1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Hey @Cobalt

Where's your head at right now? Because your slot iss one of the places I'm considering firing at.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't particularly like Grape's opening posts toDay. I feel like town has more urgency there since if I miss its MYLO.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Keldeo/Waco as a world isn't out of the question I guess. I don't recall them interacting much at all, mostly focusing on opposite sides of the thread.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think I'm shooting fluff or M+. I am unsure of how much I trust osi's read of Cuth, I didn't really find his push on osi particularly scummy and feel that it's more likely OMGUS than anything else.

2. Rhand

Rhand Muggle

Miner I don’t think scum would give you the gun if those reads were correct.
    It costs them a mislynch candidate and very possibly one of their own. That makes no sense.

3. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Not mediocre but not someone able to take control of a game. A very solid role player but a role player nonetheless. A JR Smith type for any basketball fans out there. I know I'm limited but every now and then I forget I'm not the best player on my team and do something incredibly stupid. But when I'm plugged in I'm a solid contributor who can't lead anything.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway I don't know who scum is but I'll do some more Iso's in the morning.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Miner do you mean the totality of my posts or just the first few blaise ones?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway there is wine to giving Miner the gun. So much wine. Do they want me cleared so there isn't a scum shot and a "weaker" townie is the confirmed town? Do they want Miner to second guess themselves and listen to someone pocketing them? Am I scum lying through my teeth trying to bluff Miner? There are so many options and I can't begin to guess which is right.

4. Rhand

Rhand Muggle

Why are you considering being scum yourself as an option Grape? lol

And it’s not all wine. I’m pretty sure scum isn’t going to go all “let’s pick someone who is scum reading us and convince him he’s wrong”. That’s just ridiculous play. Miner must be wrong about at least 2 of his top suspects.

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

You do know Miner dies if he shoots a villager, right? (If I read the rules right)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, mostly that with a side of general mindmelding and gh liking him early on. I wouldn't bet my life on him being a villager, and I'll take a look if somehow we're both alive in lylo or something but he's with fluff above the line I'm drawing in the sand for reevaluating today.

6. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Hey, I'm here!
    Summarizing my thoughts briefly: I don't seem to know what I'm doing this game. I have so far lead or had a hand in leading all 3 wagons, all of which are now conf!town.
    I'm going to step back from a proactive position into a reactive one toDay. Blank slate.
    Mp7/Keldeo to ISO - likely not w/w if tom's to be believed? I think I follow and agree with 944 on that.

Aside from that...meh. I'm looking for distractions, so @ me, I will answer.

7. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I also don't think tom would ever get lynched here, barring surviving super late and people getting paranoid, but he was overall assuming the town leader role and don't think anyone seriously questioned it d2.

I'd say "once he's had enough time to come and talk about it and have a good think or two" but definitely at most 24 hours before eod is probably best, so we're not scrambling last minute.

8. Sloth

I mentioned this before: That's how I go about solving games, find scum and build teams around them, then figure out which makes more sense.
    I did it D1 with Gemminer/Umami, any reason why you didn't bring it up then?

Out of curiosity, what post are you referring to here, and why was it towny?

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Only if we mislynch too. If we hit tonight even if you miss we're up 5-2, I think.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think you're definitely right in that they're not going to give the gun to someone who has a correct list of 3 top wolfreads, but I could totally see, say, a team with grape deciding that if they give miner the gun he's probably not going to shoot his top wolfread purely because of the wifom (not advocating a grape shot, but I think this is more likely than wolves assuming the player is likely to shoot the person they've been quite clear about wanting to lynch).
    --- Post automerged ---
    Rhand, I'm uncomfortable with how much you've been talking about the shot/how much you've been pushing a single narrative there, honestly.

10. Sloth

Let's not Wifom the hell out of ourselves on this gun thing, cool? Gun's miner's. Let's take it from there and not cloud issues.
    Only real question here is, @Miner how open are you to letting the group as a collective decide who you shoot?

@M Plus 7 When you voted Waco yesterday, was there anything other than 'underwhelming' guiding that vote? And if so, can you verbalize it?
    @Grapefruit21 ditto in regards to your vote on me. Yes, I'm still on this. Yes, I know you wanted to start another wagon and saw me as one of the potential ones. No, that's not enough and don't pretend it is.

Still here periodically.
    --- Post automerged ---
    hm. Keldeo, who would you shoot if given the gun?
    (yay can ask these now)
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Keldeo ^

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Sloth, who'd you shoot?

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Keldeo gets to be my first town since he was the first one to acknowledge my existence.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh god, multiple people think Tom is town?

What kind of game did I sub myself into?

13. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Hey, how much have you read?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also Tom's a flipped villager.

14. Sloth

@Cobalt I, too, am certain tom's town. Whatchu gon' do 'bout it?

Probably one of Keldeo in terms of gut response.
    But I also don't think I'd just immediately jump there and observe how things develop.
    Outside chance of Grape/M7 still, depending on how things go, but until eoD2 I have Grape as one of my stronger townreads and M7 I was cooling off on based on connections.

Why do you think the CFD yesterDay points to these two not likely being scum anyway?

15. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Is there supposed to be a second name here?

16. Sloth

originally was going to toss in M7, but decided not to for reasons I explain later in the post. Forgot to take out the "one of" :shrug:

And my question?

17. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

There’s no read on Umami in 286? That paragraph is talking about why he was townreading fonti, he mentions Umami’s read on fonti as something he gets but doesn’t agree with.

From the one thing you’ve posted about me (wanting to ISO me yesterDay) I didn’t get the impression that you had a strong read on me either way, so there’s no reason I would be in your towncore. Why do you ask?
    --- Post automerged ---
    No clue. Maybe a low content slot like Seratin/Cobalt or maybe fire/Rhand, someone I might not get to town on. But realistically it would depend most on the results of ISOs and whether I see realistic re-evaluation from people who’ve been thinking I’m mafia, because I don’t have a great grasp on the game atm.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm willing to hear people make their case on who they want shot, but I don't think I'm going to shoot based on some kind of voting system.

19. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

[
    What do you mean, cooling on MP7 based on connections?
    --- Post automerged ---
    And “gut response”, is that a gut response to receiving the gun, or gut response in scumreading me?

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm pretty sure there's a decent amount of wine with this gun. I do however think that someone who has played with me a decent amount before handed out this gun, because I didn't think I was the top option to receive it, although I definitely knew it was possible.