1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Fuck i like this post.

Unvote

2. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

And he also specifically said he doesn't wolf hunt, he PoE's people as a matter of playstyle.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Doesn't really look at all like Falcon, does it?

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

I was going to make a post about that M7 wall, but my head is killing me, so I'm just going to ask for M7 to explain his reads, particularly (because I know you probably dont want to make a blurb about everyone) the townbloc that you've created.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Good night, ping me if you need me to answer something tomorrow.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    He is not faking his engagement level. If hes a wolf, its nothing more sinister than lampshading so he can ramp up and "overcome" that and look towny. It is never faking engagement level for gain. Thats not a thing wolf m7 considers

Its much more likely a mild demotivated feeling hes talked himself out of as either alignment, and completely NAI.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Also shows background thinking.

If fluffs a wolf thats very impressive or very well coached.

7. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Wrt the first part: that's what I said, yes, but I still think him making several consecutive melancholic posts about it in the way he did would feel mildly slimy as a wolf there. Maybe I'm wrong, but he strikes me as that kind of guy.

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Yeah. Fluff's reads as a wolf tended towards the... cardboard cutout end of the spectrum.

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Why aren't posts automerging?

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Lets townread fluff and pressure keldeo

Vote keldeo

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Vote keldeo

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

@tom

I find this train of thought incredibly interesting, thanks for sharing in such detail.

re: the bolded/underlined, that's pretty funny, because although my scum game is basically just "try to act like my town game", which is why you're right to call a decent amount of this NAI -- if anything I personally think those are flipped for me, especially early in games. Because as scum I have a certain agenda to push, I find it really hard to let go of control of the thread, whereas when I'm town I don't have anything to lose per se by doing that (except maybe other than weakening my position to be mislynched).

re: links to other game, here is my first reads list of any sort during the finale game in Season 5. Early on I was generally current and posted so many times in each game that I didn't have any single wall post early on like I did here if I recall correctly. I thought about additionally pulling games from The Syndicate or elsewhere but I haven't played in a while anywhere so I'm not even sure off the top of my head what a good reference game would be. If you really are interested in more though I can go looking, I wouldn't mind.

13. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

No, not at this time. I'll inevitably be sure to let you all know when I do one way or the other though, lol.

14. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I'm around alternating random distractions and rereading d1, please feel free to hit me up with any questions or discussion points.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ok just a quick look at that link is enough for now.

Think im settled on:
    A lot of what ive been thinking about wrt m+7 is likely NAI.
    Which...
    Called it

Maybe lightly town just on feels from this convo.

Think the "wouldnt bother for a buddy" thing applies still.
    Very unlikely w/w with keldeo

16. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I appreciate the perspective. It's hard for me to comment on it because I'm not really sure how I would be feeling right now if I were scum, or in general for that matter. I would like to think that when I'm scum I'd do whatever I'd have to in order to win the game, although there certainly is a line I wouldn't cross. It's hard for me to assess what that line is at this moment. If I was genuinely feeling some emotions as scum I generally wouldn't shy away from airing those in the thread, but past a certain point I would feel guilty about it as scum. It depends on the exact circumstances.

I'm not sure I would say this thread environment would be conducive to that, however, because it's early and there's so much uncertainty and we mislynched D1, but I also don't know who the scum are and if any of us are looking at them hard or not.

17. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

That is correct, yeah.

I'm feeling really good about what Miner has been doing today, and thinking back on thread environment and momentum I'm increasingly thinking we had town v. town as the leading wagons on D1, and scum may have preferred Umami to die first because Miner looked like an easier target to lynch later (maybe? otherwise idk), but I'll update this opinion when I go back and look.

I also think Cuth has screamed town ever since that conversation we had.

I need to really explore a world where Keldeo is scum and ISO him, so he admittedly could be a blind spot for me, but he's consistently read the most genuine to me all game at this point.

And tom is pretty evidently town, don't feel inclined to elaborate there.

The rest of my reads are like... very slight right now. Basically I wasn't sure so I put a gun to my head and asked myself whether they were town or scum, and they came out on one side or the other. I'm surely wrong about something. I'll need to go back and look about these players and/or talk to them directly.

18. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

What exactly do you like about it?

19. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Hey Miner, see that post I just made to Grape; I tried to do it succinctly lol. Let me know if you have further questions though.

20. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

This is good to know, I'll consider this when evaluating Fluff.

Also, why did the posts stop auto-merging? That is really weird.