1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I actually think I like Keldeo atm, and am leaning town on them.

I have no thoughts on Grape.

2. Umami

Umami Squib

Wait, I don't think tom's town

3. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

You don’t need to cool it on the stream of consciousness if it’s natural for you, it’s good to know what you’re thinking.

4. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Yeah, basically this. On the contrary, increase the level of stream of consciousness, if anything.

5. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

So is he anchoring or is he mafia? If he’s mafia his reads and progressions are more fabricated because he already knows everything, so the strength of his initial impressions doesn’t have to do with what he posts?

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Bruh
    Come to mtgs we get 3-5 of them per game
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes thats his point.

In that case, you dont think im town but youd like to say my instincts must not be very good. Rather a contradiction, that might well be explained by you being scum that knows I'm town and sought to change my mind, forgetting that youre supposed to think im scum making shit up

7. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Yeah

I think I come down on the town side when I look at her play tonally and positionally, but then the actual content and her thoughts and how those fit together with what she focuses on don’t make a ton of sense to me

Do you think it means anything that fire’s read on Miner is more externally reliant than his other reads, which are more contrary?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Because my interpretation of that particular aspect of the read if fire is mafia is that it seems like deferring responsibility, but in the same post he expresses ideas that make me think he might shy away from being wrong as mafia.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That “site regular” archetype was basically everyone from my own home site a couple years back, hehe. I don’t think anyone was there solely to play mafia, though now there are a couple transplants from MU who are.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

At the moment I'm thinking kinda like this:

Waco

Tom
    Sloth
    Fonti
    Grape

-------
    Sera
    Cuth
    Fire
    Terr

Keldeo
    M+7
    Fluff

Umami
    Gemma

--- Post automerged ---
    Can you talk to me about your reads a little more? As you can see, these line up with what I'm thinking, but for different reasons. Is the gun thing really the biggest reason you have a town read on the Fontisian slot? Because I rate that as pretty NAI. Is there anything else from her play that makes you think she is town?

Same thing with your Gemma read, is there anything else besides just "I'm going off the strength of FOnti's read" that makes you thing Gemma is scum?

Hey Miner!

Yes I believe he did say that. Wait, you're saying you think Grape defended Gemma because he thought she was scum? That doesn't make sense to me. Yes, you have to individually read each player, but shouldn't you also make those determinations by including their interactions with others, and seeing if those interactions make sense coming from different roles (town vs town, town vs scum, scum vs scum etc)?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think I want to tick Fire down a bit after that post. May mark him NA with Gemma as well

9. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Vote: Umami

Waco, Tom, and Sloth can be town for now. I want to include Cuth but am going to hold off for a bit. Still not all the way there on Gemma/Miner but I'm not opposed to it either.

10. GeneralHankerchief

What's holding you back on Gemma/Miner, Grape?

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Getting too townread, makes me uncomfortable, gonna be less transparent.

12. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I just haven't been able to grasp the case. Probably due to lack of close reading, but the defensive reaction isn't enough for me. And the floating wasn't convincing on it's own. I also haven't been particularly motivated to go back and read it because enough people are chasing that lead down.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's really just laziness and not looking at the source material. The cases alone haven't done it for me.

13. GeneralHankerchief

Mm, ok.

How much experience do you have with Gemma?

14. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I've been in probably more than 5 but less than 10 games with her. I have a feel for her personality but not enough to confidently make meta reads of her.

15. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I'm now here, going to resume my catch-up but hoping to realtime with folks off and on as well if possible.

16. GeneralHankerchief

Gotcha. Was just wondering if you had gotten false positives (or negatives, or just general misreads) on her before.
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Excellent
    *sharpens knives*

18. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Hey GH! Cool to see you here. You better be town this time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oooh, now you've made me that much more excited to be current on the thread.

19. GeneralHankerchief

You know, it's funny. I wasn't sure whether you were going to go with a "hey man, excited to play with you again" type of greeting to me or a "rrrrr 2018 finale #neverforget" type of greeting, and I had actually figured out which style would mean what for your alignment, and then you went ahead and gave me a little of each option, so now I have no idea what to do with it. o_O

(also, good to see you too man, hope all's well!)

20. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Lmao, I love this. I would like to say that this post alone makes you town regardless of my feelings of your slot prior, but that would be silly of me. Maybe. Actually, maybe not. Fuck it. You're town.

Thanks, likewise! Things are good, although it's been about the craziest couple of years I could have imagined, actually scratch that, more than I could have imagined. But now at least I have more time for stuff like this as well, which is also good.