1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Can you talk to me about your process on how you go solving a game/finding scum/etc.?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would only be fluff? Kinda feel like most DLP regulars are dead or conf!Town now.
    This is not me saying fluff must be scum (even if he was, he'd have partners to convince?) but that this is probably not something that played into the choice?

Which ties back onto wine, which ties back onto let's not confuse ourselves by bending backwards to figure it out.

2. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Highly POE based. Find town via initial reaction to their posts or ISOs, lynch outside them, ??? profit. If there are flipped scum, I try to figure out who they’re not with, mostly via interaction analysis, although I do that at a low level within my own POE even if there aren’t. More a support player than a leader.

Sorry to be brief, I have to go. Does that answer your question?

3. Sloth

Tom's note on Dacy-or-whatever, and M Plus 7's response to it. He says he wants to be townread to form his towncore and solve the game together. I actually believe him, he moves with that group mentality.
    Do I believe he must be town in return, no: He knows this so he can fake it. But I'm re-evaluating and prodding as a result.
    As an aside, I was also connecting him to you, but more and more I agree with 944 that that's probably unliekly.

As for gut response? Hrm. Good question.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hm. I worded that slightly wrong: he moves with that looking-for-group mentality*

4. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Why does it?

Also, what CFD?

Also, have you talked about Keldeo much or?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Do you even really have wolfreads?

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

Waco was who I was aiming that part at. M+ and Cuth have both played with me before as well, although the strength of that is :/

6. Sloth

....why does it what?

Also, this CFD:
    Which I assumed was in regards to the last minute votes yesterdays on Grape/Waco/me.

Also, I've been softing on Keldeo since D1 - discussed it with tom, wanted to talk about it yesterDay but tom wanted to hear Miner on his own, which I respected (nothing ever came of that, I think). If you're going to try to shade me over something Keldeo related, it should be doing it over me being coy about it without being firm. Trying to imply I haven't talked about it is silly.

Also, definitely not strong ones, to my chagrin. Why, what are yours?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't like the wording of this post. Feels like someone sharpening the knives, having chosen an easy target. Especially that last question. Why even (see what I did there?) word it like that? Or ask it at all when I opened toDay by noting that my reads so far have been shit and being defeatist? Unless you're trying to seize on to that, that is.
    Yeah, if that's what you were going for, sorry buddy - it's gonna bite you in the ass =P

@M Plus 7 talk to me about your hard read on Cuth, add him to your ISOs. Has anything changed?

woo! second wind

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh Tom is a flipped villager.

Okay that makes sense then.

8. Sloth

It's what I was looking for.
    Can you self-meta your scum game? I think you did it before, or pointed to a game, but. Lazy.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii need a lot more time to read before I can form actual opinions

Am being lazy on my day off and will get to it eventually

@Miner not a good idea to shoot me regardless of what my slot did / didn't do

10. Sloth

LOL. Is this a townderp? Thoughts?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nah, probably not. Funny though.

11. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I mean given the way Miner has been out for my blood I think it's quite plausible they are only wrong about one. And I was doing that for everyone else's benefit. It's an annoying Tom quirk that's rubbed off on me.

Yes, but that doesn't really change anything I said.

I wanted a different wagon and putting Rhand and his case to the test was a nice bonus. And I felt there was much more of a chance of people voting you in a pinch than Cuth who was the only other option.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm very disappointed that no one commented on my JR Smith self comparison. Hoping spec chat won't let me down.
    Going to go reread Osie's Cuth case.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The PBPA isn't overly convincing. Mostly it makes the case that Cuth tried to pocket me and tom and is potentially buddies with Keldeo and acts like he's had more impact than is observed. The last part sounds decidedly NAI. I'll double check the Keldeo stuff in a bit though.

12. Sloth

The thing is that you keep bringing up Rhand as for why you were doing this, and that just makes no sense to me.
    In these posts you're essentially saying you have a vague townread (I thought it was stronger, honestly, wasn't I third in your list?), but are willing to vote me on Rhand's word despite also saying that you're not comfortable on his alignment either way.

There's a lot of "I'm following Rhand's read, if Sloth flips town, it's definitely not my fault, I was townreading him!"

Let's say I had been lynched. I flip town. Does that mean Rhand must be scum, to you?
    The answer is no, btw. So what test were you putting his case on?
    --- Post automerged ---
    ...wait, deja vu, is this Osie all over again?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Shit. I need a third opinion.
    Anyone?

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

Can someone who's played with Grape before tell me how he plays as town and/or scum when the read he's most confident in is wrong?

14. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

You were but I don't have many strong reads this game. And the answer is yes, I was willing to blindly follow Rhand. I called it a leap of faith for a reason. Your flip wouldn't solve his alignment either way but it would be a very large data point. A scum flip isn't clearing but is close. A town flip puts him under scrutiny and very much would have depended on his behavior toDay. Instead he's still largely inscrutible.

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Nah, super easy to fake. derpclear denied.

16. Sloth

My immediate impression reading this is to wonder what it would take for you to clear someone.

Where do you stand on Keldeo right now?

17. Rhand

Rhand Muggle

You should read that paragraph again. I’s Umami he’s townreading there and he agrees with them.

You’re asking me a lot off stuff about my reads and somehow it feels hollow. Like you don’t really care about my answers.

18. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

A cop check? I have been training myself not to clear people. He'd be in a reevaluate only at XLO category but I wouldn't blindly trust him then.

And I think Keldeo is scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ohhh hey! Someone else seeing it.

Getting a similar vibe from Sloth right now as well.

19. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

No, it's not, I'm pretty sure it's a townread of fonti because I was specifically asking for his read on her?
    What I think this means is "Umami doesn't like Fonti's post 6. I get Umami's read. But I think Fonti was just trying to be town police there." This is disagreeing with Umami's read because Umami scumread Fonti for that moment. The pronoun "she" is ambiguous, but Fonti was the one "going out on a limb like that super early," so I think it's about Fonti.

I care! Apparently I've been bad at expressing that this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think we were talking about townreads of him before he flipped, though. :V
    --- Post automerged ---
    Grape's justification about Rhand does track with his EOD posting.

20. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

My apologies everyone, got busier than expected over the last 24 hours. I'm going to try to catch up quickly now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hi Cobalt!
    --- Post automerged ---
    I appreciate you pointing these out, but I wouldn't say that any of them make me feel particularly about Waco one way or the other.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What else do you need at this point? You haven't really been trying to go out of your way to interact with me despite the fact that I'm doing that with you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    How was tom a possible mislynch? It never felt like he was in serious dangerous of that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My instinct is to wait as late as possible because more data = better decision theoretically, but that's my instinct with everything. I see your point about leaving some time to re-evaluate though.