1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Also

Can i really have a cool ass job when my job doesnt currently exist?

I have literal zero job skills outside a theater. My last real job was teaching kindergarten, and those kids can drive now. And that job barely exists either

2. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

How serious is this statement?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Keldeo, in what other aspects, save for wording, would you say overthinking comes into play as a mafia player?

3. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I'm going to go die of embarrassment now. Thanks, bye.

Last thought before I go is that I was definitely forcing that push on tom to see reactions but I botched the whole thing (from confusing analogies, to grammar fails, to mixing up Ter and Fonti) that it was useless as a reaction test. So that's fun. My only thought out of it is that The Waco Kid is vaguely townie.

To clarify I do think the tom leaving his observation hanging was vaguely scummy but the observation itself was reasonable and not overly forced.

4. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Simplification of my thoughts last night: if grape was a wolf pushing tom villager, I would think he'd have better reasoning. I don't think they're wolves together. Ergo is a mild good look for grape.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And this seems legit.

5. Sloth

Ffs, that wasn't why I hated the other argument you're referring to.
    I'm actually not against this read on the Fontz, if nothing else 'cause I'm used to her roaming around in the tall grass, watching things until the game really gets going.
    Best to just wave and smile in the meantime /tosses popcorn at her
    Unless, you know. I get bored.

[​IMG]
    heeeeeey

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

This. Playing as a wolf is more fun in an exhilarating sense but not in the hey let's have fun with friends sense, especially after being raked over the coals by similar playerlists more often than not in the last couple years. I'm just glad not to have the pressure. :p
    --- Post automerged ---
    <3
    --- Post automerged ---
    Maybe it's just me but the post in question seems entirely reasonable and multiple people giving grape a hard time about his writing is ???

7. Sloth

Schrödinger's job?
    (Sorry man)

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Keldeo how do you feel about playing as a wolf in general/does your approach or mindset towards the game change at all on alignment (significantly relative to overall fluctuation) or no?

Because this game I'm just getting Black Widow all over again.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    You voted me 8 posts/20 minutes after the post in question, with more than half those posts being interacting about it.
    What did I leave hanging?
    And how would that be scummy anyway?

10. Sloth

The bit about the English is unrelated, it's a thing Grape and I always seem to walk into when we play together.

The wording on the posts I brought up is understandable, which makes the contraction stark.
    @Grapefruit21 speaking of, how do you reconcile that in light of #183, where you noted you did see an issue, just not as strongly as you led us to believe?
    Also, again, this still seems out of sorts for you.

VOTE GRAPE
    What up?
    --- Post automerged ---
    goddamnit tom
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Cuthalion you were Nebula in MCU?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Meh, bored.
    @Keldeo
    From a scum perspective, the first sentence here could come from someone with nervous energy trying to show they're not scum by lamenting how much they wish they were.
    Second sentence could be realizing and overcorrecting on that by going for what's more or less an easy target.

But then this is immediately followed by a lolwhat vote on a player that's not around despite the second sentence's soft-build, which ???

Caught my attention because of that as it was the first time umami didn't seem genuine in her thought process.

However, thereafter came #141, where her response to Font showed a higher regard to the game with a preference on PRs over sleuthing, which fits with the mentality she's displaying more.

And then #143 where she waffled on vote as potentially bad and "not nice" after the most minimal of pressures from you.
    If she had unvoted then and there, my vote would be on her, but she hasn't, indicating she's legitimate in her moves.

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Fair enough, and yes.

12. Sloth

Jesus Christ.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Umami if you're reading Ter as anything but aggressive, your read is wrong.
    That woman is aggressive even in happiness.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What would you say she's done that's mysterious/chummy/agenda-y?

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

[​IMG]

14. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Like I said to Umami, I think you can overthink form (wording, how you express your ideas) or content (who you talk to, what you talk about, the ideas you express). We seemed to be talking about different forms of overthinking so I wanted to clarify.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, we did have similar lines of thought.

What do you think of Sloth’s criticism of the push? I’m still kind of confused by what grape meant and the post you quoted seems like a bit of a walkback.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Grape, what from Waco’s reaction made him seem towny to you? Do you have other thoughts on the game so far?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don’t dislike being town but I enjoy wolfing more than villaging, I like having wolfchat to bounce ideas off and I like knowing more concretely what I need to do to win. I’ve been told that my tone is similar between alignments. I don’t know if that answers your question?

In what way do you think I’m playing similarly to when I was Black Widow? My perception of my workflow at least is pretty different.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

From a scale of 0 to 10 of mafia trying to project this strain of emotionality, in narrator voice it's like a 7? But this is only a thought to have while you're sitting on the toilet giggling to yourself.

Why did you vote MP7?

16. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I like Sloth’s discussion of Umami that he tagged me in. It’s like, nitpicky in a way where it seems like he’s actually trying to glean her alignment from limited posting, and he doesn’t take it as an opportunity to press Umami further.

Sloth, what did you like about Umami’s early posting before that one you quoted?

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Dude, holy shit. You can't do that. Ongoing games don't exist. I am going to slap you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote: Gemma

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, that was a little large.