1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Prince of the Dark Kingdom by Mizuni-sama - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by headbanger22, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Pathological Liar

Pathological Liar Second Year

Thr fact that this might get finished is a very very surprising but extremely pleasant news

2. GravityAP

GravityAP First Year

It’s been on my list of abandoned stories I’d love to see revised somehow since I first read it three years ago so I’m happy the author is back. I am disappointed it looks like the work will become an original fiction because I was extremely excited to see how this story would finish. It already had a foot out the door on the way to original fiction so I’m cautiously optimistic.

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I talked with the author yesterday.

They are still plan on finishing this fic as a hp fanfiction while also starting a new original fiction based in this work. Hopefully we will get an ending. :)

4. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    HOW WHERE WHAT HOW

2021 BEST YEAR

This is the best news I'll get this year. Oh my fucking gawd. But fr, how did you get in touch with them? I thought Mizuni-sama had no contact deets available anywhere.

5. Pathological Liar

Pathological Liar Second Year

Well, that is some good news.

Now, if only Harry Potter And the BWL was continued, this would be a better year.

6. LinguaManiac

LinguaManiac Seventh Year

High Score:
    I don't know how Lindsey did it, but on the update the author put out an email address to contact her (I'm assuming her with a name like Mizuni, but that is obviously just an assumption). So you can go that way.

7. makeshiftcraftsman

makeshiftcraftsman First Year

I'm astounded and happy that this story is restarting after 7 years. It's pretty unique in how far off the beaten track it took the HP world.

8. ihe

ihe Muggle

I saw the last update date and i tought : "mah, seem really interesting, but do i really want to add another dead story (not updated in years) to my reading list ?" And then i followed the link because damn, it look nice and dead or not ain't gonna stop me from enjoying a good story. And then miracle of miracles, i saw it just updated -Like today or yesterday. Awesome. The story is back.

9. Jax

Jax Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

A surprise to be sure, but, a welcome one.

10. GravityAP

GravityAP First Year

I can’t believe we all fell for this

11. Lindsey

She is still working on it.

While she hasn't announced it, she has been working on the fic. Her plan is to finish the series before starting to post it. I'm one of her betareaders and have recieved around 10 chapters so far.

One reason it has taken longer than she has expected is due to some major personal events that have happened to both her and some of the beta readers.

I can't give an estimated time for completion, but I can say she is working on it, and will continue to do so.

12. makeshiftcraftsman

makeshiftcraftsman First Year

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to reading it when it's finished.

13. Lindsey

As of today, Mizuni-sama has finished the first draft of POTDK. I received the epilogue this morning.

While we still need a few months to iron out the kinks and edit it properly, I can now officially say that this story will be completed.

To all the readers and writers out there, don't ever give up hope completely. Mizuni-sama is proof of that. Her return has given me hope that I can finish my own fanfic one day, even if it takes longer than I expected.

Today is a good day.

14. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lindsey, you are my favorite person in the world right now.

15. LinguaManiac

LinguaManiac Seventh Year

High Score:
    Cheers and well done!

16. moribund_helix

moribund_helix Third Year

Not to be a dick, but this story is mostly terrible. I do have to admit I didn't actually read it all, some chapters in the beginning and then I skipped most of the stuff going on and only read whatever caught my eye. Because it was very bad.

I will disregard the stuff about magical cores & readings of power, all the stuff about gods & religion that I think bring down the story by quite a lot. And all the atrocious grammar and spelling. I mean, c'mon you can't even spell "altar" and "except" correctly?

I'll just focus on Harry and how he doesn't make sense, not in the slightest. He somehow is enamoured with Voldemort (the dictator whose wars leave thousands of dead behind, who tortures and kills prisoners, who murders children), but is outraged with enemies who're not even 1/10th as bad. Outraged even with Ron (this should have a bashing tag), who wants to curse Lucius as he sentenced his father to spend his life in hell and ultimately died in Azkaban. Lucius who is the cause of not just his friends' family struggles but also a despicable human being.

Obviously the author somehow tries to write a character who makes sense. But fails spectacularly.

On the upside there's some wordbuilding with fairies and talking birds, unfortunately not enough to make this readable.

17. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You say "this story is bad" but what you're describing is that you didn't like it. Which isn't the same at all, lmao.

You can have whatever opinion you like, but in your skim reading and skipping, it seems pretty clear that you've completely missed all the nuances of this story and the pivotal character relationships within it.

18. moribund_helix

moribund_helix Third Year

Oookay?? I don't like the story no. I don't like the religious stuff, I'm not into bad spelling & grammar. But I did criticize Harry's character as unbelievable and Ron's bashing. You're free to like bashing and disregard characters that don't make sense, but just because you don't care/are more interested in other aspects doesn't make my criticism any less true. And yes to some extent all criticism is subjective.

This sounds suspiciously like the "to be fair, you have to have a high IQ" copypasta. It wasn't my fault I skipped a lot, I really couldn't do otherwise. Bad spelling makes my eyes bleed.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  19. Nicovi

Nicovi Fourth Year

Missing nuances because you skim a text isn't a hard concept. I tried taking your criticism seriously but it seems the word copypasta just made my eyes bleed. No my fault.

20. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    To be fair, the fact that someone hasn't consumed 100% of the product doesn't make their criticism of it invalid. In fact, failure to keep a reader's attention falls on the story.

Throwing "nuance" around is a nice buzzword, but it's not a get-out-of-jail-free card in combination with the critic not having finished the story.