1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    More or less the same as i feel about cuth.

"Wouldnt be my choice, could totally flip wolf"

2. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Since I can actually use words now, I want to return to fonti briefly-- the mindmelding/etc has been talked to death, the NK stuff has been mentioned but the thing that solidified it for me was the gemma interactions throughout the course of the day. Gemma obviously feels both generally and personally responsible for her read on fonti, and was constantly vacillating and sending mixed messages to fonti, and i had the impression that she was visibly... at a loss, I guess, in terms of how to deal with that? But it wasn't like a singular focus, and she didn't try to ignore it, but did things like keep trying to frame that interaction around what she concretely could or could not do rather than ideas? Whereas I think she'd be more likely to lose patience with that sort of interaction/make a solid point and stick there instead of very much a "i'll meet you where i can, but this is how i'm going to play" sort of mindset. I also particularly liked the long post to sloth yesterday-- while I agree with gemma that fonti could write that in her sleep, I don't think it's the way she'd expend her energy as a wolf in that kind of situation, and felt more like town!fonti in terms of "here's a line in the sand, deal with it".

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hey Cuth, anything you want from me to help you do things in the next hour and a half? I was thinking of taking a shit and playing some Foundation until EoD so I can call fonti and watch some She-Ra with her but I just remembered we haven't really done anything together this game and that would be cool too.

4. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

sigh. Let's talk about the reasons that aren't wagonomics.

I'm aware by this point that a Jari yeet might not happen since people don't seem interested enough even to question me on the (lol), but I don't want to vote Cuth and voting out of the {jari, cobalt, font(?)} equation is a real bleh to me.
    I'mma try to make it happen still.

5. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Ugh you wouldn't believe the <spoiler> bs <spoiler spoiler spoiler> they pulle<spoiler spoiler>
    Talk to me when you finish the series.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm just not sure you and myself are going to come to any sort of agreement here when our reads on the players seem to differ so drastically, if you actually want to try and work with me and want to lynch in the [Jari/Cobalt/Fonti] wagon then voting Cobalts the only way to do it, and I don't see you voting him over Jarizok when your reads the opposite of mine there.

/Shrug

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'll probably hang out until deadline but there's always the chance I just go to bed instead.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Uh, I need few likely scum and more likely town to be voting him? The Cuth wagon is all town and tom. The Jari wagon is all scum and you.

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

My top town reads are basically the consensus towncore, and I'm not really worried about that outside of some vague tinfoil hanging around that's really not worth bringing up at this stage in the game.

Have you played with her much in the last ~2 years, and if so what's your impression of her meta? I'm basing most of my assumptions off of the champs game we played together in 2018, and her play is pretty markedly different from that here.

I'll go back and look at it, I've become slightly cautious about buying into fonti's style of smoking gun reads after team mafia-- I think they're absolutely valuable and can often catch wolves, but they're a bit like "slips" in that they can be massive successes when they work but often don't despite sounding quite compelling, and I've found they're more useful seen as a supplement to a preexisting read than a starting place, which, well.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Ooh lit conversations will be had!

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I would appreciate it if you had any prompts for specific reads/specific people, being pretty disengaged from the thread has made it harder to get footholds in the thread and I honestly don't think grand big-picture rereads are the best use of my (or anyone's) time at this point.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Definitely agree re; his predecessor sort of having nothing much in their ISO, and Jaris early play today being fairly lacking but I'd argue that he has tried to make something out of his presence with his case on Cobalt so this seems a bit of an unfair categorization of his play? You've not really commented on much of what you think the case makes for his alignment, or Cobalts.

13. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I don't hate fonti's point on amy/cobalt, now that I've actually read it.

14. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Also, Reg-- "discredit" is a word, you know, and it sounds a lot better than "de-credit".

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I have prompt? If you're town here this is looking like EOD wagons of You/Jarizok, with a fair few of saying we'd be considering moving to Cobalt. So I'd say looking and talking more about Jarizok/Cobalt would probably be the best idea.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Well your counterwagons right now are Jari and Cobalt so I'd suggest going through their ISOs and throwing out whatever takes you have on them. If they're not wolves then, fypov town's in a pretty bad state atm, no? You also have Rubicon fairly low in your readlist, he's on your wagon alongside a bunch of your townreads so maybe some attention to him and tom would be warranted. I'll be around and f5ing if you want to chat about any of the things you see.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    You and your fancy real words. (Woops)

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

(I'm aware you don't think Jari is town.)

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Most of your townreads are townreading rubicon (your 3rd scum) and wolfreading you. Any specifc thoughts there? What went wrong?

I was just talking about not really metaing amy. More oog experience than in game. So idk if i can help you.
    Did you see fonti post about how she thinks they are similar?

And yeah its a little gotcha-y, but ive been yelling about that turnaround on wisp being super agenda-y, its just cool to see a possible source of that agenda

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

You have a fair point, I read that section of my thread on my phone in a sunny hammock and mostly glazed over because it seemed to devolve into "you said" "no i didn't" pretty quickly. Looking at it now.