1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MrINBN, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Watched Skill Up's review, seems like it's almost everything I hoped for (was hoping for more emphasis on the RPG, seems like it's a bit of an afterthought).

Still, it seems very buggy and some aspects of the game aren't balanced well at all. What's the word for DLC? I feel like this is a game I want to sit and do everything in when it's all out, like I never got to do with W3 (I never go back to games once I'm done, even ones I love). Hopefully by then we'll get some substantial patches to tighten things up like we did with W3.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    12 hours in. A few bugs, nothing game-breaking. Game is great.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lolwtf.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall of the office of whoever had to make sure the penis jiggle physics were working properly.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  4. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    I shall call this one… the Rudy.

I was supposed to have next week off, which would’ve given me ample time to try the game out. That, however, was cancelled, and consequently no Cyberpunk for me yet. I’m kind of glad when I’m looking at all the screenshots and videos of bugs currently floating through Twitterspace, but also kind of jealous.

5. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

I'm a few hours in and mostly enjoying myself, but I can't really decide where I want to start investing my attributes and perks. I had originally planned to go all in on stealth and basically play this the way I played Deus Ex, but that skill tree devoted to blades looks like it could be super fun.

6. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Been half watching my brother play it for a few hours. My main takeaway was that I was expecting more variety in the penis size choices. My main question is where are the cyber enhanced penis options? Serious hole in the world building in my opinion.

7. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Sponsored Bad Dragon dlc when?

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Idk have you seen this guy?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Yeah, his story is about exactly what you're imagining.

9. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

That guy's dialogue was hilarious.

Anyways, played all day today, like 20 or 25 hours in. Of course, I can't say the game has lived up to my unattainable expectations, but it's really fucking fun.

I've progressed the main quest line minimally. I feel like that's the usual kind of thing for a game like this - do every single side quest and then the main quest. I did that in Watson, then did the quests that progressed me to received the Denarian Silverhand in my head. Did the few starter quests after that as well. It was a couple hour long sequence until I was back in free-roam mode. And once you get there, the choices are pretty much overwhelming. Almost immediately I went from like 3 quests to 30, and maybe even more, though a lot of them were offers to buy new vehicles. That was cool, but I kind of wish there was a way to keep random vehicles you stole. I'll be honest, this game has a lot of awesome and cool looking vehicles. Best way to actually get around though seems to be a motorbike, at least for me. I love just looking at the cars though, even the SUV's.

You can pretty much do whatever you want in the city. There's sort of a generic tracker thing that is giving you your progress percentages, but I don't know the mechanism behind it yet. In the beginning there was just the one, and now there's 3. I'm not sure if there's some sort of balancing act, or if there's like a timer before your subconcious is melded or what. But for now, I'm just exploring all the side quests, generally following the idea that the parts of Night City with very high warnings are the later level content.

I want to partially revise my previous posts comment that the item diversity is kind of weak. It is weak, but it's not as weak as I thought. Sure, the junk item thing is still true, but once you go up in level, there is a fair more diversity. Reminds me a bit of the Outer Worlds in that regards, but it's better. Guns like sniper rifles certainly seem to be much rarer. I will say, I kind of wish there was unique items? Maybe there is and I haven't come across any, but the highest rarity is Legendary, which are mostly just the same as everything else except with better stats. Perhaps iconic weapons are this games unique weaposn, and now that I think of it, that does make a little sense since you can craft them and they are pretty strong. I found one called Fafnir which sets targets on fire and is really strong. Collecting items can still be annoying with clipping problems.

As for combat, I also want to revise that. I called it like Borderlands combat, and that's still true. Cover is kind of arbitrary, and you just go for headshots and stuff, but the combat is pretty dynamic. If you want to stealth, you can stealth, and it's pretty fun. You can hack everything to your hearts content as well, set people's cybernetics on fire and shit like that (which coincidentally is super annoying as the enemies love to spam that on me for some reason). My favorite thing so far though are the mantis blades. You need street cred level 20 to buy them, which is a bit of a cocktease since you can see the skill tree for them at the start of the game, but you can unlock them before you finish the prologue. And they're a ton of fun. They're pretty much just wolverine claws and you can do fatalities with them, like jam them into someone chest and lift them off the ground. I'm already picturing a dedicate mantis build next time around, or maybe even one of the other variants, the gorilla arms and monowire. Tons of fun and not old yet.

Onto the bugs. All just visual glitches mostly. Not that common either
    1) Mirrors are still wonky. Not just the apartment one either, one other random one I found did the same thing. After the prologue though, the one in the apartment actually worked though.
    2) Seen some vehicles clip into the ground. In one specific side quest spot, there was a van that I thought was intentionally cemented into the ground but once the fighting started it popped right out.
    3) Your Epona whistle does some weird things. I've seen the car spawn right in front of me. Usually games like this would spawn them behind you to prevent that, and the game does that as well, just not all the time. Also, if you see your car approach you, you can call it again and it will teleport to a closer spot. Kinda funny.
    4) Haven't seen any clothes glitches in the overworld, but I've had it happen in the inventory screen where the clothing doesn't render, so you have to re-equip it.
    5) More weird NPC spawning and wallclipping with the pedestrian generator. Saw one spawn inside and apartment I was doing a quest in and walk straight outside.
    6) Weird minimap glitch. One of the symbols on the map got locked onto my orbit for some reason, and would just slide around the screen as I moved.

Obviously all this shit is super minor stuff. People who are going to wait 3 months for these kinds to maybe get fixed are the pickiest people I've ever heard of. The actual frequency of these visual glitches happen was very infrequent, maybe one every two hours. On the bugginess scale, the game is like a 2/10. Really minor shit. Of course that is on PC. If you're going to wait for the game to run halfway decently on the ps4, you'll be waiting a long time.

Here's the funniest glitch I've seen yet -

[​IMG]

So the biochip with Silverhand on it rendered in as a pistol for some reason, so the dude literally pulled the pistol out of his hand and handed it to me.

10. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Has there been anything out there about mods yet? Is the engine CP77 is made with conducive to mods?

11. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Alright, so I've been playing about ten hours so far. My verdict is that it's a masterpiece that would've done well with another five months or so in production to polish it.

Pros
    • The visuals (if your rig can do them). I play on 4k/ultra with RT, and the visuals are fucking amazing. I can't say I've seen that level of graphical fidelity n a game before. RT if implemented well is a gamechanger, as is DLSS to actually enable RT. I'm excited for what that technology can actually bring to the game.
    • The sound is amazing.
    • The general atmosphere - this ties into the first two points but it bears repeating: Night City is something else, and the Cyberpunk-y feel of the world is great.
    • Story - as far as I've played - has been good with a few gut-wrenching moments so far. It certainly hasn't been boring (though some people are complaining about the briefness of the three introductory paths - I've only played streetkid, so I can't speak to Corpo/Nomad, but I can see where they're coming from.

Cons
    • Bugs. Nothing gamebreaking so far, but it is certainly immersion breaking if, during a serious cut scene, an npc from the city glitches into the room and remains there, crouching on the floor with her hands over her head
    • Driving - holy fuck it feels bad
    • Character customization - why even bother? The most important setting are your fingernails. The rest is irrelevant because you never see it anyway - on the flipside, that way at least I'm not bothered that my outfit changes from crappy to crappier because of stats, since I can't see it anyway
    • Open world NPC AI - for a place as densely populated as NC, the city can feel remarkably static at times outside of quests and sidemissions. No one reacts to you. You can barely talk to anyone or do anything. Want to have a drink at the bar? Here, browse my ingame menu and get your hp. Want to have noddles at one of the thousand stalls? Shit out of luck. NPCs watch you with absolute indifference, whether you're blood-soaked and wielding a katana out in the open, or dressed as a businesswoman. You can point a weapon at them and they keep chilling. It feels unresponsive, as if the open world aspect was an afterthought rather than a core part of the game - and once the initial awe has ebbed away a little, that becomes quite obvious. Maybe I'm a bit too spoiled by RDR2 (I don't even expect that kind of realism and responsiveness) but give me at least a little please?

I have fun and enjoy it. I also think that there's a lot of raw, unrealized potential because it was shipped too early. And I really fucking hope mods can eventually provide a 3rd person perspective. In short: if you got the patience to wait (either for patches or for an RT-able gpu), please do so. I've no doubt that this'll become an amazing experience down the line.

12. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I give it an 8/10 right now with the potential to be a 10/10 with some polish over the next year.

it’s a good game. Very worth the wait. I find myself using tech far more than I thought I would.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Misread that, not thinking of the Tech, but I'll still follow through with my original response to say that I've used Cameras and Quickhacks to wipe out entire compounds without getting touched several times now.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm a simple man. I can tell good characters when I see 'em.

[​IMG]

15. Dagro

Dagro DA Member

I am not quite as pleased as most here and view many of the issues as more critical. Story & most related missions are fine, but as soon as you go openworld, it quickly feels dead. Things like 'driving is bad', should not be simply brushed off. There is a bunch of QoL features that I view as established in PC games, that are simply missing. This is a game I really want to love, but have a very hard time with. I agree there is lot's of potential here, but there needs to be some serious love that goes well past of fixing bugs & polishing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...led_list_of_missing_features_quality_of_life/ <- I can get behind most issues on that list.

Now the review issues, got a real dark spin to it. Console peasants are truly fucked aswell. So atleast we got that. :3

16. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't care what any console dogs have to say, in terms of visuals/graphics no other game ever created comes close to this. Every single penny I spent on my RTX 3090 and CX 48 OLED was absolutely worth it for this experience alone. Just got to the end of 'chapter one' of the main story - not felt like this about a game in a long long time.

17. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

It definitely looks very nice on my PC - though I'm only running it on 'High' because I only have a 2070 - but the more I play the worse the AI gets. That's a lot more worrying than bugs and performance issues, because I don't see how they fix that without a huge overhaul, so it seems like this is just going to be the state of the game.

18. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The boxing matches are fucking infuriating. First genuinely bad part of the game I've encountered.

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'd say they're the first genuinely *hard* part of the game I've encountered. But each fighter has their own set of moves that's countered in specific ways. It's frustrating, but I've enjoyed them.

20. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Jesus, the subreddit for Cyberpunk is a dumpsterfire. The amount of salt in that place is unbelievable.