1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

@Cobalt this is the main bit.

2. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Hmm, I don't know if it it moves the needle for me that much?

It's based on a conjecture about a pretty narrow set of posts - the micro scale is similar to his early read on Sloth. I guess I can believe that he believes that about those posts. I don't know what he thinks about my later activity or why he doesn't seem to be taking it into account.

I think it seems genuine because it's positionally kind of a weird push for him to make as mafia given that you like me, Cobalt just expressed discomfort POEing me, and I'm near the bottom of Grape's POE but he also doesn't seem to think I'm mafia(?). I guess it could set up for something tomorrow if Fluff is mafia, but I feel like pushing, like, Cobalt then Grapefruit or something would probably be easier for him given the thoughts that everyone else has posted.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can you expand this thought? Why would I need an extra day phase if I already have a good shot at winning?

Is there something specific that makes you suspect Grape or is it just POE? I'm mostly interested in your thoughts on my towncase of him, which Cuth quoted above.

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I guess my hesitation is that basically whoever the wolf is theoretically benefits from not lynching Cobalt today (either because they are cobalt or because if cobalt was a villager alive in f3 it'd be the easiest lynch since sliced beans), and a hard right against consensus poe from town up until now mostly serves to destabilize any remaining structure. But it's fluff, so these aren't massive concerns.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't understand why Cobalt keeps using the term "deep wolf" when literally everyone else in this game is a deep wolf by d4 standards, but hey.

4. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Grapefruit's read reasons are like, the same as they were near early day 3, except he likes me more. I'm pretty okay with that because he hasn't been here that much, and his response to Fluff just now doesn't feel very opportunistic.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I see. I guess I don't really see how his process, like, took him to his conclusion, but I'm still okay with it I guess?

Do you have much experience with him outside of MCU?

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Fair enough, and none whatsoever (I might have played with him on DLP once before but I don't remember.
    --- Post automerged ---
    )

6. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I really don't see myself voting anyone other than Cobalt here. I've talked myself into everyone else being town.

7. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Do you have any thoughts on fluff outside of sheeping Cuth/tom's read?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cuth, do I believe in your Fluff read more than you do? Haha.

Vote Cobalt

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I think the lack of hammers is getting to my head, honestly. Nothing's going on and my brain is full of hang on what if my entire view of the game so far has been upside downs lol.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I regret the level of detachment I’ve had since I subbed in, but that’s what being busy working from home did I guess.

The only piece of advice I’ll give going into the final 3 is that I expect Cuth to die toNight, I expect a F3 of Fluff/Keldeo/Grape. I trust Fluff the most, but no one is lock town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If Cuth is scum he probably wins here

If Fluff is scum he did a complete 180 from his last scum performance and also probably wins here

If Keldeo is scum he likely will have to either backpedal on his town case on Grape, or find a way to convince Grape to vote Fluff if that’s the F3.

I am concern.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

look at me, i am so smart with all these snooty words and complicated things to say.

Votecount 5.1

Cobalt (2): Cuthalion, Keldeo
    Grapefruit21 (1): Cobalt
    Keldeo (1): Fluffiness

Abstaining (1): Grapefruit21

With 5 alive, soft lynch is 3 and hard lynch is 4.

Deadline is here; about ~6 hours remain.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Honestly, it’s probably better that I’m lynched toDay.

If I convinced the thread to vote elsewhere and I wound up being wrong, it’s an auto-loss since everyone votes me in F3 regardless.

In my eyes, better to give the opportunity to the last two villagers to figure everything out in F3.

12. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Sorry if I missed it, but what are your thoughts on the Grape towncase, Cobalt?
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Fluffiness @Grapefruit21 Hey, we need one more vote on Cobalt in the next 2 hours to reach soft lynch

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It’s frustrating because I want to believe everyone but I don’t have the same amount of in game time to feel each person out as everyone else did, I prefer to respond and react in real time and I did slog through his ISO and all it did was make my brain hurt.

Obviously I’m not going to change anything as far as the votes are concerned at this point, so my parting wisdom going into F3 is that NOBODY IS LOCK TOWN. I hope each person cases both other people in F3. We can’t undo all the work we did catching Sloth and Waco just to let it slip in the last minute. Good luck villas.

14. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Cobalt, you're not dying, we didn't get soft lynch

Is anyone here to ensure a lynch?

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ugh

Vote Cobalt

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Votecount 5.2 (Final)

Cobalt (3): Cuthalion, Keldeo, Fluffiness
    Grapefruit21 (1): Cobalt

Abstaining (1): Grapefruit21

With 5 alive, 3 is soft lynch and 4 is hard lynch.

~~

Everyone went up to bed.

However, Cobalt nearly smashed his face into the door. The handle wouldn't budge. He jiggled it some more, but nothing happened. Someone had locked his door.

Cobalt shrugged and left the town hall. He'd just go stay with his parents or something.

~~

Cobalt was lynched! They were a villager.

Night 5 ends in ~24 hours. Here's a timer.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Fillager

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

No one said anything as they all sat around the dining room table. No one could put their finger on it, but there was a distinct feeling in the air -- almost tangible, practically suffocating. This is where it would end.

And then the lights clicked off. Someone gasped, but it was otherwise dead silent. Nobody moved, but somehow, perhaps by its own volition, the lights just as suddenly flipped back on.

Keldeo was gone.

~~

Keldeo was killed in the dark in plain sight in the Night!

Day 6 will end at 8pm EST on Thursday, April 16th. A timer for you.

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. There are no locked votes or soft lynch threshold in endgame.

Livelist:
    1. @Grapefruit21
    2. @Cuthalion
    3. @Fluffiness

Deadlist:
    1. Umami
    2. GeneralHankerchief
    3. Osieorb18
    4. tom
    5. Miner
    6. Sloth
    7. Rhand
    8. The Waco Kid
    9. M Plus 7
    10. Cobalt
    11. Keldeo

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Well, that's lame.

I'll be back later.

20. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Huh....

Time to reset and actually do some iso'ing.