1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I like the "first game she played like (her version of) vaimes and now shes (her version of) me" analogy way better.
    But this remains a super weak read that i am not pushing or delving into deeper at this time.

You should vote gemma

2. Umami

Umami Squib

tom, I like you think that you think I'm modeling an archetype of something/someone I don't know. In any case, I'm okay with it

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No i dont think its intentional or anything. Just using meta as shorthand here.

If i thought youd know what i was talking about i might not have said it yet.

4. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Also now that's a contradiction by me. To attempt to clarify it the even was unnoteworthy in a macro scale so bringing it up at all is "forcing" but tom didn't really force the issue with any force.

@tom I don't want to vote Gemma though. She's using great gifs and I don't want to lose them yet. Find her buddy first and I'll vote them!
    Serious answer is I have no read on her and am not trusting either of you on a level to blindly follow you and fonti right now.

Do you think a playstyle change in a second or third game with a group is alignment indicative on it's own?

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Lol, Sloth.

6. Umami

Umami Squib

oh, fair enough

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Yikes.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Says the woman who can't recognize Mythbusters.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No.

10. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Okay. I think I get why it's contrived but I don't quite understand what you mean by "what we're thinking" (like, a sweeping mechanics-based statement?) or why it being contrived is wolfy to you, could I ask if you could rephrase it or something? Do you have any opinion on stuff she posted later on?

11. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seemingly late to the party here but in my defense I didn't expect this to take of like a rocket.

Caught up on everyone's replies here and I haven't spotted anything significant. Everyone is trying to make meta reads or going off of the slightest comments... Which I suppose is all we have.

Early read so far is Gemma, simply because she's replying so often and not always with anything of value more than a gif or two. It could be shit stirring and needling or it could be just her playstyle.

@Gemma how much experience have you playing mafia before this?

(Iunno if she's a regular or whatever, I haven't ventured into Little Italy in a while.)

12. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I think I like grape's further explanations, heh. Maybe I'm just letting my early feels ride too much.

tom, could you sell me on Gemma? I skimmed her ISO and didn't really come out with any strong feelings.

I remember she was easy for me to find as town in the game we played together on MTGS, but I had trouble finding her as Gamora in the recent MCU game. I guess in both games, she maybe talked more about game stuff, but I'm fine giving people a pass for that since it's still early.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I have a stupid tinfoil read that fonti is with Umami and is trying to protect Umami and force her into town consensus and Umami doesn't get that she should just be townreading fonti in return and is instead TMIing with her comment on fonti's post #6. But I had a similar reaction to that post and filtered it out as noise so there is probably a world where Umami takes it more seriously and scumreads fonti for it.

As far as fonti is concerned, I don't think town!fonti ever genuinely scumreads me here the way she has. It's so... I don't know. Stupid? Careless? I'm ready for her to admit she's just trolling but I also don't know if I believe that she is. There's also something overarticulated about her Umami read that I'm not sure is actually overarticulation or me just feeling like it is because I don't think the reasoning is good.

Shrug. It's page 5 so whatever.
    --- Post automerged ---
    First little bit tends to be the most active while people wear off their excitement about the game starting etc.

It is indeed playstyle. I have a bunch of experience and this is basically my homesite now since Westeros is dead.

14. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Hi Seratin! Your avatar is inspiring.

Do you think you're townleaning anyone right now? Even if you have to force the read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Haha, hey Gemma.

I've had a passing thought that I don't know if I believe, that fonti/Umami are aligned (v/v or w/w). If fonti's a wolf, I feel like the way she brought up her read on Umami to tom maybe has less utility than just encouraging tom's suspicion if Umami's a villager. I don't know if it goes the other way. Maybe a self-conscious wolf Umami would feel weird antagonizing someone she knows is a villager off a very early post, and the self-consciousness is why she feels the need to make follow-up posts clarifying things, but that feels like more of a conjecture to me.

Do you have an independent read on Umami?

Also, for what reason do you think fonti's scumreading you, or is it an implied thing that I didn't pick up on? If she explained it somewhere, I think I missed it.

15. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eh, Day one is always a shot in the dark and I'll probably have to go through all the posts again to get a better idea of things. First gut feelings though are you and Fontisian for town, probably Cuthbert and mplus7 too.

The latter two simply because I feel like scum would be taking more of an active role.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I DON'T KNOW WHY MOST OF OUR FRIENDS ARE SUCH PSYCHOS.

Votecount 1.2

Gemma (2): tom, fontisian
    tom (2): Grapefruit21, fire
    Grapefruit21 (1): Sloth
    fire (1): Gemma
    Fluffiness (1): The Waco Kid
    M Plus 7 (1): Umami

Abstaining (6): Seratin, TerRaine, Keldeo, Cuthalion, M Plus 7, Fluffiness

With 14 alive, soft lynch is 8 and hard lynch is 11.

Deadline is here.

17. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Alright, cool.

Can I ask what makes your gut think me and fonti are town? And given that thought on fonti, what do you think of Umami's and Gemma's recent suspicions of fonti, if anything?

Also, I doubt MP7's absence so far is intentional. I've heard he posts quite a lot as both alignments when he can.

18. fontisian

Do you really think you're going to guilt me into backing off?

19. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

fonti, I'd like to know more about what makes you think Gemma's mafia, if you could? But after I get Gemma's impression of the reasoning, or at least what she meant by "the way she has" because I don't think I really get it.

20. fontisian

i
    I mean, the strongest reason right now is that post felt hella manipulative.