1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Dear Tom,
    Why did you think Jari was scummier?

What's that, you have no reason and are going to say you'd totally make up a reason as scum? Cool, see you at your yeet.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I fucking talked to cuth
    I didnt talk to jari
    This shit isnt that hard.

Like... at eod jari sucked and cuth was talking to me. Id love to say im more complicated than that. If cuth is a wolf i see in retrospect that i let him pocket me.

You can see my rainbow wall before where jari is a tier lower
    You can see me *actually saying i disagreed with yalls cuth cases* and only voting him because reg asked
    You can see me asking cuth for any excuse to cfd

Like. You keep saying i had no reason to vote jari over cuth but i think that just means you didnt look for one

And keep saying the wagons should matter more to me while simultaneously *lying* about who was on those wagons

And keep... idk
    Trying to read me on someone else's vote logic.

Seems bad. Or maybe wolfy. We'll see

3. fontisian

Ok, so 1.I am not lying about the wagons. I need you, if you're town, to acknowledge that scum!Amy would have been going after Jari, and only voted Cuth when the yeet on him seemed inevitable. You refusing to acknowledge that and repeatedly stating that Amy was voting Cuth over Jari, like that even matters, is just making me more resolved to yeet you.

2. Quote the posts from Cuth talking to you that made you feel like he was town. Talk about why for each one.

3. I also wrote a case on Cuth, and I feel lile you are straight up ignoring its existence. Did you not see it?

4. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I've come back around to here.

vote: Cobalt

I don't think yesterday makes sense otherwise-- there's a possibility of one wolf max in that grouping, but I pretty heavily doubt it. Jari wagon makes most sense from wolves assuming I'm dead one way or another and going for an extra misyeet while they're at it. There was very little momentum on to Cobalt yesterday and I think it just is reasonable from a worlds perspective. I understand if you want to vote me out anyway, but I'll try to be around today and be more engaged and talk things through and all that stuff. Would appreciate no hard maj.

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Reg, don't use up one of your posts responding to me just to regretfully say that you're still convinced I'm a wolf, but I want to reiterate sincere apologies for any of my posting which personally contributed to your frustration with the game-- in particular, my head wasn't in a great place when I directly addressed you the other night. That nonetheless doesn't excuse their existence and the bad feelings they invoked, and I could have handled those thoughts/concerns much better, both in terms of achieving wincon and being pleasant.

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

*evoke

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I’m listening.

8. Dels

Dels Muggle

*smack*

9. fontisian

I'll bond with Dels over the desire to smack Vaimes.

10. Dels

Dels Muggle

Am I going crazy?

You literally said that Cobalt "sticking to reads even when people tell him not to" is "not something he's doing here" even though that's literally been what he's been doing the entire game. And you also described "static" reads as a scumtell and "stubbornly sticking to reads" as a towntell even though stubbornly sticking to reads means they are static. It makes no sense.

If it wasn't for Gemma and Reg vouching for you, everything inside me would be screaming that you are scum. But you can calm down because as it is, I'm not voting for you and don't plan to, because there are other flips to get first and if we get there and I'm still alive and you're still alive then I have no idea what I'll do.

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

Probably continue to listen to Reg and Gemma though. Because you're probably town despite this.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

This is a fun ride I never want to get off.

13. fontisian

I don't get why this is so hard for you to get. "Stubbornly sticking to his reads" when other people are telling him not to is a towntell for Cobalt. That doesn't mean the reads never change, that means they don't change /when someone else is trying to make him change them/.

For example, he backed off of me in the moment when Gemma defended me, despite not townreading Gemma, and that's super unusual for him.

Static reads means that his reads don't change at all, i.e. they are the same from D1 through to D3, with no variation. Changes in reads can be from external or internal sources. And example of an external source would be Reg telling you to scumread Cuth, and giving some logic on it, and you agreeing on that logic and trusting Reg, so you vote Cuth. And example of an internal source would be you reading Cuth's posts through the game while initially townreading them, then not liking their content, and changing your read. In the second example, the change comes from you and is not motivated by external factors.

This distinction is very important to town!Cobalt because he is constantly paranoid about being manipulated, so if a read isn't something he came up with himself (either on his own, or at the same time as another person posting that read), he doesn't trust it. He does however usually have a lot of internal read changes, because town!him is still trying to assess the game and figure things out. He's willing to say he was wrong about something before and do a 180 on someone as long as someone else isn't telling him to do it. This also ties into the ego thing, because Cobalt likes to be the one who solved the game and was always right, and he feels he can only do that if he's following /his/ reads, not someone else's.

What Jari noted as one of the solid points in his case is that Cobalt's reads did not change from d1 to d2 despite him getting new information, and the only real change was the one on me at Gemma's behest, which ended up back as a scumread anyway.

Do you understand?

14. fontisian

I think I don't want you in my towncircle.

If Tom flips wolf, you're fine. If he flips town, I think you may be tmiing.

15. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yes, I understand now. At least, enough that I don't need to debate it. I also coincidentally have been finishing reading yesterday and just got to the part where you did explain this so my bad for posting earlier without the full story.

We both seem to agree on the current course of action so I don't want to keep arguing.

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

I will say that if what you described about Cobalt is accurate, the thing that sounds the most valid would be that he did listen to Gemma on you despite not townreading Gemma. It's possible I was being too lenient on that progression because I was townreading Gemma and therefore listened, but maybe from Cobalt's PoV he wouldn't.

(Again, just thoughts for the future, not looking at Cobalt right now)

17. fontisian

Yes. At the time, I actually liked Cobalt accepting Gemma's read on me, because it was a solid read and I could see that see that being something Cobalt would agree with if he was townreading her. I didn't realize that he wasn't.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

Okay I've finished reading everything I missed yesterday. I don't have any new comments, but just wanted to say:

This is, like, the exact sort of thing that I could be asking about, like, "I don't get why people are so certain Fluff is town?" or etc. Like, people have said "Idk how Dels can have a read on Amy", Reg basically said I must have TMI to have a townread there, etc. But Amy has been in, as far as I recall, the last... three? major games I've played. That's why I can have a read on her. I do know how she plays. Not that I'm locktowning her here, but my knowledge informs my read in a way others seemingly can't do. And maybe it's the same for Amy on Cobalt, I know Cobalt's played a decent amount on MU.

I don't have a major point I'm just sort of miffed because I gladly accept the meta that is given by players here, 'cause I know how strong it is, but feels like some of us with meta on each other don't get accepted the same way.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

I could potentially make some more conclusions about the EoD but I'd rather wait because none of it changes the next flip(s) we need.

I still don't agree with Reg btw that Cuth's focus at this EoD was narrow, I feel he talked about a variety of topics and interacted with a good amount of people. But I'm obv not vetoing or anything so this is just me QQing so that if there's a v flip I can say "i told you so" (followed by "oh my god we're fucked")

I'm leaving my vote on. I don't need the full 48 hours today, I'm fine with an early maj. If people want more time to discuss or if Cuth wants more time to leave legacy reads, that's fine, but don't expect me to have a lot to say.