1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 3 Succession Signups

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Paradise, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Just a regular game of CK3 up until you die and then you send the save game onto the next guy on the list. Document your life and share it with the group.

Seeing as how there are no actual DLCs yet and no real good mods, a straight vanilla game seems the best bet.

Any takers?

2. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

I'm in.

I tend to roleplay when I play, and I'm loving the ck3 stress mechanics.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah I'm down for this.

4. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Sounds like fun

5. Paradise

Alright, we gotta enough people at this point to at least start, what start should we do?

Using this system I think any of the default starts will be fresh enough to go through, and 1066 should be best just in case we don't end up going extinct.

Out of the 1066 starts my favorites are,

King Sancho of Castile, Duke Vratislav of Bohemia, Malcolm of Scotland, and Svend of Denmark.

Any other ideas are welcome

6. Shouldabeenadog

I'll throw in two more. the Duke of Damot (ethiopia) and the emir of Dhunnudid in spain. There is also the Kushite counts in southern egypt, but that would be quite hard.

7. Paradise

I'm down to play Duke of Damot, never really played a whole lot of Ethopia, could be fun.

8. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Duke of Damot can lead to early game overs if you aren't careful and stick to the Hayamanot (Jewish) faith. It is doable though, having done a Jewsih run

9. kelkorkesis

kelkorkesis DA Member

High Score:
    Sign me up.

>Duke Vratislav of Bohemia

My vote is for this lad.

10. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm completely fine with Vlatislav.

11. kelkorkesis

kelkorkesis DA Member

High Score:
    When do we start? And are there any rules about you guys want to lay out?

12. Paradise

Okay so Vlatislav.

No real rules other than just plays a regular game of ck3 and dont fuck over your heir pls

I'll play Vlatislav and PM all yall when I'm done and first hit back gets the save. Sound good?

13. Shouldabeenadog

Dibs on going third.

14. kelkorkesis

kelkorkesis DA Member

High Score:
    There is going to be a new patch this Tuesday. It will probably be save game compatible but you can't never know with paradox. I suggest starting it after the new patch.

15. Paradise

Figured we'd need a separate thread for summaries, can be found here

16. junkseer2

junkseer2 First Year

High Score:
    Dibs on fourth, or fifth if fourth is taken

17. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

I’m down, assuming enough people die to fit in before the end date. If there’s enough people, maybe an 867 start date could be a good idea? Haesteinn could lead to some funny antics. By the way, I saw a report on reddit that 1.1 save games might not be as compatible as Paradox stated, I couldn’t test it myself though because all my old saves were modded.

I’ve also noticed it looks like they’ve introduced a bug in 1.2 where unlanded characters don’t seem to be properly selecting their lifestyle focus. Considering how weak the A.I. already can be, it’s kind of killing my desire to play until they hotfix it.

Edit: Alternatively for some DLP flair, we use the new custom character creator to create someone HP-inspired (Merlin? Gryffindor? A Peverell, or time travelling Harry himself?) and spread a dynasty of witches and wizards from the Scottish Highlands.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  18. junkseer2

junkseer2 First Year

High Score:
    Custom Scottish Hogwarts empire world conquest?

19. Paradise

So, I lost track of who had the save and really what was going on by the end of it, so.

In that spirit, part two~

A couple of new rules,

first, the write up is entirely optional now

second, please just a paragraph of what you were doing, and a screenshot of your realm at the time of your death and your ascension.

Also new, I'm going to create a list and we will follow that list for successions, if you'd like to be on that list, lemme know.

So, part two, DLP Succession Near East Edition,

1066 starts:

Calpih Al-Qai'm ibn Al-Qadir of the Sunni Caliphate,

You are Al-Qa'im, descended from the Abbasids, you currently pay fealty to the Turks, but are the master of Baghdad, the richest and greatest city in the world. Can you restore your family to its former glory, or will you be ground to dust and forgotten.

Mesfin Bekele of Damot of the Kingdom of Damot

You are the greatest of the southern Copts, with hundreds marching under your commands, you are beset to the west by desert pagans, to the south by the Waaqi, but even more distressing than that, is the rising Muslim population to your east. Will you tame the tumultuous Horn of Africa? Will you bow to the rising Abyssinian Empire, or will you forge your own out of the ever warring tribes to the south?

Emir Abdulluah of the Uyunid Emirate

You are the eastern most of the Isma'ili Emirs, with no great lineage to pay lip service to, and nothing more than a lone boy, the room to rise is ever infinite, but the plunging depths surround you. Will you bring your fellow Bedouins to heel and forge a kingdom capable of repelling the Seljuks, or will you fall as hundreds before you?

867 Starts

Amir Muhammad Adballahzade of Fars

You are the weakest of the rising Persian states, with your nephew ruling the Tahirids to your distant north, and the ever growing Saffarids to your east, you are caught between destiny, as the Abbasids star continues to fall, and the Saffarid horde pounds ever west-ward, yours has nothing to do but rise. Will you forge a kingdom from the fractured rubble?

Emir Denha of the Yahballaha Emirate,

While your neighbors continually adopted, and converted to the various Islamic faiths, your little island fell for a more eclectic mistress, Nestorianism, while you might not be the eastern most Nestorian, you are the only free one. Your island home is sparsely populated, and rather poor, but you have a greater ally than any, for the sea itself shelters you from all harm. Can you bring the light Jesus Christ to the many heathens around you? Or will you be forced to bow?

Anyway, go ahead and vote, and if you'd like to propose your own, I'd ask that you'd keep it in theme, if you really want to try another nation, I will be doing different areas in the coming weeks, probably. Highlights there are, Byzantium and the Caucasus, The Caspian Steppe, Vikings, Iberia, Mongol Steppe, the Sahara, and the Gold Coast.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  20. Shouldabeenadog

Voted.