1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

That sounds agreeable to me, I look forward to it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sigh, I finally am caught up and have some time and no one is around. :p

I don’t really want to do ISOs right now. I want to interact with someone! AMA, my name is M Plus 7, and this is a mafia game.

GH, post again soon please. Anyone for that matter.

2. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Sorry boss, it's after 11 on the East Coast and I have a busy day of, uh, being quarantined tomorrow. Gotta make sure I'm fully rested and all that.

3. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Oh, right, well... West Coast problems, lol.

I understand you though, I will be in bed before I reasonably probably should be.

4. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Hi GH!

I'm being voted because I'm not engaged enough in a low-volume 5-day-long d1 with friends, nice nice.

5. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I don’t think that’s an accurate representation of what I said at all.

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Umami is someone I feel like I should feel more strongly about than I do. I think part of it might be that a lot of the game, both on paper and in my head, is heavily connected with tom in such a way that there's a relatively clear picture I can understand and am mostly okay with in a world where he's a villager and another world I haven't really thought through deeply where he's a wolf, and I really want to just say here you're town let's move on and reevaluate if you're still alive in a few days? But it's tom and I'm not comfortable with that and am trying to reconstruct a picture of his mindset in the game we just played to compare to this and really the only thing is that he seems more comfortable being vocal, but that seems like it might be an affected-by-anon thing idk.

With that out of the way, I don't really like Umami's push on tom, it came across to me as a bit of an "i'm pushing this but i don't really buy it"?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm going to respond to what you said specifically in a bit so I'll correct if I came away with the wrong ideas but my impression was that you felt I had too few posts about random not-solving-related things versus solving-related-things. For which I'm entirely unapologetic.
    --- Post automerged ---
    How is one supposed to read Fluff, anyway?
    --- Post automerged ---
    More about the mindset than the window dressing. If you'd said there was a big difference in, like, level of comfort or ease of posting as a wolf I'd figure that would likely have a noticeable impact and I would feel better about you.

7. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

That is more accurate, yes, the ratio was off IMO. It isn’t that you inherently aren’t engaged in the abstract. And I fully recognize part of that could be on me, but it’s nonetheless the continuous impression I received.

But that’s fine, by all means. I didn’t ask for an apology. I’m curious to hear more of where your head is at.

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I'm tired enough that I keep writing things like "<adjective> and <other adjective>" but the second one is just the same as the first one, so if I sound a little loopy please forgive me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Would you say a lot happened in the first three pages (100 ppp) of the game? Sure, there was the tom/grapefruit thing and the gemma/fonti thing, but it still feels like we've barely left the casual chit-chat catching up phase of the game.

9. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Hey Cuth, I suspect you have a lot you intend to say, but what’s your familiarity with Keldeo’s game? Curious given your conversation with him.

10. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Cuth, what do you think of Miner's slot?

11. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I don’t feel that way, personally. As far as games I’ve played, it feels like this game progressed out of shitposting and into a relatively serious Day 1 relatively quickly. But I’ll admit I typically take Day 1 as seriously as I can.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Look who’s getting tired, saying relatively twice. Yikes.

12. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

The best way to describe my impressions of Sloth, Keldeo, and Waco is that they're off in the corner placidly playing tug of war while having a stare-off and seeing who lets go first. Needless to say, this doesn't really help me get any read on their alignment. I don't think either of the first two have strayed much from my picture of their village play from MCU, but that's about it,
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have a little note in my brain saying "figure out where the general pivot of good-will happened during the gemma/fonti conversation and why there's basically no pushback from either side (in terms of actually defending not in terms of taking a position)", and I think in terms of a potential two-person w/v pairing it has some merit, but that isn't really how I'd expect Gemma to a) push fonti or b) react to fonti pushing back if she was a wolf and expected it, and the emotional stuff is all a mess and Miner isn't here. I wouldn't be unwilling to lynch there, and he's probably near the bottom of the very vague poe i have in my mind, but there's no clarity. What about you?

13. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I find this perspective fascinating because those three players have approached things in distinct ways in my mind.

what is MCU by the way? I meant to ask earlier but it slipped my mind.

14. Umami

Umami Squib

I'm obviously not saying I'm certain your scum--I'm just saying that I see 2 likely possibilities, one being your scum and the other being your anchoring. Sorry if that wasn't clear

15. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I think the post is fairly self-contained. I felt you felt like you were over-explaining your thoughts on tom (I then went ahead and did the same thing so we're probably all good there).

16. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

That’s fair, I was just trying to see if it lead you anywhere else with respect to an alignment read, or if it was an observation only.

17. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I mean I'll admit I've mostly glazed over the actual discussions but I think their approaches/interactions have been somewhat similar.

Marvel Cinematic Universe, a Thing game on MU with DLP-heavy crowd... last month? Fluff, tom, and I were wolves.

18. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Hmmm... interesting, and thanks. If I get curious I’ll go see if I can dig it up so I have a general feel for it.

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

It's okay! I'm making more incisive game-relevant posts that go places now!

20. Umami

Umami Squib

I'm saying grape tried to do a test to gauge others' reactions to gemma, which is what grape said? I'm accepting that grape's defense that it was a test of reactions and that it was not a scum/scum interaction. Since in this scenario grape is town and grape has no concrete knowledge, grape potentially reading gemma as scum does not make that read factual. I mean, I'm with others' mindset that fonti knows gemma best so her read gets the most weight--I'm just saying that we should also consider a world where gemma was an easy bus