1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Also also, I think that interaction somewhat boosted my townlean on fonti in that...

I don't think she and Gemma are mafia together, because I don't reeeally think that Gemma would have misunderstood fonti's "die scum die" as more serious than it was, if they were partners and Gemma knew fonti wasn't seriously intending for her to die.

I'm much less sure, but I think it's less likely that she's mafia and Gemma's town, because of the way that parts of fonti's read were kind of esoteric and relied on like, specific negative interpretations of gifs and stuff that town Gemma could just blow off. Also how she responded to Gemma's description of her push assumed/implied manipulation in a way that I don't think she would accuse Gemma of if she knew Gemma was not meaning to be malicious.

I guess that second part of the read boils down to me thinking that fonti wouldn't make that case if she knew it was false, which is probably disrespecting her wolf game. I don't really have a better reason than that.

2. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Holy shit font, I don't see Gemma doing that regardless of alignment.
    Was your read of her before this moment as strong as it appears to be now or was this what clinched it for you? 'Cause if so, I invite you to revisit?

3. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Man I really am getting cabin fever.

Can you tell me more about Gemma being mafia?

4. Umami

Umami Squib

Dang, I know I probably shouldn't say this given the accusations, but that was a good rebuttal

5. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Because I grasp that contradiction but I think I talked myself out of it lol.

6. Umami

Umami Squib

If 'one of them' is fonti, then I'm in. If not, then I am very much against this plan

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well it has nothing to do with contradicting herself.
    Or even with <apparently still not having read the fire post with the vote she joked about>

Best words i can think of right now is shes presenting a moving target. But thats not actually a good explanation because if i thiught she was town I'd see the same thing as "light on her feet" or something.
    Shes just nibbling on edges not taking a bite.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I might officially be too deep in my own head.

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Lol. Did you misread me saying it's too early for me to have reads on people? Cause it's kinda hard to play mafia if you don't like alignment reads. And I mean, I'm not talking down anything I'm just expressing my own preferences, and I find that things like tone and meta are not a reliable foundation for a read. Honestly I think this is kinda boring to talk about during a mafia game so I don't really want to. Mindset, process, agenda, positioning, gamestate stuff, VCA, meta, tone, there's a place for all of it. But I prefer to focus on things that have happened in this game and the reasoning that people have shared about how they're reading the game.

tom because I think his post after the back and forth between fonti and me is dishonest or manipulative or something, don't have the right word for it. Sloth because of the way he tried to talk about Umami. I haven't actually reached the point where I can separate my personal like for him from my actual read on him this game.

Well, my read is a little messy with emotional stuff now so I'm still mostly keeping myself in wait and see land. I don't really have any reason to rush it. Not super interested in reading into her push on me at this point.

Don't worry, pretty sure I'm accused of contradicting myself literally every game. I have a weird brain, and I think I'm getting lazier and lazier with my words (probably why I use gifs so much now), which can lead to things don't make sense to other people.

9. Umami

Umami Squib

Nah, I get the policing if there's a potential threat, but I just can't imagine anything anyone could say at that point about the gun (especially not given the context) that could in any way be a threat to the town or give scum useful information, which is why I leaned toward the latter. Honestly, she hasn't done anything else to ping me, but I think it's prob easier for scum to look convincing once there's more to build on like there is now. I know it's weak but it stood out in a way that fire's post and 3 jumping on it did not at all to me

10. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Meh, I'm not catching up tonight. Try two tomorrow

@Keldeo answer #251 please - do you have any reads you'd care to share at this point?

@tom vote on gemma, why? Read on Grape, why?
    Also, I asked earlier: Show me any one Umami post where you can connect a mysterious agendaism please

@Grapefruit21 in simple terms, where do you fall on tom then?

@fontisian I asked a question earlier, tired. Surprised by the conviction on your gemma read and I'd like to single out its root, so let's do that together, awww.

@TerRaine @M Plus 7 where are you?

Fuck, I need rest. Night!

11. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

No, I've never seen grape as mafia.

My point is more that if he's mafia here, I feel it's a bit unlikely he's mafia with tom, and I think if he were mafia pushing town tom, he'd want to get people on board with the push, but he didn't present it effectively for that goal. The original reasoning was vague and his later reasoning was cloaked in an obscure metaphor that many people didn't understand.

I recognize the danger in the "they would be arguing it better if they were a wolf" idea is that wolves are perfectly capable of making an argument that flops - it was a pretty early and mild town feel, and it dropped when he didn't talk about much other stuff. But I ended up ~liking his follow up on it in the end.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I have read the post. You might be confused because when I voted fire I hadn't bothered to refresh thread and see the automerge or anything else.

13. Umami

Umami Squib

@Gemma what do you think of Grape?

14. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I'm not totally sure I get what you mean by spectating, so let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

If you're talking about like, waiting and seeing how things play out, asking people questions instead of starting a wagon or something, yeah, I do that a lot. I don't really have an end goal, I'll say stuff when it comes to mind and I haven't seen anything that really pulls me one way or the other yet - that's why I ask questions and I'm not making strong statements.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Haha, I can imagine this is definitely pretty different from a casual irl game.

I don't really feel strongly about that read you quoted, what made you want to pull out that post in particular? Do you have any thoughts on fonti or Umami?

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Ask me something specific.

16. Umami

Umami Squib

Right there with you, any show or reading recs?
    --- Post automerged ---
    saw the cat and iso-ed fluff instead of grape. Found grape, but don't really have a specific question. Grape seems to have no reads and specifically says he has no read on you--is that typical? Does Grape usually pretty selectively focus on Tom?

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Would like to hear the word when you come up with it.
    Because I thought that post was fairly obviously true i just couldnt decide if it was AI

18. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Hmmm okay.

Are "shallow/disconnected thoughts/pushes" or "lack of deep curiosity/solving" accurate phrases? Because if so, I think I agree, but also I just don't think that's super wolf indicative a day into the phase. Is it wolfy for Gemma?

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    ~explained, dont have a read, cannot. Respectively
    --- Post automerged ---
    Accurate but not neccesarily relevant?
    Im more in a "positioning" vein here
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well...
    Choose not to. I assume I could
    --- Post automerged ---
    Either way. Not the point.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Grape isn't a regular here and I don't really know him as a player very well so I can't help you sorry. Do you have any feelings about his tom stuff other than noting that he's been selectively focusing on him?