1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Rhand

Rhand Muggle

Not much, no. I got townvibes early on, but again an old read now. And apparently I’ve been misreading stuff she said.

Now? You’re probbaly right.
    YesterDay EoD? I had Sloth/tom/Fluff. Miner had Grape/Keldeo/Seratin.
    Completely different names. I think chances were good that that world existed.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Falling asleep now. I’ll do some iso’s tomorrow.

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

?????????????

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I understand you're confident about your reads, but I kinda feel like that the fact that there was that much difference from person to person makes it more likely rather than less.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll grant you that the wolves probably went for as safe a gun-giving as they could, but I think hard-basing reads off of it is super flimsy.

4. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Sorry, just making sure I understand, you’re saying that you think everyone is correctly suspecting at least one wolf?

I’m inclined to agree just because there aren’t a ton of hiding places anymore

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I can't say for certain but I think it's likely enough that level 1 clearing people just because they were suspected by the person who got the gun is bad.

Alternatively there's a world in which we've majorly miscleared at least one or two people, but that seems dubious as well. There's not, overall, as much a stratified group of consensus villagers and group of consensus suspicious people as a bunch of people who might be wolves, maybe, and whom everyone has different opinions on? And I'm sure things will start falling into place wrt worlds once we flip one, but obviously we've not done that yet.

6. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Hey Keldeo, so I ISOed Waco, and I cross-checked it with your own ISO of Waco post in #1440. I think we generally agree although if anything I see it more harshly than you do.

I would say that practically nothing in it reads particularly town to me, but not much of it reads particularly damning either. I see much more room for scum agenda than I do for genuine town solving though, and this is what greatly concerns me.

I think his EOD2 about Grape reads more like casting shade than genuinely confused, for example. I actually didn't like the way he handled Umami because I more so did not get the sense that he was trying to develop a read, it read more like he just wanted to seem like he was asking questions.

I agree 100% that his reads are pretty opportunistic. There's really almost nothing that sets his reads apart at any given time from general thread consensus, more so than almost anyone else's reads iirc.

There's no smoking gun for sure, but I think Waco is in much need of a lot of pressure. I would be very much in support of a shot and/or lynch in that direction.
    --- Post automerged ---
    VOTE: WACO

7. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I'm drunk and achey and emotionally drained.
    Perfect time to do mafia! /cracks knuckles let's a-go!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also my vodka's gone, so I guess that's a thing.

8. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Read a bit will try to get to some more soon. I have two thoughts.

First 12 hours is too close to the deadline for my taste.

Second Rhands confidence in the Miner being wrong and that's why they got the gun feels performative. Rhand is stubborn and confident but I don't think he believes that as strongly as he's projecting if he's town.

9. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I tried ISOing Sloth and I didn't make it, blarg. Brain not functioning. I will have to try again in the morning. I will be here as much as possible tomorrow Pacific time.

Here are my reads (alphabetical within tiers) as of now in case I am not here again until after the shot:

Towncore -- would never shoot or lynch today
    Cuth
    Grape
    Keldeo

Probably town -- would prefer not to shoot or lynch today
    Fluff

POE -- would shoot or lynch in this group today
    Rhand
    Seratin
    Sloth
    Waco

I wanted to get my POE down to three but I don't feel comfortable town reading any of these folks at this time. I'm going to try to sort out those four reads in greater detail ASAP; that's my first priority assuming no other key in-thread developments.

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'll be in and out over the next couple of hours

11. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Yeah. that clearly didn't work.
    Sorry, fell asleep. Will try again in the morning.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Night!

12. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I'm here and multitasking but starting to look through Sloth.

Hey! If you're still around, are you looking for interaction/questions or do you just want to do your own thing for a while?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'd like to see a rainbow list from you, either way.

13. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Gotta say, I'm pretty stoked about the possibility of waking up to a dead wolf.

14. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Hi Cuth! Can I get a reads list from you?

15. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

In classic sorbet form:

Cuth
    Miner

Fluff
    M+7
    Keldeo
    Grape
    Cobalt
    Sloth
    Waco
    Rhand

--- Post automerged ---
    For the record, I started out trying to group them in categories with people I felt roughly the same about and just ended up with a newline between each individual name, so I decided to go the continuum route.

16. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Thanks!

Can you talk to me a little bit about what makes you dislike Waco?

I want to finish thinking about Sloth before I talk through what MP7 mentioned about him.

17. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

For the record, I started out trying to group them in categories with people I felt roughly the same about and just ended up with a newline between each individual name, so I decided to go
    I am furious at this website-- first that post showed as me, then as rhand, and only then as you. There was a moment where I was questioning whether I'd been talking to you or rhand in the first place, and nothing made sense.

Anyway: I don't honestly have that much of an opinion on Waco's content itself-- it's nothing dramatic one direction or the other, but I think he fits into a lot of teams from a world-building perspective, and there haven't been any moments recently that have really made me sit up and say "hey maybe he really is a villager".

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I've been re-reading in between other multi-tasking. Basically ready to stab my eyes out with the Aprils fools stuff

19. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Yeah, the changes are a pain. Nothing we can do about it, though. :/

Sloth thoughts:

On like, a holistic level, it's not super impressive because he's mostly pushed villagers, and he dropped off / became more defensive after day 1, with a pretty underwhelming day toDay in particular. After looking into the scumgame that we played together a few months ago, some of the initial reasons that I TRed him don't seem AI for him - being wide-ranging in his posting early on, for example.

I do still like this post because I feel like he actually cares about dissecting the Umami post he's talking about...

His scumread of me on day 1 was really "wink wink, I'll never tell", and he's still never actually laid it out, which indicates to me that he might've been less interested in actively pushing for me to be lynched (even after I became a wagon yesterDay), and more interested in solving me - watching my interactions and seeing whether I continue to fit whatever pattern he saw. I feel like that's >rand town as a mentality, even though he kind of never expanded on it beyond continuing to scumread me.

Same thing with the posts where he like... just told me post numbers for why he was liking Umami really early, and said he was "cooling on MP7 for interactions" but was readily able to expand on them - though that's weaker. Instead of just going all in on Grapefruit, he sort of walked himself back with reference to his past misreads. Asking Rhand not to respond to his case before Osie did indicates that he wanted to try to solve Osie in that way (alternatively, he was trying to find something to push villager Osie for).

It's like... he seems to have reads and thoughts in the background that he's not showing off. I don't know for sure how AI that is for him - I know that he constructs persona/mindset reads for people even when he's mafia - but I like it. Probably a townread-ish on par with Grapefruit, although Sloth has done less today than Grape has, on the level of "he's pushed villagers, but I've liked little things."

I'm gonna reread Rhand's cases now, but I thought Sloth's justification toward Rhand was fine and matched up with what he'd said originally.

20. Rhand

Rhand Muggle

I’m not fully townclearing Keldeo and Seratin, they are my lean towns. As I said, I think miner is wrong about at least 2 of his scum reads, maybe all 3. And I don’t think it’s impossible that it is all 3.
    Especially because they chose miner.