weapons, which Harry will never be inexplicably drawn to; nor shall he gain instinctive knowledge pertaining to the use of said weapons.

4. Lord Argent

Lord Argent Guest

That being said, Harry's Hedwig GF must be hot or she should not live past two days at most

5. falseproffitt

falseproffitt Looked into the void

MAGIC IS NOT THE FORCE, NOR IS ANY PERSON IN THE HARRY POTTER UNIVERSE A JEDI(OR SITH)

6. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Lift your elbow, mate. It's stuck on the "shift" key.

...At least I hope that's the reason...

7. Dango-Fetish

Dango-Fetish Fourth Year

Sitting solemnly in the centre of a black hole.
    (refurbished post)

Here, we call that a "cr - o - ss - oh - ver".

P.S. Joseph Smith should Introductize.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  8. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

We can only wish that was the reason. Thankfully he has been banned ^.^

Not all Vampires are Bad, Not all werewolves are bad (Proven by Lupin) Neither Ron nor Hermoine will automatically assume this. Harry most certainly will not assume this. They will all be wary should they encounter one of the above mentioned specie, but will not instantly assume that they are about to be savaged.

Edit: Unless it's blatantly obvious. Like Ferrir Greyback type obvious.

9. NamesAreUnimportant

NamesAreUnimportant Third Year

This law isn't Harry Potter based, but more just a general law for all fanfiction.

Author's Notes are to be placed where they belong: at the beginning and/or end of the chapter. Anyone caught placing any textual remarks resembling the following will face a firing squad:

10. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Any fiction that uses "Ravenclaw's Notebook" as a legitimate Horcrux shall heretofore be considered cliche. No original notebook of Ravenclaw's would have survived a thousand years of time and wear in tact unless under considerable preservation, in which case it is widely known about and hardly likely to have gone unnoticed missing for so long. Published copies of said book would cease to be rare, and thus should not be used either, as they lose value to Voldemort.

The number of Death Eaters and/or Order Members shall never be excessively high (1,000's), as it is stated clearly in canon that the numbers in either faction are sparse. Recruitment can be taken into consideration, however due to the short amount of time available, too many Death Eaters or Order Members becomes unlikely.

11. Lord Argent

Lord Argent Guest

see below, this is an accidental post...if someone could get rid of it for me, i would be much obliged.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  12. Lord Argent

Lord Argent Guest

Exception: wait there is no real exception. Sorry I included this.

(Not sure if it was done) Law: House elves did not belong to any type of Elvish culture but there own, nor will they ever be considered Elves by those of LOTR. Nor shall any LOTR Elf find a House Elf even the slightest bi interesting. In face, if an LOTR crossover is done, all House Elves must be executed as their ugliness will affect the LOTR Elves's beauty. Oh and Dobby will never be more than a crazy house elf who just happens to be free and follows Harry around.

13. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

revoked, because Elves are not of etheral beauty or veela-like. They are freaks with long ears, not gene-manipulated beautyqueens.

14. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Besides, there are no "High Elves" in Harry Potter. Rowling would have to pay out the ass for the rights to them.

15. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

Besides, the elf issue is one that I praise Rowling daily for. Finally an author that puts those damn uppity bastages where they belong...under the boot of a human. /insert evil laugh

16. Lord Argent

Lord Argent Guest

withdrawal: All Elven Laws are withdrawn as I have seen the light...although I still think that any other type of elf should never be mentioned...ever.

17. afrojack

I don't mind the elves as long as they stay in their secluded Utopias. On that note, a Vampire is a blood-sucking demon. There are no separate sects wherein there are laws that protect humans and their rights. There are no different species of Vampires, such as the kind that needs the blood giver's consent so as to cast said Vampires in a good light. Ever.

18. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

I already beat you to this one when I posted

I'm willing to concede that they aren't good either however, just not in the mood to attack at the moment because they don't need blood. After all they don't want to deplete the food supply too fast. therefore they're probably willing to stop and at least pretend to be civil on occasion.

19. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Personally I'd like to see one try to play the "we're not all bad" card with them. Then while the trio is debating whether or not to trust him, he locks the doors and kills the lights...

20. afrojack

That could be made into a good one-shot, but if we released this idea to the public it very well could be seized by the fangirls and turned into a fic where the following happens:

Their heads whipped around sharply as they were plunged into impentrable darkness, and they felt fear creep relentlessly into their veins as they heard the distinctive thunking sound of a lock, ensuring their captivity. The only sound was their heavy breathing, and all they knew at that moment was that a Vampire was in this very room, able to see, and decidedly hungry.

(Here is where the Fangirl takes over)

But then ZOMG!!11!!eleven!! Harry, with his god-like magical power, casts a Lumos spell that lights the entire room and obliterates the mean Vampire with its ethereal light.

Not open for further replies.